• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Adios Muchachos

Hopefully you're already on your way. But have fun! going to new countries is awesome.

In Dallas, next stop Mexico

don't forget to write!!!

enjoy old friend. (as opposed to old man).

Hope you and your family are having a great time John!!!

Be safe and have fun, John! Memories from fun family trips are the best memories one can make! I hope your daughter has the best birthday she never remembers ;)

I think she did Katie! Toured Mayan ruins, some of the best snorkeling ever, zip lining, canoeing, and an amazing lunch with a complimentary birthday girl tequila shot, capped off by some 'monkey time' - I think she had a great day. Today is the first day I've not had to get up at 5 a.m. Or earlier ... Re energizing ...

Mexico is a lot of fun. going cave exploring and swimming with sea turtles tomorrow.

I wish you could all be here with us :)

I think she did Katie! Toured Mayan ruins, some of the best snorkeling ever, zip lining, canoeing, and an amazing lunch with a complimentary birthday girl tequila shot, capped off by some 'monkey time' - I think she had a great day. Today is the first day I've not had to get up at 5 a.m. Or earlier ... Re energizing ...

Mexico is a lot of fun. going cave exploring and swimming with sea turtles tomorrow.

I wish you could all be here with us :)

Where'd you snorkel? We were totally underwhelmed.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

We were just a few miles from Tulum in some channels fed by under ground springs. The sardines were spawning and there were millions if them- it was really amazing. Lots of tropical fish too...

Last edited:
Ah, yes, we didn't make it to Tulum. Sounds like we should have!! Glad your snorkeling experience was better than mine!

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

Don't get too excited - I'm not actually leaving :)

But I am crusing down to Mexico for a week on Monday morning. I anticipate a lot of Tequila being ingested. My beautiful amazing daughter will turn 21 while we're there. Deep sea fishing will occur and Mayan ruins will be traipsed upon. Who knows what else might happen?

As I get (gasp) *older*, I appreciate these 'life experiences' a lot more. When I turned 50, I told my brother I wanted to do something 'epic'. That seed germinated into an amazing 10 day trek across the Gallatin Traverse in Yellowstone, one of the most physically challenging and memorable adventures of my life to date (and I've had a few). My brother and I kind of made a bargain during that trip. We discussed the merits of leaving our kids a ton of money when we're gone, vs. leaving them a ton of amazing memories. So I think this is just the start of many memories to come. I see Germany looming in our near future as the next adventure. Maybe Australia or Scotland the year after.

But this week, we'll enjoy Mexico.

Don't wait until your 50.

I don't know what happened to my 30's and 40's. They are a vague blur of work-a-holic child rearing and daily grind. Much of that daily grind represents some of the best memories a human could have. I was a great Dad and regret not a single second it took to achieve that title. Every moment spent with my kids was and is precious and irreplaceable. But the world never stops rotating around us. There is so much to see, hear, smell, and feel. Don't waste a second. Work if you must. But live.

Just a quick sentiment from an older guy. From someone determined to have his last 30 years eclipse anything he did in his first 50.

I have to admit that this post inspired me. Due to Boone's thoughts sinking in, I've recently booked an adventure for myself and my son.

We will be doing a four-day rafting trip through Utah canyons on the Green and Colorado rivers and camping riverside in the evenings. This should be one hell of a ride!

Anyone done this before?

Thanks, John. Really.

18 is a full group, our dates aren't full yet.

I have to admit that this post inspired me. Due to Boone's thoughts sinking in, I've recently booked an adventure for myself and my son.

We will be doing a four-day rafting trip through Utah canyons on the Green and Colorado rivers and camping riverside in the evenings. This should be one hell of a ride!

Anyone done this before?

Thanks, John. Really.

I've done things closeness to that. They're a blast. If you guys enjoy fishing bring your stuff you can spend the evenings fishing :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.