• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Anyone else think Kiper is a hack?

The Redskins acquisition of a 35 year old pocket passer with all of the other issues the team has would be a very stupid move and one that would set this franchise even further back.

We already made the mistake of trying to marry a 33 year old declining qb to a team in the initial stages of a rebuilding process.

Didn't turn out too well.

I would really be shocked if Manning doesn't finish his career in Indy. I think it's quite possible he HAS finished his career in Indy. It doesn't take a year to recover from the type of surgery he had. It's a relatively straight-forward operation. That he is still unable to play doesn't bode well for him. Couple that with the fact that you don't mess around with injuries in that area of the body, and I think it's a 50-50 proposition at best that he's ever cleared to play again.

Even if he can play, I just don't see him going to another team. I think the Colts let him finish out in Indy (whether Luck is drafted or not) as a nod of respect to a guy who's brought them glory beyond imagination.

one of the worst QBs ever in the history of the game shouldnt have so much to say about what goes on in it. I wish Archie would STFU and put a paper bag on his head.
Wow. Really?

Archie was a stud. His team was epically, historically putrid.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SFCDkpFtpog[/media]

Who thinks the Colts are going to pay Manning $28M next February at age 36?

They're not. And because Manning's bonus is what it is the Colts are going to have to cut him.

Manning is going to be a free agent.
Posted via BGO Mobile Device

Wow. Really?

Archie was a stud. His team was epically, historically putrid.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SFCDkpFtpog[/media]

Helpful hint, for anyone who wants to travel to New Orleans:

Its pronounced "New Or-lins," not "New Or-lee-ans." or "New Or-leens." NOLA folks HATE those pronunciations. :)

yeah, really.

Archie Manning: 23,911 yards, 125 TDS, 173 INTs, 67.1 QB Rating

never had a winning season. that just screams winner. youll have to scroll all the way down towards to the bottom to see Archie. below Dilfer, Zorn, Testaverde and some others not worth mentioning.

http://www.profootballhof.com/history/stats/top20/passer_ratings.aspx
Yeah, 'cuz it's all about the numbers. All those contemporaries of his who covered and played both with and against him, what do they know? Stats baby.

Yeah, 'cuz it's all about the numbers. All those contemporaries of his who covered and played both with and against him, what do they know? Stats baby.

Archie Manning's had a top ten passer rating in 1972.

It was 68.8. :)

The guy played for 13 seasons and went to two pro-bowls. He was a good QB.

That said, I'm sick of hearing his name. His sons are adults and have their own careers. I'd like to think they could speak for themselves by now.

That said, I'm sick of hearing his name. His sons are adults and have their own careers. I'd like to think they could speak for themselves by now.

Agreed. Feels like he's trying to recapture his old glory by chiming in about his kids every once in awhile.

I'm not passing judgment on Archie. Reporters call HIM every day asking for his opinion on his sons. If it's me in his shoes, I'm not sure I'm not doing the same thing. You guys must be made of sterner stuff.

I'm not passing judgment on Archie. Reporters call HIM every day asking for his opinion on his sons. If it's me in his shoes, I'm not sure I'm not doing the same thing. You guys must be made of sterner stuff.

Heh. I don't think it has to do with being made of stern stuff but I can guarantee you that if someone called me up to ask what I thought my son should or shouldn't do regarding his career I would politely tell whomever it was to ask my son.

Besides, I don't think this was some sort of accidental slip-up or something. Archie has a history of being front-and-center with regards to his sons and their dealings with teams. Its kind of annoying is all.

Heh. I don't think it has to do with being made of stern stuff but I can guarantee you that if someone called me up to ask what I thought my son should or shouldn't do regarding his career I would politely tell whomever it was to ask my son.

Besides, I don't think this was some sort of accidental slip-up or something. Archie has a history of being front-and-center with regards to his sons and their dealings with teams. Its kind of annoying is all.

Wasn't it Archie who told everyone that Eli wasn't going to play in San Diego if they drafted him? I remember Eli never said a word, his father spoke for him.

Being fond of throwing monkey wrenches into any good and contentious discussion, I got curious about how many statistically nondescript QBs have managed to win a Super Bowl.

More than one might think, apparently. Bleacher Report did an article in 2009 called "The 10 worst Quarterbacks to win a Superbowl", appropriately and there are some gems to be found there. Here's a sample of what I found.

Jim Plunkett.

Jim Plunkett won Super Bowls 15 and 18, and was the MVP of Super Bowl 15, he threw 13-21, had 261 yards, and three touchdowns. In Super Bowl 18 he threw 16-25, had 172 yards, and one touchdown.

In both of his Super Bowl wins Plunkett was out performed by the opposing QB (Jaws, and Thiesman). By the numbers that Plunkett put up over his career, I' m shocked he even had a chance in the playoffs.

In his entire career Plunkett threw 164 touchdowns, 198 interceptions, and had the second lowest QB rating of any QB to win a Super Bowl—67.5. In 12 of his 16 seasons Plunkett threw more interceptions than touchdowns.

Trent Dilfer-you know he had to be on the list.

Most people who aren't big football fans probably can't even answer the question, "who was the ravens QB when they won the super bowl?"

Dilfer is who everybody who is now know as "game mamagers" is compared to. He was similar to Kerry Collins on the Titans this year.

In his only Super Bowl appearance, all he had to do was not lose the game for the Ravens defense. The defense posted maybe the greatest numbers by a team in Super Bowl history.

They joined the Dolphins from Super Bowl VII and the Steelers from Super Bowl IX, as the only three teams not to allow the opposing offense to score a point (the giants had a special teams touchdown).

Baltimores defense, led by Ray Lewis, allowed the Giants to gain only 152 yards. Lewis had 4 sacks and posted 5 turnovers. I

In that game, Dilfer completed 12-26 passes for 153 yards and one touchdown. After the season he became the only QB to win a Super Bowl and be cut by his team directly afterwords.

In his career he threw 113 touchdowns, 129 interceptions, and had a QB rating of 70.2.

Joe Namath.

Broadway Joe may be more known for the original guarantee and off the field antics than for his less then stellar on the field contributions.

His career numbers are absolutely awful and his Super Bowl MVP numbers are not much better. In his career Joe had only 173 touchdowns and tossed 220 interceptions.

He also has the worst career QB rating by a Super Bowl QB ever, at 65.5. That's not even game manager style, that is horrid. How they beat the Colts is completely beyond me.

In the big game Joe completed 17 of 28 passes for 206 yards and no touchdowns or interceptions. If not for the guarantee he would never be recognized as a great QB.

Based on his numbers he should not be in the Hall of Fame either. If he really should be in the Hall of Fame, then almost every QB on this list should be a shoe in first ballot Hall member.

He only had two seasons with more touchdowns then interceptions.

Of course the Redskins had a contribution here, Doug Williams.

When Doug Williams won the MVP in Super Bowl 22 he posted amazing numbers—he had a record 340 yards and 4 touchdowns.

The Skins, as a team, set many records on offense including the most offensive yards, most rushing yards, and the most offensive touchdowns in a Super Bowl.

So how is Doug Williams on this list? In his career Doug Williams had only 100 touchdowns and 93 interceptions, with a QB rating of 69.4. That is the 3rd lowest career QB rating of any QB who has won a Super Bowl.

Even Terry Bradshaw made it.

Terry Bradshaw was the hardest guy to put on this list. Anyone who has four Super Bowl rings and two MVPs doesn't usually belong in a "Top 10 Worst Quarterbacks" list.

But Bradshaw threw 212 touchdown, 210 interceptions, and had a measly 70.9 rating—not very good at all. He posted one of the worst seasons ever by a QB in 1970, with six touchdowns and 24 interceptions in 13 games.

Would Bradshaw have gotten as far as he did if the Steel Curtain hadn't been his defense?

The rest of the team matters it seems.

Here's the link to the BleacherReport article and the rest of the list.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/118647-the-10-worst-quarterbacks-to-win-a-super-bowl

Thanks, serv. ;)

As to my AAA brothers (Annoyed At Archie) ... I'm pretty pissed about how bad the Redskins suck too. I've just found other things to channel that annoyance at, I guess.

Like warts. I mean, wtf is that?

archie has declared himself some spokesman for his kids and its tiresome. as tiresome as "the media" talking about brett favre and if he is going to retire or not.

is jason campbell a good QB? He had a **** line and horrible stats but the guy kept coming back. dislocated knee cap, came back. now broken collar bone and he will be back. can we call him a great QB too?

Mike, Manning was an all-pro in 1978. He went to two pro-bowls. He did not suck.

Sonny Jurgensen started for the Redskins for seven seasons and had one winning record (7-5-2). His career record as a starter is 69-73-7. Did he suck too?

But that's neither here nor there. I agree that Manning's involvement in his kids' business is tiresome.

Mike, seriously ... this shouldn't even be a discussion.

I know I always thought about Archie Manning as the "Loveable Loser".

He did have his moments, but they were usually improvised off broken plays. I always thought he provided more comically entertaining highlights, than he did "Wow! What a QB!" moments. But, I'm old and senile now, so WTF do I know.

I don't dislike the guy, but you'd have to go through quite a number of QB's before I'd get to "Wish he'd have been our QB". That's for damn sure.

Manning had a lot of talent but was on the worst team in the league. New Orleans refused to spend any money to assemble and keep a good team and kept Manning largely because of his local draw playing for Miss.

I remember going to a Saints vs. Redskins game in 1975 at RFK and the Redskins won 41-3.

Other than Manning I doubt they had any players that would have made the Redskins team.
Posted via BGO Mobile Device

Agreed. Feels like he's trying to recapture his old glory by chiming in about his kids every once in awhile.

I was saying this when he got involved in Eli's draft. Seems like he just wants to recapture something from his playing days. I'd call it glory, but he never seemed to have any of that. :laugh:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.