• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

2022 Free Agency Tracker

Allen Robinson isn't 24/25 years old and entering the prime of his career either.

Anything over $20 million is overpaying. Kirk’s deal is insane for what he’s done so far. I get that to an extent it ‘sets the market’ but other WR’s who’ve done more (like Allen Robinson) aren’t getting insane money. The problem is, we don’t have much else to attract a guy other than overpaying so we may have to bite our lip and pay what it takes. The other reason I wanted them to go after JuJu is insurance if it turns out McLaurin is the same as other ‘stars’ we’ve had previously who talked a good game but ultimately got out of DC as soon as they could. Not saying McLaurin is one of those but he is such a consummate pro that I suspect we’d never know it if he were unhappy. Hopefully, as Rivera mentioned yesterday, having a QB who can maximize his production and opportunities makes staying in DC more attractive, but remains to be seen…

He'll never see that money.. He'll probably end up getting closer to 60% of that.

The $20M+ is bragging rights for the agent, but almost none of the contracts that are advertised are actually attained. I imagine the ACTUAL money Terry gets is closer to the Robinson deal, but it's going to be advertised much more than that.

4 years, $85Mil - MAX VALUE.

$24Mil signing bonus spread across the 4 years ($6mil per)
$1Mil Salary in 2023 (teamed with the signing bonus means $25Mil paid in 2023)
$14.5Mil salary in 2024
$16.5Mil salary in 2025
$10.5Mil salary in 2026

$500K per year roster bonus ($4Mil)
$500K per year workout bonus ($4Mil)

$10.5M in other incentives like pro bowl / all pro / whatever you want to put in there.

New money doesn't hit til 2023 anyway, it's not a free agent signing, it's an extension at this point. Actual AAV is closer to $15Mil with a big time up front signing bonus.

Allen Robinson isn't 24/25 years old and entering the prime of his career either.

True - but he’s far more accomplished and well
known as a star than McLaurin is.

He'll never see that money.. He'll probably end up getting closer to 60% of that.

The $20M+ is bragging rights for the agent, but almost none of the contracts that are advertised are actually attained. I imagine the ACTUAL money Terry gets is closer to the Robinson deal, but it's going to be advertised much more than that.

4 years, $85Mil - MAX VALUE.

$24Mil signing bonus spread across the 4 years ($6mil per)
$1Mil Salary in 2023 (teamed with the signing bonus means $25Mil paid in 2023)
$14.5Mil salary in 2024
$16.5Mil salary in 2025
$10.5Mil salary in 2026

$500K per year roster bonus ($4Mil)
$500K per year workout bonus ($4Mil)

$10.5M in other incentives like pro bowl / all pro / whatever you want to put in there.

New money doesn't hit til 2023 anyway, it's not a free agent signing, it's an extension at this point. Actual AAV is closer to $15Mil with a big time up front signing bonus.

I hope you are right but the problem is some team may be willing to throw the bank at him.
We haven’t even mentioned that a WR just became the highest paid non-QB on NFL history yesterday :)

True - but he’s far more accomplished and well
known as a star than McLaurin is.

Looks pretty even to me, brother. Especially considering the QB situation here for the last 2 years.

Robinson-McLaurin comp.PNG

I hope you are right but the problem is some team may be willing to throw the bank at him.
We haven’t even mentioned that a WR just became the highest paid non-QB on NFL history yesterday :)

well the good news is we've got a year of cracks at him (and I think we don't hear anything til at least July because that's when this team likes to sign extension... see Charles Leno and Jon Allen). He can't shop for a year, so if we make a fair deal I think he signs.... we just can't play the low ball game to try and pinch pennies. Send a message to him and make a correct deal.

All of this is assuming he even considers staying here. I'm sorry to put it that way, and I've seen nothing to lead me to believe otherwise, but it takes two to tango. If Terry doesn't want to be here, there may not be a deal that he signs.

Hey Bob - you don’t have to convince me - but reputation and things like Pro Bowls (and even where guys were drafted initially) matter in contract negotiations.

The problem is, he is probably (on a team with a real QB) a top 5 WR and recognized as such. He knows this as does his agent and they may want top 5 WR money. But in reality he is probably considered a top 10-15 WR, and may get an offer that reflects that.

I would pay him whatever it takes, and I wouldn’t say that about any other player on this roster, because I think he’s that critical of a player. But we may be shocked at what it takes to resign him.

Has anyone seen the numbers on Norwell yet? I haven't seen anything .

I'd wager Terry's agent is saying hold off and wait until after the season since I'd expect his stats are going to look much better. Terry's been a great player no doubt but we also don't know if he wants to be here.

That’s another move in the win column to me.

This was my point last night asking what is realistic for McLaurin. He is in the same group as most of those guys in that tweet. Obviously not Adams, but he will be on par with the rest. If it's $20 million now, some of those guys are going to get 25 or more which will up the price for Terry. It is getting out of control.

Ioannidis contract... Very similar to what we were going to be paying him

Gilbert leaves for the Raiders.

So does that leave us with 2 QBs signed?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
We are all excited to experience the announcement of draft selections IN REAL TIME TOGETHER. If you feel the need to be the first to 'blurt out' the team's picks you are better off staying out of chat and sticking to Twitter. Please refrain from announcing/discussing our picks until the official announcement has been made at the podium. Thanks!

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.