• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Adrian Peterson Released

SkinsFanPip

2020 BGO Ballers Champ
Reaction score
1599221161529.png

Well... that came from out of nowhere

absolute bullshit

we have 1 running back who is unproven and was out on IR all last year
and 2 more who are unproven and....UNFUCKINGPROVEN!

absolute horseshit.

I pray it isn't for something non-football related.

Reading more and more from the beat reporters, the feeling is that AP was 1 dimensional. With the lack of talent elsewhere, the RBs are going to need to be multi-dimensional to be able to execute the system that Turner will be running. AP doesn't have that skillset.

I still don't really agree with the move. AP stabilizes the locker room. He's as reliable as you can get and he goes to work. Not a happy day, Turner and River just better be right...

Seems to me pretty clear they're looking to add at least one somebody ... gonna give it a couple days to see the whole picture.

absolute bullshit

we have 1 running back who is unproven and was out on IR all last year
and 2 more who are unproven and....UNFUCKINGPROVEN!

absolute horseshit.
I think that's more of an emotional response (which I understand). He's 35. That he is still a reliable starter with durability is amazing. But it can't continue for much longer. It's also possible it wasn't a football decision, although I think it probably was. We have ALWAYS held onto good players far too long. Whether it's the right call here, only time will tell. But I like that we are making an unpopular decision - if only because it shows they have the courage to do what they think is right whether the owner or fans love it or not.

I think that's more of an emotional response (which I understand). He's 35. That he is still a reliable starter with durability is amazing. But it can't continue for much longer. It's also possible it wasn't a football decision, although I think it probably was. We have ALWAYS held onto good players far too long. Whether it's the right call here, only time will tell. But I like that we are making an unpopular decision - if only because it shows they have the courage to do what they think is right whether the owner or fans love it or not.
It is emotional, but nothing I said was wrong. He has proven year in and out that he is dependable and durable, and gets 1000 yards per season.

who is the RB we have on the roster who can do what he does?

Bryce Love? He had to take his entire rookie season off due to surgery
Antonio Gibson? Rookie
JD McKissic? In 4 seasons he doesn't even have the amount of AP in his worst year
Peyton Barber? No..just no.

The fact that we did this but let Fournette go to TB is mind boggling. Unless we are trying for Devonta Freeman or making some huge trade, we just let an amazing leader on the field walk who was still producing and looking forward to getting the rushing title in DC.

Reaction from local beat and media folks.

As it settles down in my mind, it makes more sense.... but still think he's a valuable piece on the team.

I also CAN UNDERSTAND the notion that AP is not a long term player here, so keeping him here only takes away reps from development of Gibson / Love and seeing what they actually have to offer.

I don't really like it... but i guess i get it. It's the same stance I had at TE and cutting Rodgers and Sprinkle lose if it was my choice.... but Sprinkle isn't a HOF TE either so....

I'm shocked, but this feels like a future orientated move. Youth movement all the way.

Rivera has said all along he want's to play the youngsters. And we're not winning the SB this year or going to the playoffs. So this is the perfect season to roadtest the youngsters we have on the team I guess.
Peterson would just take reps away from us seeing what we're really got.

I think if you're focused on winning this year you would keep him as a dependable back. If this year is simply a 'lets see what we're working with' year (in order to see what needs addressing next off season) then I guess it has some logic.

Still took me by surprise though.

I'd like them to have kept him around for his locker room presence, but I also know Peterson wants to play in order to break the all time records. Maybe a team will pick him up that needs a workhorse so he can try breaking them.

It is emotional, but nothing I said was wrong. He has proven year in and out that he is dependable and durable, and gets 1000 yards per season.

who is the RB we have on the roster who can do what he does?

Bryce Love? He had to take his entire rookie season off due to surgery
Antonio Gibson? Rookie
JD McKissic? In 4 seasons he doesn't even have the amount of AP in his worst year
Peyton Barber? No..just no.

The fact that we did this but let Fournette go to TB is mind boggling. Unless we are trying for Devonta Freeman or making some huge trade, we just let an amazing leader on the field walk who was still producing and looking forward to getting the rushing title in DC.

He's not only at the twilight of his career, he's a poor fit for what Turner wants to do on offense. Those two things alone make it a reasonable decision (whether one likes or agrees with it or not). I don't think 'Rookie' or 'was injured' are negatives - they're just considerations. AP was both a rookie and out for a year and neither of those things had any relevance in terms of his potential or future. That's not to say any of these guys has a chance to be AP in their career. He's an all-time great. I think it all comes down to the future, getting the team younger at the position, seeing what we have there, and recognizing that the end is near for AP. I have to trust they have considered all those things. They may even realize that AP would make them better this season, but that in the long haul it impedes growth and progress.

Hes broke
Hes not just some normal player
He also is cheap
He wants to break the record

None of those players listed above are any of that except cheap. We cut a stud RB for a maybe and roll of the dice.

I’m surprised by this move, but it does make sense if they believe in their current RBs. I was already trying to figure out how he would fit into the offense. Don’t get me wrong, watching him was amazing. He was late in his career as an RB and can still get it done. But at RB, you generally want that youth and RB is the easiest position to transition into for a rookie and young player. I am concerned about the durability of guys on the team when AP is reliable as they come. But if you like the young guys, you have to play them and that leaves Peterson as they odd man out.

It also may be possible he asked for his release so he can find another team. Chicago will be a good fit since their RB will miss the first few weeks.

He was surprised by the cut, so it wasn't his idea.

Still waiting to see if a move is made for a tight end.

doesn't the season start in 10 days?

not really much of a chance to get signed and learn the playbook.

In an ordinary year, I would agree this is very late. But I think we have to remember that this new coaching staff had very little time to observe the players this offseason. I think they made the decision as soon as they felt comfortable making it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.