• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Day One Free Agency Thread

i think its reported that he signed a 6 yr deal worth $12m per.

Crazy! Bears going buck wild, while we stay still. Times have changed indeed.

Those guys in Chicago are signing and coaching for their jobs this year. If it doesn't work in 2010, I think the owner will clean house from the GM all the way down to Asst. Ballboys.

Interesting quote from PFT:

For the Bears (who also signed Brandon Manumaleuna and Chester Taylor on a huge first day of free agency), it's a sign that they're serious about winning, and winning now. After the disaster that was the Bears' 2009 season, that's a sign the fans of Chicago needed to see.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/03/05/julius-peppers-is-a-chicago-bear/

Ohhhhhhh, so when the Bears do it, its a sign that they're serious about winning. But when the Redskins do it, its frivolous spending and ignoring the draft. Riiiiiiiiight. Yeah, there's absolutely no media bias against the Redskins! Ha.

Those guys in Chicago are signing and coaching for their jobs this year. If it doesn't work in 2010, I think the owner will clean house from the GM all the way down to Asst. Ballboys.
In other words, they'll do what we just did. :)

WHAT?!!! No obligatory "Da Bears are trying to buy a championship" from the mediots? How DARE they!!!

WOW, if I read that right the Bears are throwing $47M in guaranteed moolah at Peppers and Taylor. Jerry Angelo must have pics of Virginia McCaskey to get her to play like the Dan Snyder of old.

106.7 reporting that Clifton was just using the trip here to get GB to up their offer

WOW, if I read that right the Bears are throwing $47M in guaranteed moolah at Peppers and Taylor. Jerry Angelo must have pics of Virginia McCaskey to get her to play like the Dan Snyder of old.

Got a mental image and think I'm going to be sick...:eek: :rotflmao:

Got a mental image and think I'm going to be sick...:eek: :rotflmao:

1014_most-powerful-virginia-mccaskey_400x280.jpg

Just watch out when she takes out the dentures. ;)

This "new" approach to free agency is starting to feel a little weird-almost the exact opposite of the "hyper-aggressive" pursuits of the past. Interesting to watch unfold but difficult to read.

Keep in mind, it's Day 1. Little action today doesn't necessarity mean we're not going to be aggressive. Too early to tell.

Somewhere in the basement of Redskins Park, the danny is struggling to escape from both his straight jacket and cell.

"ALLEN! SHANAHAN! GET ME OUT OF HERE! YOU HEAR ME!

LET

ME

GO!!!!!!!!!

We've already lost Peppers you bumbling IDIOTS! Let me out of here before it's too late! DO YOU HEAR ME!!!!!!!!! THERE"S STILL TIME!!!!!!!!!! I can still get the Rams to take our draft for the number one spot, but you've got to let me out of here!!!!!!!!!!

LET

ME

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO"

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
We are all excited to experience the announcement of draft selections IN REAL TIME TOGETHER. If you feel the need to be the first to 'blurt out' the team's picks you are better off staying out of chat and sticking to Twitter. Please refrain from announcing/discussing our picks until the official announcement has been made at the podium. Thanks!

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.