• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Wow, this place is dead!

kirbster

First, let me say I'm primarily a reader not a poster, so yes I'm guilty of not helping this place out.

But wow, over 36 hours and not a single post here! Even for the offseason, that's dead! This is a great forum, but we've got to get some traffic over here, or it's going to die. Other forums are still somewhat active despite the time of year. We need to find a way to get some of that here. Forums without posts will die away rather quickly, something I'm sure we'd all hate to see happen here!

I suggest getting outside more. :)

There are some posters, aka 'attention whores,' who have already given up on this place because of the lack of instant gratification when something is posted. Its a quality vs quantity thing - and personally, I'm much happier with quality over quantity. I guess that's a decision everyone has to make on their own?

ah, offseason.

Even though the mini's and OTAs are going on, we don't don't what's happening (for the most part) during them. You get an occasional blurb or a few minutes of footage on Redskins Nation.....but that's it. We won't really know anything until camp starts.

Only topics are:
1. Haynesworth- we know the story. What's to add?
2. Moss and HGH- nothing is official. Shanahan is saying wait and see. Moss is saying nothing.
3. Mcnabb- again a wait and see deal on what he'll do when the season gets here. Same with the O-line and other things/scheme etc.
4. Westbrook coming here? We'll probably know by the end of the week.
etc. etc.

I just haven't seen anything worth commenting on as of late. Plus, I 've been busy with work and have became a regular lurker of this and some other sites (except for trying to win back a few of my titles in the arcade over here).

And Lanky, just curious on who you consider attention whores on BGO? Most of the people who frequently post here provide relevant posts and good commentary unlike another site that we used to frequent regularly.

Wait till camp gets here.....this place will be pumpin'

I promised not to make any more negative posts this offseason. :)

And Lanky, just curious on who you consider attention whores on BGO? Most of the people who frequently post here provide relevant posts and good commentary unlike another site that we used to frequent regularly.

Attention whores ON BGO? I'm probably the most-likely candidate for that title. ;)

I was referring to people who no longer post here, because there wasn't enough attention paid to them. :) (and I'm not going to name names, because well, I'm not)

I'd rather been here posting last weekend versus the load of dirt in my driveway...which wife surprised me with. After moving dirt to wherever she felt needed, all I can say I'm in need of a bye.

Yeah, not much going on. I keep checking back to see if there is a new thread for me to kill but it's been slim pickin's here lately.

So.....how about that internet. Lots of cool stuff on that internet.

After a surprisingly interesting early off-season, things have settled into what seems to be the "doldrum period"-the tapering off of FA activity, not many newsworthy things going on other than Haynesworth and Moss as has been mentioned. I think it's just the contrast that might be affecting people-I know it is me. The early pre-saeson was more active and interesting than what I had expected what with McNabb, seeing how Allen/Shaqnahan were going to handle free agency and the draft-a lot of new things to think and talk about and now we're in a "tween" period-training camps are yet to start and unless someone does something noteworthy or dumb (always a possibility!) there just isn't that much to discuss that hasn't already been talked to death.

I'm patient, I spend a lot of my time online digging around everywhere for new and interesting things to check out-and I'll be following FIFA starting next month, and as soon as the team gears start grinding again, I'll be joining in the inevitable discussions that will erupt.

This place isn't dead or even moribund, just catching a breather.

I think Lanky was referring to me! Me! Me! Me! Me! Me! Me! Me! Me! Me! Me! Me! Me! Me! Me!

It ain't rocket science kirbster...the Summer is upon us, there's squat going on, people are doing the vacation thing (including staff), etc...

Some of us have even written blogs about it.

BGO isn't dying or going anywhere. Take a deep breath. Or start a decent thread. :)

Things are slow.

But I'm perfectly happy with the way things are right now here. It's better than some places, where everything little thing (Peter King has a hunch) gets five pages at the minimum.

attentionwhore.jpg

It ain't rocket science kirbster...the Summer is upon us, there's squat going on, people are doing the vacation thing (including staff), etc...

Some of us have even written blogs about it.

BGO isn't dying or going anywhere. Take a deep breath. Or start a decent thread. :)
I know what time of year it is. I acknowledged that. But nothing, not a thing, happened here for 37 hours, while other forums had a decent amount of activity. I was longing for this forum, where I'd rather spend my time, to have some new content. Note that after 37 hours of nothing, since my posting there's been a relatively big increase in posting here. Now, let's keep it up!

I even tried starting an "Obama is an illegal alien, commie Marxist" thread. Nada:laugh:

Kinda what I like about this forum; More posts with content. If no content, no posts.

After a surprisingly interesting early off-season, things have settled into what seems to be the "doldrum period"-the tapering off of FA activity, not many newsworthy things going on other than Haynesworth and Moss as has been mentioned. I think it's just the contrast that might be affecting people-I know it is me. The early pre-saeson was more active and interesting than what I had expected what with McNabb, seeing how Allen/Shaqnahan were going to handle free agency and the draft-a lot of new things to think and talk about and now we're in a "tween" period-training camps are yet to start and unless someone does something noteworthy or dumb (always a possibility!) there just isn't that much to discuss that hasn't already been talked to death.

I'm patient, I spend a lot of my time online digging around everywhere for new and interesting things to check out-and I'll be following FIFA starting next month, and as soon as the team gears start grinding again, I'll be joining in the inevitable discussions that will erupt.

This place isn't dead or even moribund, just catching a breather.

agree.

my first thought? get a life! it'll pick up soon enough...plenty other stuff to check out during the lull.....

seems to me Lanky may need to be temporarily aliased as Cranky!!!! I kid. I kid. he fits into the quality poster caetgory.

It is a slow time in the season. I do not know about others here, but I have been pretty busy. Plus, there is not much to talk about Redskins wise unless you beat a subject to death. We can only talk about McNabb, Haynesworth, and Moss so much.

im much more of a lurker than a poster....i will prolly have all of 5 posts from now until training camp (1 down - 4 to go!)...but that should change a bit come end of july!

If you check out ES, there isn't much going on in the Stadium either.

Some rehashing of old topics (the ones Boone mentioned) but no new news.

This place is just different :)

My habits go in spurts. I lurk until I have something to actually ads not just regurgitate something someone has already said. I make up for it when I do decide to engage though, I get the bit in my mouth and run with it so to speak. So be careful what you ask for. ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.