• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Adios Muchachos

Boone

The Commissioner
Staff member
BGO Ownership Group
Reaction score
Military Branch
Marine Corps
Alma Mater
Virginia
Don't get too excited - I'm not actually leaving :)

But I am crusing down to Mexico for a week on Monday morning. I anticipate a lot of Tequila being ingested. My beautiful amazing daughter will turn 21 while we're there. Deep sea fishing will occur and Mayan ruins will be traipsed upon. Who knows what else might happen?

As I get (gasp) *older*, I appreciate these 'life experiences' a lot more. When I turned 50, I told my brother I wanted to do something 'epic'. That seed germinated into an amazing 10 day trek across the Gallatin Traverse in Yellowstone, one of the most physically challenging and memorable adventures of my life to date (and I've had a few). My brother and I kind of made a bargain during that trip. We discussed the merits of leaving our kids a ton of money when we're gone, vs. leaving them a ton of amazing memories. So I think this is just the start of many memories to come. I see Germany looming in our near future as the next adventure. Maybe Australia or Scotland the year after.

But this week, we'll enjoy Mexico.

Don't wait until your 50.

I don't know what happened to my 30's and 40's. They are a vague blur of work-a-holic child rearing and daily grind. Much of that daily grind represents some of the best memories a human could have. I was a great Dad and regret not a single second it took to achieve that title. Every moment spent with my kids was and is precious and irreplaceable. But the world never stops rotating around us. There is so much to see, hear, smell, and feel. Don't waste a second. Work if you must. But live.

Just a quick sentiment from an older guy. From someone determined to have his last 30 years eclipse anything he did in his first 50.

Last edited:
That's awesome. I'm so worried about having kids for this very reason!

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

Don't worry Jaimie - I swear to you, your kids will be your greatest joy. I have never once thought 'I wish these guys weren't around'. Not even once. I think it's more a matter of not getting caught up in the day to day where you forget to 'live', or allowing your daily routine to anesthetize you. That can happen whether you have kids or not.

Last edited:
I meant it more like "can I ever travel again with my kids?" I know yours are older, but still kind of inspiring. We love to travel... sharing it with kids would be awesome.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

Well said John. Have a fantastic trip, take some pcs and post them when you get back (including the infamous Mexican Bigfoot).

Lanky, I'm still in the young kids phase mostly, but John is right. I do have one teenager and I love the person she is becoming. She's smart as hell, funny, snarky and a joy to be around. And I had a hand in some of that which I think is pretty cool. When the kids are little, you enjoy spending time with them, but in a different way. It's all about them all the time. You hang with them to do stuff they enjoy. As they get older you get to share common interests and they get more interesting. Watching her develop has been a blast. I cant wait to do some trips like John is describing.

Have fun amigo!

Sent from my SCH-R530X using Tapatalk

Have a great time, John.

And please don't start any international incidents. :betterwink:

The easiest way to hold onto these memories forever is to hire a photographer to traipse along the jaunts with you!

Holy shit brother! Tell me which wall to run through!

Awesome post! Hope you have 1 of the times of your life!

And you are so right. We work to live. Not live to work.

Slut.............;)

The good thing is, I am my own pimp! :laugh:

And Boone, kudos! I am trying to take the advice of all who have gone before me. I find myself putting the work down for a time to go spend a few moments with the boy...great advantage of being able to work a lot from my home office.

I need to work on my s-pan-yole.

I thought you were cutting off a mustache.

Last edited:
Remember.... don't drink the water, or use Ice cubes :)

Have a blast !

Thanks brother - I think it will be difficult not to have fun :) happy free agency BGO - I'll be checking in periodically ...

You could do a lot worse :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.