• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Tebow

This is the NFL. Nobody gets the benefit of the doubt. :)

Why are you concerned that his failure would mean the Broncos could steal our draft pick ? For one thing, I doubt the Broncos pick ahead of us. And number 2, even if they do, I doubt they spend a #1 pick on a QB 2 years in a row.

I'm guessing I was answering the question posed by the person who started the thread.

I'm really trying to let this go now.

I can't think of anything I'd enjoy more than seeing Tebow prove everyone wrong and become an NFL legend. We could use a few more legends.

As I said, I wouldn't bet against him.

Any logical comparison to conventional quarterbacking would lead an intelligent observer to the conclusion that he simply can't keep winning with this style of play. But once in awhile someone comes along and changes the paradigm. Who's to say all the conventional wisdom isn't just wrong about Tebow? I've always believed will and belief can make up for a lot of other limitations. I guess we'll see :)

Hey, if a guy can go from being a grocery bagger, to a Super Bowl Winner/Super Bowl MVP/Hall of Famer within just a couple years, then I think an "unconventional QB" has a pretty good chance at being a decent QB.

Yesterday's win should not be attributed solely to Tebow. That defense is playing lights out football! Not trying to take away from the kid's 143 yards passing. :laugh:

All of that is true, but you have to be rooting for the kid, right? Personally, I love it when all the NFL "experts" are just flat out wrong. Gives me warm fuzzies all over. And this kid just keeps proving them wrong.

Yes Goal, even as an FSU alum I can appreciate what Tebow is doing. When the intangibles begin to take effect in sports, I revel in it. It is great to see "experts" proven wrong!

Watching the doubters will be fascinating as well. As soon as they start losing some games, which has to happen eventually, the Downers will start screaming "I told you so!".

Whatever.

Maybe it can't last, I don't know. Maybe he isn't a long term solution at QB, I don't know. But it's fun to watch right now, that's for sure.

Referees created instant replay so they could admire Tim Tebow more than once

Tim Tebow’s number is 15 because that’s how many players it takes to tackle him.

At birth, Tim Tebow came out arms first so he could stiff arm the doctor in the face. Nobody delivers Tim Tebow but Tim Tebow.
When life gives Tim Tebow lemons, he uses them to kill terrorists. Tim Tebow hates lemonade.

When Google can't find something, it asks Tim Tebow for help.

What color is Tim Tebow's blood? Trick question. Tim Tebow does not bleed.

Tim Tebow has been to Mars. That's why there's no life on Mars.

Tebow doesn't throw interceptions, he throws the ball to you so he can hit you on the return.

Tim Tebow can touch MC Hammer.

Tim Tebow frequently donates blood to the Red Cross. Just never his own

A meteor didn’t kill the dinosaurs; Tim Tebow did in a pickup football game.

Tim Tebow gets called for roughing the tackler.

Cold Hard Football Facts has the best Tim Tebow quote I've seen in a while.

"Watching Tim Tebow play quarterback is like getting a root canal at a strip club. Excruciatingly painful yet wildly entertaining at the same time."

:)

Referees created instant replay so they could admire Tim Tebow more than once

Tim Tebow’s number is 15 because that’s how many players it takes to tackle him.

At birth, Tim Tebow came out arms first so he could stiff arm the doctor in the face. Nobody delivers Tim Tebow but Tim Tebow.
When life gives Tim Tebow lemons, he uses them to kill terrorists. Tim Tebow hates lemonade.

When Google can't find something, it asks Tim Tebow for help.

What color is Tim Tebow's blood? Trick question. Tim Tebow does not bleed.

Tim Tebow has been to Mars. That's why there's no life on Mars.

Tebow doesn't throw interceptions, he throws the ball to you so he can hit you on the return.

Tim Tebow can touch MC Hammer.

Tim Tebow frequently donates blood to the Red Cross. Just never his own

A meteor didn’t kill the dinosaurs; Tim Tebow did in a pickup football game.

Tim Tebow gets called for roughing the tackler.

Hilarious :thumbsup:

I only wish I could click the 'Blog it' button on this one...

Kinda read like maybe Tim Tebow is The Most Interesting Man In The World. ;)

In four of his five starts (and three of his four wins) the Broncos have scored 18, 10, 17 and 17 points. When we were winning like that people said it would have to stop eventually too. :)

Like I said, I have nothing against the guy, but running QBs historically win games but not playoff games. Good teams beat them. Maybe Tebow will be the exception. We'll see.

He won today with his arm. And also put up 35 points. What can people say now ?

He won today with his arm. And also put up 35 points. What can people say now ?

If he continues to win games with his arm as well as his legs I doubt anyone would say anything.

I havent heard anything but praise for him today. Have you?

Posted via BGO Mobile Device

The thing I find most fascinating about Tebow is the fact that what he's doing is flying in the face of "conventional wisdom". I've always liked things and people who upset the apple-cart of accepted "this is how things work and that's that."-the stuff that questions and forces an examination of what were considered axiomatic and unquestionable assumptions from which inferences and conclusions are then drawn and, hopefully, causes those assumptions to be questioned themselves and compared to what's being observed to determine if they are really valid or not. Tebow is potentially a monkey-wrench in the brain machinery of how we think NFL football works-or is supposed to work.

I haven't come to a definitive conclusion about Tebow myself yet because he's making me question my own assumptions-bless his heart for that because that's the only way to learn anything new.

Here's an interesting article from cbsports.com about ... stuff.

http://eye-on-football.blogs.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/entry/22475988/33705112

The bits about Tebow and Newton made me think of this thread:

Because Tebow just won a game by being a -- gasp! -- traditional passer. Tebow went 10 of 15 for 202 yards and two touchdowns and only rushed the ball four times, one of which was was a lateral kneel to set up the game-winning field goal.

The result of Sunday's win is the most improbable of improbable situations: Denver being the favorite to land the No. 4 seed in the AFC playoffs. With "just" the Bears, Patriots, Bills and Chiefs remaining on the schedule, Denver's in a better position than Oakland (losers Sunday, with the Packers, Lions, Chiefs and Chargers remaining) to make the postseason.

And if you're a Tebow hater, you better get your block button on Twitter ready, because things are about to get hairy when they get there. On the other hand, if you're a Tebow hater, what's your beef with a team that utilizes an opportunistic defense, a run-based offense that doesn't make mistakes and a quarterback who may or may not have mystical powers to win games?

I understand that people have to argue about something during the week, but are you not entertained? Is this not why you are here?

Sunday -- a 38-19 win for Carolina over Tampa Bay -- was a big day for Cam Newton. The Panthers won. (It's the most important thing, haven't you heard?) Newton won his first division game. Newton picked up his first winning "streak." And the rookie phenom had, arguably, his best game as a professional quarterback.

Newton went 12 of 21 and only threw for 204 yards, but he had one touchdown through the air, no turnovers and managed 54 rushing yards on 13 carries and three rushing touchdowns.

That total, by the by, means Newton now holds the single-season rookie record for rushing touchdowns in a season with 13, leaving poor Steve Grogan with no other real historical notation to his name.

Here's the crazy thing though: Newton's just five touchdowns short of Eric Dickerson's record for rushing touchdowns in a season by any rookie. With four games to go, 18 or 19 is well within his sights.

Should it be, though? I say no, and that's coming from someone who's a conductor on the CamWagon and a Newton fantasy owner. Here's why: Newton hasn't learned how to avoid contact yet. He's getting a little better about avoiding shots, but watching him go into a headfirst horizontal spin has to make Jerry Richardson's heart skip a couple of beats.

On a day when you win by 19 points against a terrible rushing defense like Tampa's, especially when they don't have their starting quarterback, there's no reason why Newton has three more carries than DeAngelo Williams, who got $43 million this offseason.

Watching Cam break Dickerson's record would be fun, but not as fun as watching Cam stay healthy over the next decade.

Anyone catch something odd about these two bits written by the same guy on the same day?

Tebow proved he can be a pocket passer by throwing 10 of 15 for 202 yards and two touchdowns while Newton went 12 of 21 and 'only' threw for 204 yards and a TD.

And if you're a Tebow hater what's your beef with a QB who's rushed 82 times in 7 starts ... but Newton with 100 carries in 12 starts needs to worry about staying healthy.

I have to wonder if Tebow ran for 3 TDs in addition to his 200 passing yards en route to a 19-point victory, would it be ok to criticize him for such production?

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.