• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

a 3rd next year and a 5th this year? are you joking?

Rymanofthenorth

BGObsessed
Reaction score
I live in the warmest city in the coldest provinc
Alma Mater
UTEP
for a probowl and all pro LT? we got screwed and frankly I blame the FO for this if thats all you are gonna get for his ass then sit him. there is no way you trade a probowl all pro LT for what amounts to garbage picks. I am pissed off reading this and no I do not believe this was the right move at all.

Look, yeah compensation seems soft....but F*** him, this was all about money, let another distraction gone, oh we could've got more, who cares, let them overpay for mister under 16 games

for a probowl and all pro LT? we got screwed and frankly I blame the FO for this if thats all you are gonna get for his ass then sit him. there is no way you trade a probowl all pro LT for what amounts to garbage picks. I am pissed off reading this and no I do not believe this was the right move at all.

With you all the way Ryman on this. The doper will be in the SB before the Skins but we'll all be singing in chorus "Oh yea? Well, we have a better culture!" It will send a message across the league: "Want to got to the SB? Do what it takes, but don't come to DC."

Last edited by a moderator:
No other way to go. As much as some want to think he was worth a fortune, nobody that counted, did.
His greatest value to this team was to be removed from it.

Well shiver me timbers! All depends on how you play the game. My point to start with.

But I'm glad you are down with replacing one doper with another! :dizzy2:

He was worth more the middle of last season when competing teams might have been desperate. Not now though. He has been out of football for a year, he's 31, and he hasn't played a full season since 2013. I'm fine with the 5th and 3rd. Addition by subtraction is a real thing.

Are you going to blame Mike Shanahan for the Haynesworth contract and performance issues?

No, because he was put in the position of inheriting a crap situation and could do no more than try and make the best of it.

Trent Williams’ value went out the door in terms of high compensation when Allen refused to move him at the trade deadline.

Other teams knew that the Redskins in 2020 were looking to move him and his public outcry and that of his agent all but guaranteed the return would be limited.

Look at the meager return of a #5 pick the Rams got from the Ravens for Marcus Peters, who had a whale of a season in Baltimore in 2020.

Teams knew the Rams were desperate for cap space and needed to move some players off the roster.

The lesson to be learned here is not to take things personally as Bruce Allen did and handle business professionally.

Belichick gets guys like Williams off the roster when the word ‘contract’ or ‘hold out’ starts to be leaked to the media.

When Trent held out he should have been traded last July and at the latest October.

As for Ron Rivera?

No doubt privately he thought Williams and Allen were a pair of douches whose issues he had to try and get out of the way so the team could move forward.

An extra third rounder next year is going to be very valuable.

Skins gain $12.5M in cap space with $2M in dead cap for a total of $10.5M gained. So much more to sign Brandon Scherff and roll over to 2021.

so... the alternative is to hold out another year and either force him to play or let him walk? What did you guys want? The value wasn't there... it hasn't been there since Allen botched it last year. We weren't getting a 1st. We would have been LUCKY to get a 2nd. A 5th this year and a 3rd next is about what i expected. Be thankful we got 2 picks for him. Minnesota's trade got lost somewhere and that was only after they softened and offered a 2nd LATE round pick. Rivera cant be held responsible for Allen's botch of this last year.

SanFran was able to capitalize on our misfortunes, the best we can do from here on out is not repeat the same mistakes.

Karma will catch up to Trent sooner or later for being such a lying douche.

Trent will be 32 over the summer and he is now working on a one year contract with SF.

If he gets hurt there is no safety net for him and he will never recoup the millions he lost holding out in 2019.

This is a win not for Williams as much as it is for SF.

They get a rental price on a player that hasn’t played a full season in five years.

Any crap and they cut him loose at the end of the year.

Rymanofthenorth, I would rarely say this, because I appreciate anyone who posts here and provides content. But you need to learn the difference between a 'post' and a 'thread' brother. There are 4 or 5 threads with Trent Williams discussions going already. There's absolutely no need to start a thread simply to convey 'I don't think we got enough in the trade for him'.

And if you do care enough about a topic to post a thread about it - take the 10 extra seconds it takes to capitalize letters appropriately - like EVERY other thread you have ever seen here.

It ain't rocket science bro.

If this seems petty - maybe it is - but I've also waited numerous years without mentioning it :)

Last edited:
And as to the thought here - it doesn't ****ing matter what I think Trent Williams was worth, what you think we should have gotten for him, or even what the Redskins think his value was.

It only mattered what the 31 other GMs in the National Football League thought.

You know what they thought? That he wasn't worth any more than a 3rd and a 5th.

We held on and held on and held on and the only thing that was accomplished was Trent continuing to diminish his own value. It was time to move on, we got what we could for him, and no one has any rational reason to bitch about how we got jobbed :)

So what return would have been acceptable?
Some still think he was worth a 1st round pick.

Market dictates value, it's plain and simple. With the glut of tackles slated to go early, we were a victim of circumstance more than anything.

Why sign a once great, but still probably very good LT with a lot of baggage, when you can have a 1st round rookie LT?

I Was all for keeping him around until the start of the season if necessary to wait it out and see who would end up desperate enough due to injury, or one of those rookies couldn't handle it.

But hearing TW sabotaged the trade offer the Vikings made after hearing what Tunsil was paid, I was pretty much done with him.

Now that he's gone? Yeah, f**k him!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.