• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Winter Weather 2012-13

SC_RedskinsFan

The Starter
Reaction score
Military Branch
Marine Corps
I moved from Beaufort SC to Akron Ohio this fall, I guess winter is here now! We are getting our first real snowstorm. They are calling for 4-10 inches of snow, but totals could reach 12-15 inches depending on how much lake effect reaches us. It changed over from rain early this morning, with just a light snow right now. Later in the day it is supposed to pick up and the winds are gonna blow up to 45 mph.

Here we go, my first winter here. In my 14 years in Beaufort I had about 3 inches of snow total in that whole time

Not surprising to hear that SD is having cold temps. That trough is quite stubborn out there, but it will start to shift things further to the east. Should be a wet one in your area this weekend. After that, a ridge will set in and weather for SD should improve.

A positive PDO is setting up and could bring a bunch of shots at snow starting on Christmas Day for the east coast. This current storm is the game changer - bringing in colder air as the AO sets up to send polar air southward. January could be bitterly cold for the eastern half of the nation with several chances for snow.

I'll have specific updates in the other thread. And Derek is cool - he's allowed to have it after living with very little snow in recent years. :)

One other note. It's snowing here now, but not enough to stick. Just some passing showers for this evening.

Thanks Ken!

We got about 6" of snow out of that storm. Looks like tomorrow we will see another couple inches, then Wed-Thur could be a big winter storm for here is what I am hearing. It is so different looking at weather patterns in OH.

Got this from FB, the forecast from this site is pretty spot on. https://www.facebook.com/WxRisk

32389_460862673960996_591000935_n.png

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.