• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

a 3rd next year and a 5th this year? are you joking?

I think we have a chance to field a generational defence and our offence should be at least middle of the pack if the O line can play even decently, the problem is that the Oline has not played well, yes we had injuries and yes we are talent defecient on offense, which is why we cant really afford to give players away to make a point.

it was a huge stupid move to not trade TW last year, but it was even dumber to trade him on day 2 of the draft. it is obvious that we panicked and took a deal that no intelligent GM would even try to justify.

yes we also got cap room, but you don't trade a pro bowl LT when your oline sucks already, for cap room. scherff is solid but not a quentin nelson type that you break the bank for, you only draft a guard high if you think he is a generational player, point of fact many guards in theNFL are former LT's who couldnt quite cut the mustard. anyway its done, but its a sign that our problems with idiots running the show may not have left with bruce.

I think we need to keep a close eye on this FO. something many of us are just not very motivated to do at this point

I never said the board would die without me, what I said was that when I post, people tend to engage whether my grammar and punctuation are perfect or not. as for this board or any others, if you start insulting members, you will find nobody sticks around. Boone and I spoke about this privately, which was probably how it should have been handled from the start.

To be fair Ryman, I didn’t insult you. I grammar-Nazied you. You were insulted, but that’s different from me insulting you :) In the post mentioned, I even said I might be being petty. I also self-identified I wish I’d said it via PM. I didn’t have to apologize or explain myself via PM but I did (even before this). We understand your point and let’s move on please.

the redskins are in a situation where they have to maximise their resources, trading an all pro LT for a 5th rounder and a third next year, both of which are literally garbage picks at the end of the round, was not maximising resouces.

I realize this is picking nits but Trent is not an All-Pro. The best he has ever done is second-team All-Pro and that was only one year (2015). Now, he is a 7x Pro Bowl selection but we all know that is not a real gage on a guy's talent and contribution. There are just too many similarities with voting for Homecoming Queen. Does it mean he is pretty good? Yeah, yeah it does.

However, we aren't talking about trading Anthony Munoz here.

Last edited:
pretty shocking the utter disrespect in this thread now.I still remember Antonio Gates missing almost an entire season and still getting voted to the pro bowl.

People just want reasons to bash the Skins. its like a neurosis or tick. they're so used us doing bad and having legitimate reasons to that they can't accept the good things when it happens.

something goes wrong its easy to put that comfortable shoe of bashing the team/coaches/owners on and go back to it. its harder to move on and find out the real reason why something happened.

The armchair psychoanalysis is amusing. "Sky rockets in the night......"

But......

Someone states value wasn't received. Ok. Disagree? State so and move on. Perhaps the bigger psychological dysfunction is on the part of those whose happy quotient can't contenance a difference of opinion. If things are getting better, and I agree they are (no where but up! Gruden and Allen are history), then why allow one's outlook to be disrupted by a contrarian pov? Rhetorical question. I believe, as a Sufi poet is credited with saying, "This too shall pass."

Trent is gone. He was a thorn in management's side. We have no immediate answer for LT other than a draftee and unheralded FAs. This is important more than anything else because of the QB investment. My feelings about value aside, I agree with pressing and seeing how the team's plan unfolds.

Last edited by a moderator:
you don't trade a pro bowl LT when your oline sucks already, for cap room.

This implies that the Redskins weakened the offensive line by getting rid of him. That's irrelevant. He wasn't going to play here. He held out all of last year rather than play here. He wasn't bluffing.

Therefore he had plenty of leverage. Trade me or get nothing but used cap space. Year after year.

He had to go. The Redskins probably would have gotten more than a 3rd and a 5th a year ago, or six months ago. Now, they are lucky to get a ham sandwich for him. The longer this went on, the closer to the season it got without having a LT and cap space to get one, as more and more teams fill their LT spots ... the less valuable he'd be. He needed to go. The Redskins got SOMETHING for him, which is better than nothing.

Lastly, I don't know why you are being so standoffish to Boone right now. The owner of this place has asked you to fix your posts ... something owners of messageboards have been doing since the dawn of time. Stop going off about how insulted and important you are and just fix them. And noone will ever speak of it again, I promise.

I’d say the lack of tolerance for different opinions is widespread, not confined to one view or the other, no matter what the topic :) Its where we are as a society. And forums and web communities are not immune to it, even the good ones. I think we would all (note the ‘we’ - which includes us all) benefit from treating this more as a bar or social gathering where it’s fine to disagree and it’s all in good fun and humor. Problem with social media is that without the face to face, all that personal charm we possess is sometimes lost and the nature of conversation becomes harsher by degree. It is fine to disagree. It’s why we are here. And we can all still be friends when the dust settles. Only reason I’m still engaged in this is that hope and belief.

Coach Rivera came out yesterday and said that they were offered a 1st before he got here, but "something changed with him not playing a down last year" and it was beyond his control.

he isn't to blame for this. if anything, he managed to salvage a horrible situation that was so wrapped up in the mediots and fans that to get what he did is a good thing.

Russell Wilson - 3rd round
Brian Westbrook - 3rd round
David Johnson - 3rd round
TY Hilton - 3rd round
Navarro Bowman - 3rd round
ALvin Kamara - 3rd round
Frank Gore 3
Jamaal Charles - 3
Jason Witten - 3
Steve Smith - 3

Tyreek Hill - 5
Josh Norman - 5
George Kettle - 5
Cam Chancellor - 5
Richard Sherman - 5
Kyle Williams - 5
Robert Mathis - 5

It is actually good for us to have a 3rd and 5th next year!

I agree with Henry’s belief that it’s more likely we’d have gotten less for TW the longer this went on. I know some believe we might’ve gotten a big haul for him if a starting LT went down, but I am not sure that’s the case. His value diminished every day this continued on. I don’t see that suddenly changing because someone had a sudden need?

The armchair psychoanalysis is amusing. "Sky rockets in the night......"

But......

Someone states value wasn't received. Ok. Disagree? State so and move on. Perhaps the bigger psychological dysfunction is on the part of those whose happy quotient can't contenance a difference of opinion. If things are getting better, and I agree they are (no where but up! Gruden and Allen are history), then why allow one's outlook to be disrupted by a contrarian pov? Rhetorical question. I believe, as a Sufi poet is credited with saying, "This too shall pass."

Trent is gone. He was a thorn in management's side. We have no immediate answer for LT other than a draftee and unheralded FAs. This is important more than anything else because of the QB investment. My feelings about value aside, I agree with pressing and seeing how the team's plan unfolds.

I don't think anyone is arguing that we didn't get proper value for Trent when it was offered last year. The problem is now crushing our front office because of that. We absolutely should have gotten a 1st for Trent if that was offered, but we didn't and I believe that was part of the reason that Allen finally got fired. Good franchises let front office people go when they make those kinds of moves. Am i saying were a well run franchise? Not yet, but that is a move consistent with others that make good moves.

If we as a fanbase had NO idea that we were offered a first last year, the narrative is likely very different. It feels like the venom being received has a lot to do with what we missed out on, not what we got. Had the reports never come out that we got offered a first, then what we got likely would not have been so criticized.

I think we would all (note the ‘we’ - which includes us all) benefit from treating this more as a bar or social gathering where it’s fine to disagree and it’s all in good fun and humor.
Well...to be fair, I've been in more fights inside, and outside a bar than any place else.

And I will say this, Ryman, I disagree with your assertion on fair compensation...it worked out how it did because of circumstance more than anything the new front office did, or didn't do.

And grammar aside, I appreciate what you offer to this site. You have a perspective few of us do...having played football at a semi-professional level. With that said, those characteristics do not make you any more or less valuable...just glad to have your voice as well as all the others on this site, especially getting to know you a little better on other forms of social media.

Even if you spell defenSe wrong! :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
Please capitalize the first word in all sentences. Or we will have no choice but to publicly Nazi your ass.

Love,
The Staff

I never said I was any more or less important than anyone, I said my posts tend to have a lot of engagement lol

I maintain that like any other negotiation, you maximise your position, by acting like we NEEDED to get a deal done, the niners took advantage of our perceived weakness.

i purposefully didnt capitalise or punctuate this sentence.

BTW I do think Boone is right about the polarisation of the world and the fact that some of us take offense when its probbaly not meant. I have been socially isolated for 45 days, left the apartment 5 times to get groceries. I do appreciate this forum, and the work that goes into it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.