• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

2021 Draft Thread - Officially pick 19th - 1st post updated with picks

My belief is if we don't go after a quarterback the top need on this team is at linebacker.

Cole Holcomb has physical upside but outside of him we have a collection of castoffs and late round picks that look to be borderline NFLers.

KPL has been mostly a career special teamer. The coaches don't seem to have much faith in Shaun Dion Hamilton, who only played when everyone else got hurt.

So, I think a complete reset is needed here. A playmaking linebacker at #19 and a free agent or two on the inside would help this defense go to the next level.

I’ve seen several mocks with us taking Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah the rover linebacker from Notre Dame. He is a great prospect. Only 6’1” and about 220 and the mocks have him as a middle linebacker. Since Parsons will be long gone, I’m hoping a few other guys will impress the staff enough.

I have to agree that I would go Darrisaw / Leatherwood at OT or Chase / Waddle / Smith at WR before I go LB.... but if all 5 of those guys are gone, it would be intriguing to see what this defense could do with a STUD MLB. Shift Holcomb back to OLB where he's a bit better suited...

if Devonta Smith is available at 19...

1 - I would be completely SHOCKED!
2 - I would probably cry from pure excitement
3 - I would want to see Terry's face when we picked him.

Man!! That combo could be absolutely deadly!

yeah it's all gonna depend on the QBs.

I could see a scenario where 3 go in the top 15, or i could see a scenario where 6 are off the board by the time we pick. If 6 QBs go before we pick its going to push a lot of talent down the board. I don't think it's 'likely' but there is a path.

I can’t see Smith falling to 19. In fact, I hope he goes in the top 5. Because I don’t want him going to Philly or NY and have to face him twice a year. The guy is a stud and I want one the AFC teams at the top to take him. Not that the Eagles can’t still get a stud at the 6th pick, but watching Smith dominate the way he did, the guy looks to be an amazing prospect at WR.

Fields barely stepped into this throw.... Same with Lance

I have wondered with all of the QBs, WRs, OL, and even LBs projected to go early in this draft if someone like Pitts might fall to us. A guy can dream can't he?

I have wondered with all of the QBs, WRs, OL, and even LBs projected to go early in this draft if someone like Pitts might fall to us. A guy can dream can't he?

I think he gets taken near the top 10 and I think he gets overdrafted..

He's an elite receiving talent, but I have serious concerns about his blocking. I'm sure he can get better at it, and he may ultimately become a Kelce type (not same player but similar type), but I dont know. I don't think he can be a 3 down TE. I feel like he's a big slot receiver and if that's what you are looking for with him, then he' may be worth it. I don't know that I want to spend 19 on a WR that's listed as a TE, and instead would prefer to take an actual WR...

Almost any TE prospect going in the top 10 would arguably be 'overdrafted' - since even the greatest of TEs aren't necessarily every down players (that depends more on versatility, ability to block and catch at a hight level). He's not a bad blocker from what I've seen, but yeah, he's not dominant. How many top TEs are dominant blockers?

The fact that some teams are talking about moving him to WR is a testament to just how good he is... I'm not arguing he should be moved to WR. Why do that when he be a dominant force in the middle as a TE?

I don't know man... the film on him is pretty impressive. Some scouts are calling him a 'generational talent at TE'.

I agree, it's unlikely he falls to us, but if he did, I think we'd be crazy not to take him.

Almost any TE prospect going in the top 10 would arguably be 'overdrafted' - since even the greatest of TEs aren't necessarily every down players (that depends more on versatility, ability to block and catch at a hight level). He's not a bad blocker from what I've seen, but yeah, he's not dominant. How many top TEs are dominant blockers?

The fact that some teams are talking about moving him to WR is a testament to just how good he is... I'm not arguing he should be moved to WR. Why do that when he be a dominant force in the middle as a TE?

I don't know man... the film on him is pretty impressive. Some scouts are calling him a 'generational talent at TE'.

I agree, it's unlikely he falls to us, but if he did, I think we'd be crazy not to take him.

I will admit I am a little Jordan Reed gunshy... so that likely plays a role in my thought process.

I also have been as vocal as can be that a weapon is a weapon is a weapon is a weapon and position titles are for stat tracking and don't actually matter. The more weapons you can line up with favorable matchups, the better... so YES I agree the idea of having a guy like that on offense that can lineup against most LBs and win is exciting... I also will admit that I have no confidence he's there so I've likely written him off in my own mind and moved on? He has the talent to be a nightmare as a pass catcher where ever he goes...

It's a valid concern - and he has been described as Reed - like although perhaps a more aggressive and physical guy than Reed ever was. I don't think he'll be there, and they may scoff at the idea of taking a TE there when they have other more pressing needs. A lot depends on whether we bring in a big name QB prior to the draft. But yeah, the Reed-comparisons do bring a negative connotation ..lol

To me with Terry McLaurin already on the team Washington would be best advised to go after a veteran wide receiver in free agency to be the #2.

Drafting wide receivers is almost as big a crapshoot as quarterbacks.

And what we need on offense with so many other younger players at the skill positions is a VETERAN who has been there and done that to be a leader on the field.

This is especially important if Smith departs in re veteran leadership.

Daniel Jeremiah's latest mock

Daniel Jeremiah Mock 2.0.png

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
We are all excited to experience the announcement of draft selections IN REAL TIME TOGETHER. If you feel the need to be the first to 'blurt out' the team's picks you are better off staying out of chat and sticking to Twitter. Please refrain from announcing/discussing our picks until the official announcement has been made at the podium. Thanks!

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.