• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Tebow

Winning one game at home does not necessarily equate to peaking. The Broncos were coming off a three game losing streak and had just lost to the Chiefs, of all teams, 7-3. The week before that they scored 14 against a terrible Buffalo defense. In those three losses Tebow's pass completion percentage, passing yards, passer rating, rushing yardage, and yards per rushing attempt all dropped each game. As Redskin fans we know that every once in awhile a team plays a good game at the same time the other guys play a bad game, and given the Bronco's (and Tebow's) recent play this may have been the case for them against the Steelers, who may have run out of gas trying to win their division, rather than an indication of a 'steady rise.'

That said, as long as the Broncos are still alive, anything's possible. We may be seeing a resurgence from them. I'm just not completely convinced yet.

Don't forget Doug Flutie :)
Flutie?? What was he, 4 '11?

He got most of his rushing yards because most defenders not only didn't look down to see him but they were afraid that he would jump up and hit them in the..... knees. yeah thats it. :)

I just read something funny about Tebow that was written back in September on a list of the 50 worst coaches in NFL history......

........Josh McDaniels still used the draft picks to get a quarterback (Tim Tebow) and wide receiver Demaryius Thomas in the first round. Neither player has seen much of the field, and Tebow could easily wind up the biggest bust of the 2010 draft.

Call me crazy, but I'd say that right about now, Denver is pretty happy McDaniels made such a bad draft choice :laugh:

Throwing this in the Tebow thread just because I freakin' HATE Belichick and the Patriots.

The is why I refer to the Patriots as "The Evil Empire". I always KNEW these two were separated at birth? ;)

Attachments

• Belichick and Palpatine.jpg
    Belichick and Palpatine.jpg
    15 KB · Views: 109
OK, I am not about to consider choosing Denver to upset the Patriots am i? Yeah, I am calling an upset. The Patriots beat them soundly earlier in the year, John Fox is going to prove to Richardson in Carolina that he made a poor decision to fire him. He is going to adjust his game for the defense Tebow faced the last time out that made him look bad. And the Denver defense is looking for revenge. Don't be surprised if we end up seeing Ryan Mallette by the end of the game. Brady is going to get put out of this game!

Denver - 24
Patriots - 20

Throwing this in the Tebow thread just because I freakin' HATE Belichick and the Patriots.

The is why I refer to the Patriots as "The Evil Empire". I always KNEW these two were separated at birth? ;)

Now that is a classic. Classic as in the look-a-likes of Jeff Lurie/Archie Bunker, Andy Reid/Walrus, and Tony Romo/Gomer Pyle.

Now that is a classic. Classic as in the look-a-likes of Jeff Lurie/Archie Bunker, Andy Reid/Walrus, and Tony Romo/Gomer Pyle.

Or a few more-just for fun. :)

Philip Rivers and actor Sam Worthington;

102111-NFL-LOOKALIKES-AM-G8_20111023170925304_600_400.JPG

Falcons HC Mike Smith and Steve Martin.

110611-NFL-CELEB-LOOKALIKE-AM-G1_20111128194216218_600_400.JPG

Panthers TE Jeremy Shockey and actor John Goodman.

102111-NFL-LOOKALIKES-AM-G11_20111023170932310_600_400.JPG

And one of my favorites, Popeye and Bill Cowher.

Popeye.gif
BillCowher.jpg

OK, I am not about to consider choosing Denver to upset the Patriots am i? Yeah, I am calling an upset. The Patriots beat them soundly earlier in the year, John Fox is going to prove to Richardson in Carolina that he made a poor decision to fire him. He is going to adjust his game for the defense Tebow faced the last time out that made him look bad. And the Denver defense is looking for revenge. Don't be surprised if we end up seeing Ryan Mallette by the end of the game. Brady is going to get put out of this game!

Denver - 24
Patriots - 20

I want to make that pick, I really do. But I just keep coming to the conclusion that there's no way Denver can score enough points to make it happen. Tebow is coming off a career day. Him having another isn't likely. And Denver's defense is good, but are they that good? I'm struggling believing they have enough to shut down the Pats. And betting on Brady to have a 4th straight playoff loss, at home, that seems like a losing bet. Heart says Denver, head says it has to be the Pats.

And Boone, that is why I end up dropping out of the Pick 'em contest by midway through the season every year :laugh:

I like the upset. Sometimes I get that feeling on a game and for whatever reason I got it hear. I had it last week too, choosing Denver to upset the Steelers. The Pats defense sucks! I do not think they can contain Tebow again like they did last time with their scheme. The Steelers used a more aggressive version of the scheme the Pats ran when they played Denver last time. They forced Tebow to throw the ball, which got him completely out of his "rhythm". Tebow has seen it twice now and the last time he scorched the Steelers. Now, I don't think Belichek will stack 10 in the box, but the Pats secondary is not really good. The question is what you mentioned, can the Broncos' defense stop Brady? I think John Fox is a very under rated coach and will get a lot of pressure on Brady. If he does, we all know Brady can be rattled. We'll just have to see if the Broncos will be playing against the Pats and the refs like we did.

I also get a feeling from the Giants. The Packers defense sucks! I think the Giants defensive line is hitting on all cylinders at this point and Aaron Rodgers is going to have a tough time of it behind a solid, but unspectacular Offensive line. I just don't think the Giants are gonna be able to be strong enough to get it done. But I do believe that game could go either way.

I will be completely surprised if the Ravens and Saints lose. I am calling thos 2 teams for the Super Bowl.

Unfortunately, Belicheat and Captain Dimplechin both know they can outscore the Broncos as long as they don't give up the big plays that the Steelers did. On defense, they will play soft, blitz occasionally to keep the Broncos honest and force Tebow to grind out each score. They are willing to give up 24 or 27 points because they know Brady can fairly easily get more.

The Broncos taking to opening kickoff and driving down the field for a score will mean absolutely nothing except to Broncos fans, who will go into a tizzy. Brady just has too many weapons. Not sure what the over/under is but 54 to 58 combined points sounds about right.

For the record, I would DEARLY LOVE another Tebow "miracle" just so I don't have to see Brady's stupid mug for the rest of the postseason.

If Tebow and the Broncos somehow win this SB, he'll be the new Joe Namath. They'll remember his name 50 years from now.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NHB0o9lCizQ[/media]

Wow, what a disappointing game. :( The Patsies were held to less than 50 pts. and TeBowie didn't throw a pick six. Oh well, can't have everything I guess. I'd swear he was cursing in the fourth quarter though.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ffOJo4gat8[/media]

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
We are all excited to experience the announcement of draft selections IN REAL TIME TOGETHER. If you feel the need to be the first to 'blurt out' the team's picks you are better off staying out of chat and sticking to Twitter. Please refrain from announcing/discussing our picks until the official announcement has been made at the podium. Thanks!

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.