• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

2021 Draft Thread - Officially pick 19th - 1st post updated with picks

SilentThreat

Ring of Fame
Staff member
BGO Ownership Group
Reaction score
Edit: 3/19 - Official Picks

Welcome the 2021 draft class

Last edited:
IF we find ourselves picking top 3, I pray Haskins shows enough and we take Penei Sewell out of Oregon. Dude is a stud. I've seen MULTIPLE people saying he's got more talent than Trent had coming out. Could be our guy for the next decade.

With recent statements from Ron I’d be shocked if they didn’t take the best wr available. Unless there’s a te that just cannot be passed on

With recent statements from Ron I’d be shocked if they didn’t take the best wr available. Unless there’s a te that just cannot be passed on

Ja'marr Chase is someone we likely look at in the first. I still think we go Oline but it all depends on who and where we pick.

I think any WR or OL would be welcome in the first round. Outside of Scherff, who may or may not be on the Team next year, there isn’t a single position on the line that doesn’t need upgrading. I think it’s going to depend on where the Team finishes next year and how the draft shakes out. But I would peg those two positions as the ones needed to upgrade the most.

The proof is in the pudding as to what can happen when you address the lines (D) properly. My armchair GM’ing would emphasize o-line that hard and let the chips fall where they may. Not that I’d expect this team to embrace common sense right away or anything.

Besides QB there’s no other unit that plays full time without substitutions, & they’re also charged with protecting the most important element of the team. Getting the best 5 possible should be the next priority imho

The proof is in the pudding as to what can happen when you address the lines (D) properly. My armchair GM’ing would emphasize o-line that hard and let the chips fall where they may. Not that I’d expect this team to embrace common sense right away or anything.

Besides QB there’s no other unit that plays full time without substitutions, & they’re also charged with protecting the most important element of the team. Getting the best 5 possible should be the next priority imho

I agree, but I don't want to take an O-lineman simply for the fact of taking one. We could find ourselves picking as early as top 5, or as late as 12-15 if things break right. I also wouldn't completely discount the notion of development. 15 games from now we could be feeling completely different about our O-line. Moses already looks like he's playing with a different mentality, but it's just 1 game. Nobody along the line this week against Fletcher Cox and a top 8 front 7 appeared to be a flat out liability. 1 bad sack where Haskins basically had no time to do anything, and Scherff was actually the blocker that got beat.

If we're picking and there is the 'right' guy available, I'm down... but I also don't want to reach.

Interesting situation developing

Players opted out / hired agents because they were told there would not be a fall football season... now there is a fall football season and they're TECHNICALLY in violation of NCAA rules if they've hired representation.

Be nice if the league held a supplemental draft based on 2020’s draft order. If the NCAAF declines reinstatement for those kids that is. Probably would require Goodell’s dumbass to not screw it up but that’s extremely unlikely

Be nice if the league held a supplemental draft based on 2020’s draft order. If the NCAAF declines reinstatement for those kids that is. Probably would require Goodell’s dumbass to not screw it up but that’s extremely unlikely

Well these players were not planning on getting drafted til Spring 2021. Many opting out with the idea that a fall season would not happen, or it would be moved to spring. Ultimately I don't think a supplemental draft changes anything because these players were not expecting anything other the spring draft. This is up to the NCAA to waive violations and allow them to remain eligible to play in the fall. They thought their college careers were over so they started planning for the next step.

Interesting little nugget here regarding draft strategy...

this is all on the heels of Claypool blowing up yesterday.

A couple small school tackles to keep our eyes on...

Matt Miller also views them as 1st round talent

Interesting little nugget here regarding draft strategy...

this is all on the heels of Claypool blowing up yesterday.

It also helps that they have Big Ben, an actual quarterback, to throw them the ball. If you have a legit field general he'll make the receivers look good if they have any talent, whatsoever.

Say no to a $15M plus extension for Scherff.

29 years old playing 8-9 games a year doesn’t do it for me.

But let’s face it. Unless the plan is to sign Cam Newton and get the band back together Washington will be looking to draft a quarterback.

And knowing how our luck turns out we will end up picking at #5 or #6 and Lawrence and Fields will be gone.

Noah Taylor is someone worth watching

Noah Taylor, LB
First things first, Taylor, a rising junior, would have to declare for the NFL Draft early to be picked next season. That would depend on the level of production for the linebacker this upcoming season.
If Taylor does declare for the draft, he’ll be an enticing prospect. Much like Snowden, Taylor possesses good size and length. He’s listed at 6-5 and weighs 215 pounds. There’s plenty of room on Taylor’s frame for him to add a few pounds and become a more imposing presence.

While he’s a little leaner than some linebackers, Taylor is arguably the most explosive and speedy linebacker on UVa’s roster. He used his athleticism to produce at a high level as a sophomore, finishing the season with 57 tackles, 13.5 tackles for loss, seven sacks and two interceptions. The two interceptions came in UVa’s win over Virginia Tech.

If Taylor plays in 2020 like he did a season ago, he’ll have a decision to make when it comes to turning pro or staying at UVa.

I like his skillset and size to be able to play into coverage. With our ability to hopefully rush the passer continuing to develop, having a versatile guy at OLB whos big enough, as well as fast enough, to hang with TEs and RBs.... this could be an important part of our defense.

too bad Graham Mertz is a freshman. He passes the eyeball test already.

Yeah I gotta admit when I watch Micah Parsons I think, what if we??

You're not the only one. I've seen him mocked as high as no. 2 overall to us. The sentiment is that Lawrence is gone and it causes Rivera and Smith to ask themselves what wins more games next year... Micah Parsons at ILB or Justin Fields / Trey Lance at QB. It's an interesting conversation to have. The other name I've heard / come up with myself is Penei Sewell. He's your starting tackle for the next 10 years.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.