• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Random Commanders Thoughts

Keep going... Next year when he is gone, I'll look back and smile at these posts. He shies away from contact because he was hurt in 2010 (and I guess his drops were due to that injury too), his 2012 stats weren't due to Garcon being out for over 2 months and his stats alone make my opinion of him invalid. His lack of fight for the ball is my imagination and you guys are right... We'll eventually look back at Hankerson as a player who mattered.

The Rambo point is pretty spot on though.

Hankerson wasn't even here in 2010

Keep going... Next year when he is gone, I'll look back and smile at these posts. He shies away from contact because he was hurt in 2010 (and I guess his drops were due to that injury too), his 2012 stats weren't due to Garcon being out for over 2 months and his stats alone make my opinion of him invalid. His lack of fight for the ball is my imagination and you guys are right... We'll eventually look back at Hankerson as a player who mattered.

The Rambo point is pretty spot on though.

Just stop...you were wrong to compare Hankerson to Jacobs, they are not comparable players no matter how much you want to spin it. Whether or not he lives up to expectations is irrelevant, you're comparing him to a guy who was so awful, his 6-year career totals weren't even equal to one "mediocre" season from Hank that he only had "because Garçon was injured."

I don't know what to expect from Hankerson, but what I do know is that this is his third year in the pros, which is typically the year most receivers show their true stripes. Whatever happens this year, that will be a fairly good indicator of what we'll be able to expect from Hank. Personally, I like to think we'll see more of the 9 catches for 106 yards type games he had against a decent secondary in Miami, but that's just me. None of that changes the fact that comparing him to Jacobs is ridiculous. Try this website: JadedRedskinsFansNeedToGetOverIt.com ;)

Jamie it's becoming increasingly evident that you like to tell people how they should feel about many a topic. My opinion is that 5 years from now this dude will resemble Taylor Jacobs as far as historic Redskins go. As far as jaded well just #EAD

Funny how all the hank fan boys point to his game before he got hurt... You know his first game in Miami since he was in college. Hmmm.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

Keep going... Next year when he is gone, I'll look back and smile at these posts.

I don't mind differing opinions. It's kind of the point of a message board, but why one Earth would you smile at a Redskin failing? Wouldn't you rather be surprised and proven wrong. Wouldn't it make you happier if the kid lit it up or at least exceeded your low expectations?

It's one thing to be critical. Another to root against.

He didnt say he would smile at his failing..he would smile at the posts.
Posted via BGO Mobile Device

Perhaps, that's an important distinction, but for him to smile at these posts it would indicate that Hankerson failed, right? Because if Hankerson does well... if he even turns out serviceable, than these posts wouldn't make him smile or smirk... not to mention he'd probably stick for at least another year.

There are guys on our team that I think ought to be replaced and guys that I think are below average... take our right tackle, but I would love for him to excel and have my criticism to look stupid. I'd hardly smile to be proven right because it means the team overall suffers.

I'm probably overanalyzing here, but that turn of phrase bugs me a little each time I see it.

I don't mind differing opinions. It's kind of the point of a message board, but why one Earth would you smile at a Redskin failing? Wouldn't you rather be surprised and proven wrong. Wouldn't it make you happier if the kid lit it up or at least exceeded your low expectations?

It's one thing to be critical. Another to root against.

I see where your'e coming from. Don't mean to come across as ANTI-Redskins, and I'm not. Don't like the fact that I can't voice a simple opinion of a guy without being jumped on though - frustrating.

I'm not rooting against anyone on our team period. Clearly I'm not going to ignore glaring deficiencies and my own gut feelings about someone to toe the company line and carry on about their "potential." I happen to think the magical 3rd year is BS and that everyone uses as an excuse for guys who just don't have it. Is Hank one of those guys? Sadly I think so... Do others think I'm wrong? Obviously

Hankerson wasn't even here in 2010

That's why I put strike through on the message before you even read it. You guys are on fire today. Admitted my mistake before I even typed submit. Thanks for the clarification though. :ciao:

Man the guy that brought up Hankerson should just stick to other topics from now on.

:paranoid:

On another note, Is this the year London shows he's human or does he beast out for another 130+ tackle, 5 int year?

On the potential versus production argument I hear you. It's why I was down on Laron Landry. It's why I'm a bit down with Fred Davis. The Redskins ESP through the Vinny years were so talented on paper and hapless on the field.

So, I feel your cynicism. Still, there is a proving window and for me at least Hankerson has a bit more time before we decide he's a Michael Westbrook or Taylor Jacobs (ie a talented bum)

Last edited:
Eh. I just think comparing Hankerson to one of biggests Redskin WR busts in recent memory is inaccurate. That doesnt make me a Hank guy.

He had an ok year where he looked good at times and showed bad hands at others. Calling him the next Taylor Jacobs based on this is the same as calling him the next Terrell Owens based on his 'potential'. Dude was in the middle somewhere. It doesn't have to be one or the other.

Eh. I just think comparing Hankerson to one of biggests Redskin WR busts in recent memory is inaccurate. That doesnt make me a Hank guy.

He had an ok year where he looked good at times and showed bad hands at others. Calling him the next Taylor Jacobs based on this is the same as calling him the next Terrell Owens based on his 'potential'. Dude was in the middle somewhere. It doesn't have to be one or the other.

Redskins Receiver busts in the last 20 years...Westbrook, Desmond Howard, Rod Gardner(arguable #1 pick), Devin Thomas, Malcomb Kelly, Tydus Winans, Cliff Russell...

How dare I confuse who occupies which spot in this ****ing menagerie of winners.

Me as well. Sorry, Kevin, if you think I'm telling you how to "feel" about Hank - I'm doing no such thing. I'm telling you your statement is factually inaccurate.

I do happen to be a Hank guy, have been a Hank guy from day one. I think his numbers are in-line for a 2nd-year receiver, and I believe they will improve in year three.

Yes! Very well said. Kevin, you're doing the same thing as the "fanboys" are, only in the opposite direction. Comparing him to maybe the worst Redskin WR draft pick in the past two decades, when he just caught 40 balls for 500+ yards is a little bit crazy, IMO - a little LESS crazy than thinking he might break out next season, considering he's actually done something on the field.

Now if he comes to camp and beats the **** out of Evan Royster in a fight, then mabe you can compare him to Mike Westbrook? At least Westy had a 1000-yard season. :)

Redskins Receiver busts in the last 20 years...Westbrook, Desmond Howard, Rod Gardner(arguable #1 pick), Devin Thomas, Malcomb Kelly, Tydus Winans, Cliff Russell...

How dare I confuse who occupies which spot in this ****ing menagerie of winners.

You can make a list of every NFL team's WR draft busts. Does that mean anyone they draft is immediately a bust if they're not Andre Johnson in their 2nd-year? Patience...

I'm telling you your statement is factually inaccurate.

You're telling me I'm wrong about a frigging opinion about how I feel this will all end up. Apples and stupid ****ing wanna be right all the time Oranges.

Factually, I don't give a rat's ass where you put Taylor Jacobs in your hierarchy of redskin receiver busts with your stats. They're all the same to me... They had talent, they came with expectations (except Cliff friggin Russell) and they didn't pan out. This is where I feel Hankerson will end up.... on this junk pile. At the end of the day I have the gut feeling that he just doesn't have it. You disagree, we get it.

Are we finished or do you want to tell me how I am wrong some more?

Actually the guy on that list Hank looks the most like to me is Rod Gardner. He needs to work on his '50/50' hands if he wants to improve. But thats neither here nor there.

You seem be under the impression that Hankersen was drafted by the same front office that picked those guys ... that's he's the continuation of some pattern or something. Don't worry. There are different people making draft picks now.

That entire list is irrelevant.

Actually the guy on that list Hank looks the most like to me is Rod Gardner. He needs to work on his '50/50' hands if he wants to improve. But thats neither here nor there.

You seem be under the impression that Hankersen was drafted by the same front office that picked those guys ... that's he's the continuation of some pattern or something. Don't worry. There are different people making draft picks now.

That entire list is irrelevant.

I can see where he would remind you of Gardner being that the majority of Redskin fans treat him like he was the 15th pick in the first round. Gardner was 219, Hankerson is 205, your comparison is irrelevant.

Remember when Hank was on that bomb route against dallas (i think) and almost dropped the ball but didnt and got a td?

I know he CAN be good..but every time he has the ball trown to him I wonder if hes going to hold on.

It was Cleveland. Yeah, that's exactly what I was thinking about when I said he needs to work on his hands. I agree with you completely.

DM, nobody is treating him like a first round pick, though you talk about him being a bust because he's not playing like one ...

It was Cleveland. Yeah, that's exactly what I was thinking about when I said he needs to work on his hands. I agree with you completely.

DM, nobody is treating him like a first round pick, though you talk about him being a bust because he's not playing like one ...

Oh just because nobody in this thread is treating him like a 1st rounder doesn't mean that he's not being held up there high by a large portion of the fanbase. I'm not treating him like a bust. I'm saying that I don't feel he's gonna work out. That he'll eventually bust. You and Jaimie should go out, that would fun to see who was right?

Mike that was a good save on the catch that he bobbled... remember the drop on the third yard line against the Steelers.... that sucked. In his defense, Moss came back last year with a vengeance. Moss is a great redskin.

Lets also be real here, too. Hes not able to beat out a smaller and older Moss for a spot.

That doesnt mean bust, but he's definitely not living up to any big standards either.

Santana Moss, who missed almost his entire rookie year with an injury and only had 30 catches for 400 yards his second year?

Sorry. Couldnt help myself. :)

That is actually a good point.

Santana Moss, who missed almost his entire rookie year with an injury and only had 30 catches for 400 yards his second year?

Sorry. Couldnt help myself. :)

That is actually a good point.

We didn't draft him, you're point is both inaccurate and invalid. :thumbsup:

Desmond Howard won a friggin superbowl... what's THAT mean?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 7, Members: 2, Guests: 5)

Help Users
We are all excited to experience the announcement of draft selections IN REAL TIME TOGETHER. If you feel the need to be the first to 'blurt out' the team's picks you are better off staying out of chat and sticking to Twitter. Please refrain from announcing/discussing our picks until the official announcement has been made at the podium. Thanks!

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.