• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Random Commanders Thoughts

The look on Snyder's face during the Giants game was telling. He looked fed up and pissed.

After the last 4 years, I think he just might have a right to be fed up this time. He has been too quick to jerk guys in the past (Schottenhiemer) and he has been too slow in the past (Spurrier), but I think a last place divisional finish 4 years in w/ almost no injuries during the current season might just make this one about the right timing. If he extends Shanahan and team, allowing them to use our available cap space next to bring their guys, he totally risks setting this team back even further and now that we have a franchise QB we are on the clock for Championships.

After the last 4 years, I think he just might have a right to be fed up this time. He has been too quick to jerk guys in the past (Schottenhiemer) and he has been too slow in the past (Spurrier), but I think a last place divisional finish 4 years in w/ almost no injuries during the current season might just make this one about the right timing. If he extends Shanahan and team, allowing them to use our available cap space next to bring their guys, he totally risks setting this team back even further and now that we have a franchise QB we are on the clock for Championships.

6-10
5-11
10-6
looking at 3-13 (that's not a joke either. that's a real, honest, likely scenario at this point)

as much as I hate the idea of snyder not giving shanahan 5 years, i agree. it's ahrd to justify giving him any more. it's especially hard to justify letting him spend all our new cap money... that's going to be a big deal.

i just don't know if he can afford it. i also don't know who you bring in to replace him. who makes the decision, allen or snyder? who's going to be the lead player wise GM Allen, a new GM, or whatever coach you bring in?

if snyder makes any changes the only ones I'd be happy with would be establishing a long term GM (and hey, maybe that's Allen), and a coach that's a coach and nothing more.

this allmighty-coach-and-GM-because-I-won-a-super-bowl bullshit is not acceptable to me.

i think we're going to learn a lot about the future of this organization over the offseason... lots of telling decisions are going to be made.

This team will be pressed to win another game in 2014.

Trent Williams is in a walking boot and Jordan Reed can 't seem to shake the concussion symptoms.

Those are two of the most important players on offense.

Maurice Hurt must really be out of shape to be put on IR at a time when we may be thin at tackle.

Nick Williams is that important to the team to keep on the active roster?

Seems like a fringe NFLer to me.

I haven 't had season tickets in three or four years but I had two people in the office that weren't going to the NY game and offered me the tickets for free.

The enthusiasm has been wrung out of this fan base.

I think we win 2 more games, Dallas at home(chance to spoil their season) and in Atlanta

In the meantime I'll be killing liver and brain cells to ease the pain

I think we win 2 more games, Dallas at home(chance to spoil their season) and in Atlanta

Can't see any way we beat Dallas.
We couldn't even compete with them, when their D-line was full of guys who just walked off the street

And the "spoiler factor" won't be enough to motivate the Skins.
This team has had practically every major "motivating trigger" possibly available among many of our losses, and it still didn't make a bit of difference on the field.

Last edited:
Good God. Even the certified homers are on suicide watch. We can always beat Dallas. It doesn't matter how bad you think we are, or how good their fans think they are.

I'm going to delete the link to Redskins gear, and put up one for anti-depressants. That ought to generate some contributions.

Adam Shefter on ESPN 980 just now
"change is coming to Washington this off season. Again."

I wonder if this means all of them are gone, or just the DC.

I pray that it's each and every single member of the coaching staff.

And the entire scouting department. All of them.

Last edited:
I haven't seen a win on the schedule since week 3. Yet we squeeze a few out. Any way you slice it, this season is on the coaches. Snyder is seasoned now, not a knee jerk reactionary. You know he'll call Gibbs. Not to come back but for his advice. What is really telling is Griffin's comments. All along he say coach this coach that, I just do what coach says. A psychologist would probably tell you that that kind of third person talk has underlying meaning. He really is saying, I'm not on board but I'm toting the party line. Been that way from the beginning. Griffin is smart, he knows all about political correctness, what to say, what not to say. He's the smartest guy in the organization.

What is really telling is Griffin's comments. All along he say coach this coach that, I just do what coach says. A psychologist would probably tell you that that kind of third person talk has underlying meaning. He really is saying, I'm not on board but I'm toting the party line. Been that way from the beginning. Griffin is smart, he knows all about political correctness, what to say, what not to say. He's the smartest guy in the organization.

I don't agree with this at all. I love Griffin. But he has created more controversy with poorly thought out or careless comments than any QB in recent memory. I also think you can read into his comments whatever you are looking to read into them. I read his comments today, and what I heard was that he understands that this is just one season and that the coaching staff and players alike are doing everything they can to stick together and turn it around. I don't hear him backstabbing or blaming coaches.

I haven't seen a win on the schedule since week 3. Yet we squeeze a few out. Any way you slice it, this season is on the coaches. Snyder is seasoned now, not a knee jerk reactionary. You know he'll call Gibbs. Not to come back but for his advice. What is really telling is Griffin's comments. All along he say coach this coach that, I just do what coach says. A psychologist would probably tell you that that kind of third person talk has underlying meaning. He really is saying, I'm not on board but I'm toting the party line. Been that way from the beginning. Griffin is smart, he knows all about political correctness, what to say, what not to say. He's the smartest guy in the organization.

Im with boone here... Griff isnt the smartest guy in the organization, nor is it fair to expect him to be. He is young and still getting his sea legs.

Sent from my GT-P3113 using Tapatalk

Granted. No high profile players is going to say that, backstab and all. But his comments are totally politically correct. You decide for yourself on the meaning of the content. He just wants to win, I get that, but I haven't seen much in the way of audibles at line of scrimmage. He tows the company line imho. Runs the plays that's called. I think he's better than that, but not a proficient pocket passer. When you have to do something that you've never done before at length, you say "yes sir" "no sir", that's Robert's upbringing in the military. He has that mentality and respect. But he doesn't have to like. He can excel when he is in control, but like a fish out of water when asked to just run plays. I'm exaggerating somewhat, but I liken it to Butch Cassidy and Sundance Kid, when Sundance couldn't hit the can while aiming but could shoot it everytime when he "moves". That's Robert. He's better in "his" game, than Kyles' game. That's my .02 intuition.

What is really telling is Griffin's comments. All along he say coach this coach that, I just do what coach says. A psychologist would probably tell you that that kind of third person talk has underlying meaning. He really is saying, I'm not on board but I'm toting the party line. Been that way from the beginning. Griffin is smart, he knows all about political correctness, what to say, what not to say. He's the smartest guy in the organization.

I don't agree with this at all. I love Griffin. But he has created more controversy with poorly thought out or careless comments than any QB in recent memory. I also think you can read into his comments whatever you are looking to read into them. I read his comments today, and what I heard was that he understands that this is just one season and that the coaching staff and players alike are doing everything they can to stick together and turn it around. I don't hear him backstabbing or blaming coaches.

You're both right, and you're both wrong.
I've seen Griffin go to both extremes with his public comments.
I've seen him blurt out some really irresponsible comments, and I've seen him take meticulous precaution in his choice of words.
Sooner or later, he'll find that middle ground.

Jim. Haslett. Must. Go.

I remember your ever so diplomatic post when Haslett was hired. You had misgivings, but wanted to see if he could do something different here. When did you come to the conclusion he needed to go?

If Griffin was really that smart he would be where Russell Wilson is in his development.

Griffin is stubborn and has a big ego.

If the Packers can sit perhaps the best qb in the NFL in Rodgers for precautionary reasons and he can accept that , why couldn't Griffin accept that starting Game 1 at 70 percent was hurting the team and risking his future.

Shanahan should have had the stones to start Cousins the first couple of weeks and ease Griffin back into the lineup.

But unlike Green Bay we don't have any lines of authority. The wishes of the qb trump the judgment of the coach or front office.

I remember your ever so diplomatic post when Haslett was hired. You had misgivings, but wanted to see if he could do something different here. When did you come to the conclusion he needed to go?

I think about that post practically every time I hear the man's name. Never saw the reasoning for the hire then, and still can't understand it now. I have never heard of any personal connection between Mike and Haslett, but there almost has to be one. There was nothing in his resume then that justified it.

As to when I decided he needed to go ... not sure exactly. Probably in year 2 at some point. Then every once in a while he'd pull a gem of a gameplan out, and I'd say hey, maybe he's starting to get it. But it never lasted more than a game or two. We always slide back into what all Haslett defenses have always been ... bad.

And then the bastard went and got the D at least competent down the stretch in the playoff run--like eight whole games. So I had to take a deep breath and go into 2013 giving him at least another benefit of the doubt. Which he promptly threw back in my face ... as always.

But the end of the first half of the MNF opener against Philly, it was no longer a question. The man has to go.

Hahaha haha hahaha
Aw man. Somehow I missed this during the summer, maybe they just didn't say it then because they didn't feel comfortable saying it then.

Per Kevin Sheehan on ESPN 980
griffin and his father went into shanahans office with a list of plays griffin would no longer run

Lol. When Griffin gets the shanahans fired the perfect replacement would be Cerrato. He would coddle RG2 and RG3 to their liking.

Seems as if with 12 runs for 88 yards that Griffin is running many of the same plays from last year.

I am sure the triple option was not on Griffin's list of favorites.

Kyle keeps calling read option, but I doubt he envisions Robert not taking the upfield alley when it's there. Bob's probably had a couple dozen plays this year where he had the option to cut it up for a good gain, or go wide and take the very short yardage play to the safety of the sideline. He's opted for the latter on all but maybe one or two occasions.

Hard to really ascribe "blame" there. It's probably on both of them ... Kyle for continuing to call it knowing Bob ain't gonna take the risk, or Bob for optin to not take the risk, even when it's there.

Maddening.

If Griffin was really that smart he would be where Russell Wilson is in his development.

Griffin is stubborn and has a big ego.

If the Packers can sit perhaps the best qb in the NFL in Rodgers for precautionary reasons and he can accept that , why couldn't Griffin accept that starting Game 1 at 70 percent was hurting the team and risking his future.

Shanahan should have had the stones to start Cousins the first couple of weeks and ease Griffin back into the lineup.

But unlike Green Bay we don't have any lines of authority. The wishes of the qb trump the judgment of the coach or front office.

While I will gudgingly concede the ego part, I can't compare Griff with Wilson for one reason...Wilson had a whole off season as a pro to work his game while Griffin has been rehabing and NOT taking reps. You can argue that Griff got himself there by not admitting how hurt he was in the Seattle game and I won't argue it but regardless of how he got there, he didn't get the same work this off season that Wilson got.

And for all we know Rogers is not taking the sitting down well, he might just be hiding it better. The point there is that the STAFF in GB has put his butt on the bench and our should have done the same thing. Last year. Had they acted responsibly last year, we never would have had an issue this year and Griffin would have had an off season to work his game, not his knee.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 8, Members: 1, Guests: 7)

Help Users
We are all excited to experience the announcement of draft selections IN REAL TIME TOGETHER. If you feel the need to be the first to 'blurt out' the team's picks you are better off staying out of chat and sticking to Twitter. Please refrain from announcing/discussing our picks until the official announcement has been made at the podium. Thanks!

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.