• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Government to shut-down Friday

• Thread starter Lanky Livingston
  • Start date
Perhaps you would like to elaborate, or are you merely content to throw out generalized insults?
Wasn't really directed at you, but the statement itself. You're not the first to repeat it.

George Bush continues to amaze. According to the left, the dumbest mother ****er ever to occupy the White House, yet able to fool the world into doing whatever he wished, including controlling, and thereby ruining, economies across the planet.

While Erkle Obama surges forward with the skill befitting a bag of hammers, and people actually believe he's smart.

Personally, I'm ready for a few days off. Normally I'd be working regardless, but being a headquarters puke now, I'm considered "non essential".

Don't feel bad though, I have enough supplies in the bunker to last a couple of months:)

And personally, after seeing the affirmative action hires at HQ do nothing but talk and surf the net all day, I can say unequivically that it wouldn't hurt the government to ax about 30-40 % of the work force, at least in that building. The public wouldn't miss them at all

I've always said Bush will be remembered more fondly (and more accurately) the further removed we get from his presidency. He wasn't the greatest, but he certainly wasn't the worst. Far from it.

His biggest problem right now, is that the economy blew up in his last few months in office, AND he pushed TARP through, which most people now acknowledge as a huge mistake. As the economy recovers more and people get their jobs back, I suspect we will remember his tremendous leadership after 9/11 and his remarkable work curtailing AIDS in Africa, to name a few things.

Having said that, regardless of who's fault it was, Obama was handed a **** economy. Now, I know (Sarge) that he has done little to make it better, but to deny that the economy was in the toilet when he took office is to live in la-la-land.

Battle cry of the truly clueless.

Ax said:
Wasn't really directed at you, but the statement itself. You're not the first to repeat it.

George Bush continues to amaze. According to the left, the dumbest mother ****er ever to occupy the White House, yet able to fool the world into doing whatever he wished, including controlling, and thereby ruining, economies across the planet.

While Erkle Obama surges forward with the skill befitting a bag of hammers, and people actually believe he's smart.

What's amazing is that people continue to defend Bush. We've been over the pros and cons of his presidency a billion times, so I won't repeat them, but it amazes me that people still defend him.

What's amazing is that people continue to defend Bush. We've been over the pros and cons of his presidency a billion times, so I won't repeat them, but it amazes me that people still defend him.
Equally amazing that Obama gets a pass for things that Bush got crucified for. Be nice to see a little fairness. But I realize it'll never happen.

I had my issues with Bush, but if given a choice today between him and Obama, Bush would be back in Washington

Shocking

http://www.mrc.org/bmi/articles/201...keting_Gas_Prices__Times_More_Than_Obama.html

Networks Link Bush to 'Skyrocketing' Gas Prices 15 Times More Than Obama

Connecting Bush, Not Obama to High Prices: As gas prices rose in 2008, network reporters mentioned President Bush in 15 times as many stories, than they brought up President Obama in a similar period in 2011.

Gallons of coverage in 2008: Comparing a 20 day span of rising gas prices in 2008 to 24 days of rising prices in February 2011, the Business & Media Institute found the networks did more than 2 ½ times as many stories during the Bush years versus Obama

That doesn't surprise me. It does seem like there is a lot less panic, generally today than there was three years ago. Not sure why, chicken vs. egg thing?

Obama definitely deserves his portion of the blame for rising oil prices, however Bush's actions in the middle east laid the groundwork for all this, whether you like it or not. Who is most at fault? I blame the oil companies and Wall Street - they manipulate oil futures worse than anyone, to maximize their profit.

That doesn't surprise me. It does seem like there is a lot less panic, generally today than there was three years ago. Not sure why, chicken vs. egg thing?

Because Katie Couric isn't on the news every night interviewing people about how much they just spent filling up their cars and asking the interviewees if they will have to choose between filling up their vehicles and buying food for their children.

Pound that out EVERY night and it starts to wear on people

Obama definitely deserves his portion of the blame for rising oil prices, however Bush's actions in the middle east laid the groundwork for all this, whether you like it or not. Who is most at fault? I blame the oil companies and Wall Street - they manipulate oil futures worse than anyone, to maximize their profit.
Once again, the AMAZING George Bush, Puppet Master of the WORLD!!!
Even Chuck Norris fears the "W"!!!

Your right-wing tunnel-vision missed the first part of the sentence, where I said Obama deserves the blame also.

Sure, and your left-wing, better than everybody else smugness can't see that my quoting the very thing you said I couldn't see, simply radiates your ignorance.

Good boy. You win the cookie!

Sure, and your left-wing, better than everybody else smugness can't see that my quoting the very thing you said I couldn't see, simply radiates your ignorance.

Good boy. You win the cookie!

Cherry picking the info you want to highlight what you want to believe - the good ol', time-tested GOP way of doing things! Do you often find your condescension to actually work? Or have you wondered why nobody likes you?

Cherry picking the info you want to highlight what you want to believe - the good ol', time-tested GOP way of doing things! Do you often find your condescension to actually work? Or have you wondered why nobody likes you?

Dude, the ole' GOP way of doing things? Give it a rest! You mean like Nancy Pelosi telling us old people will starve if there is even a 5% cut in the program she was referring to? That's all that has been proposed in the program that brings meals to the elderly. I am sure there is 5% in the bureaucracy of that program that should be cut! I would go so far as to say the Federal Government shouldn't be involved in a program like that in the first place. States, private charities and religious bodies should be handling it!

The political game is played on both sides, sometimes one party is better at it than others. The last couple of years the Dems have done an outstanding job of making anyone who disagrees with Obama either a racist or extremist, so please stop painting one side clean and one side dirty.

Oh, and by the way, I like Ax! So why would you even say something like that?

Cherry picking the info you want to highlight what you want to believe
Ah yes. I see you practice Chomerics. Accuse others of that which you are guilty of yourself, then get all indignant about it. Good boy!

the good ol', time-tested GOP way of doing things!
The good ole, time-tested, hackboy accusing everyone else of being a hackboy routine. You're on a roll Shirley.

Do you often find your condescension to actually work?
No. The only responses I ever get to it are from lobotomized liberal lug nuts.;)

Or have you wondered why nobody likes you?
No. I feel sorry for you guys that try to disguise your envy of me with a phony dislike. You probably wish you were a girl so you could have my baby.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
We are all excited to experience the announcement of draft selections IN REAL TIME TOGETHER. If you feel the need to be the first to 'blurt out' the team's picks you are better off staying out of chat and sticking to Twitter. Please refrain from announcing/discussing our picks until the official announcement has been made at the podium. Thanks!

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.