• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Random Commanders Thoughts

Intriguing ... in the sense that IF his services were available in a cap-friendly manner to replace, say, Andre Roberts, as the 4th WR ... that kind of veteran leadership and toughness is hard to consider as a bad thing. Hard to see that play out that way though. Boldin doesn't strike me as the type to settle for just being a guy yet.

Maybe the Nutrisystem is working!

I hope he's taken conditioning seriously, when he is on the field, he can be destructive. He can be real good.

Yeah what kind of arrogant asshole wants to go to a team that gives him a chance to start? I mean the nerve of that guy!

Robert Griffin III.

If he had the humility to even take a serious look at his situation, he would have had his agent run hat in hand to Kansas City to talk to Andy Reid and the Chiefs about backing up Alex Smith for a couple/few years. He cannot play QB in this league the way he did his rookie year, any longer. It will not work as a full time scheme, mixed in...sure, but if Robert cannot see he needs time on the bench to develop...his arrogance is getting in the way...again. Reid turned McNabb into a good QB schemed properly, I am convinced that is the only formula for success for the young wanna be pocket passer. Going to Cleveland to have the opportunity to start looks a lot like the start of the past 2 seasons here in Washington.

I apologize if it came across that way. It wasn't really directed at you. I went off on a bit of a tangent, as a result of the great number of fans who hold that extreme view.

No worries bro, I don't disagree with you. I know there are folks out there that want nothing more then for Robert to be starting and kicking our ass come the regular season.

I don't wish him to fail, I just know he will. And he's so arrogant, he went to the one place that will ensure his demise because it's a chance to start immediately.

Oh pot the arrogant kettle is calling.... :)

Oh pot the arrogant kettle is calling.... :)

I know my failings, took some time...but I know them and when to face them...learn from them. Sometimes it puts people off...meh, I don't care how most people feel much anymore. Can't you tell? ;)

Robert? He's still young. If he gets it before his physical abilities are diminished to a point that he is no longer superior athletically than others, he might have some success. I doubt it.

Last edited:
And to add to that, I guess it's official now that Pot Roast is coming in for a visit tomorrow (Wednesday).

Report: Redskins to meet with Terrance Knighton | theScore.com

Update:

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Two things I was told: if the Redskins like what they see from Knighton, they'd likely re-sign. Not expecting anything with Boldin as of now</p>— John Keim (@john_keim) <a href="https://twitter.com/john_keim/status/714934954031980545">March 29, 2016</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

I don't know about another serving of Pot Roast.

At some point we have to stop putting a bandaid on the DT and S positions on the defense and make a real investment in picks or free agent dollars.

What I don't want to see is us drafting a WR at #21 and a linebacker at #53 for example and looking to get bodies for DL and backfield in rounds 4 and 5.

We have been looking for a safety since 2007 and there's always a reason not to pull the trigger.

Free agent X is too expensive or Safety Y in the draft that we really believe is going to be a stud got taken 2 or 3 picks ahead.

We are paying Garcon $10M for 2016.

He wouldn't be a #1 receiver on a broad number of teams.

Riley is set to make $5M and may not be a starter heading into camp.

Seems we can overspend for some guys just not an anchor DT or S.

Last edited:
This rebuild is being done in a very deliberate and passive manner. It's also going to take a very long time.

who is doing it in a year or two and sustaining long term success? I want to see it built to last.

Yes, while other franchises do it in a year or two.

This isn't the NFL of the 80's or 90's.

Well, as the GM, Scott McGloughan won the Division in his first year. What else do you want? A Super Bowl in 2...tell me a single team that's done that from such depths as the Redskins.

Some of us fans don't have that kind of time, and would like to see a playoff win before we pass from this life, on to the next.

what good will it do to win a playoff game when you'd just drop dead from excitement.

i keed I keed lol

Bring back pot roast or Chuck or whatever his name is
draft treadwell at 21 or if right trade is their trade down
pick DE in Second
then in 3rd or 4rth pick DT that can spell pot steak for a few series at a time

Then bring in Pork Loin for DE, Lamb Croquet for DB and Ribeye for ILB and we're all set!!!

Nick

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Help Users
We are all excited to experience the announcement of draft selections IN REAL TIME TOGETHER. If you feel the need to be the first to 'blurt out' the team's picks you are better off staying out of chat and sticking to Twitter. Please refrain from announcing/discussing our picks until the official announcement has been made at the podium. Thanks!

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.