• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

win, lose or draw

Goal....

I agree with you on point 2. Every time I watch the Gints play that point is driven home. Vis point one: it's a chess match. These arguments can't be made absent what the opposing DC can do to counter any given move. Realigning resources (e.g., keeping a back in for added protections) causes a weakness elsewhere. There are trade-offs.

Vis Rex. Yes...I can barely watch him because I see all the bypassed opportunities. Yes there are other areas that need to be remediated. I would counter that I think you and others underestimate the cost to the etam of his liabilities. I will agree on this: he's here for the duration and one must sustain hope that he gives us a better than even chance of winning. I went into last night's game thinking that....and then witnessed all the same patterns.

anywho......plenty else to discuss.

2) What if we had a tall, athletic WR who could make some plays in the Redzone?

Yes, I'm quoting myself. Deal with it.

Anyone have any insight or heard anything about why Hank has been consistently inactive? Seems like he would provide a nice Red Zone target, no?

Anyone have any insight or heard anything about why Hank has been consistently inactive? Seems like he would provide a nice Red Zone target, no?
Maybe because he'd likely resemble the inexperienced Keystone Cowboy receivers?

Probably b/c of his dropsies in preseason. I'm sure he'll get his shot here in the next couple weeks.

As to the tall, athletic red zone receiver: FRED DAVIS. Still trying to figure out why we didn't go to him more.

Honestly, I didn't think I'd be able to conjure up enough energy for this today. I was fully prepared to go on media blackout today and start fresh tomorrow looking forward to the Rams.

But here I am.

Here's how I'm looking at it. We're sitting tied for first place in the NFC east at 2-1. We have the opportunity to go into the bye week at 3-1. There is no question that last night's game was winnable.....there is also no question that we should not be looking past the Rams. Last time we played a winless Rams squad it didn't turn out too well, did it?

I can't begin to express how disappointed I am in the game last night. I felt that the playcalling on both sides of the ball was a little suspect, but, had a few plays gone differently we could all be singing a different tune today. A couple less slips on the turf....a red zone shovel pass to Moss that got stuffed looked bad, but had it worked against the over pursuit it would have looked genius. Some calls went our way, some didn't. We got away with some stuff, they got away with some stuff.

Are we "there" this season? No, probably not. Most likely, it'll be an entertaining step forward, but I fear we're a little short in some areas that will hold us back for this year. We've had a great amount of turnover in personnel....but there's more to come. We still need depth all over the place, and I feel like we're a year away on the offensive line. They need one more stud on the line....and some more experience and depth to get us over the hump.

I do agree that we need to be looking at the QB position next offseason. Rex and/or Beck will keep us in games.....but may not be able to finish them off the way we'd like to see. Rex had a bad night last night. Not all his fault.....and I have a feeling he'll rebound this Sunday. But it probably isn't enough long term.

In any case, if we can pull it out this week and be 3-1 into the bye....I'll be happy. It's a growth period.....let's see what happens. Let's give the coaches a chance to figure things out as we move forward. It's still early.

But man, I can't wait until November 20th. I hate those f-ers.

I don't agree with the premise regardless of whether Steve Young thinks the opposite.

Grossman is physically limited and has a ceiling as to what he can do on a football field. He also doesn't seem to have a very good sense of where the pressure is coming from and continues to turn over the ball on sack/fumbles.

Mark Rypien had the same problems. But Gibbs fixed that by acquiring Jim Lachey at LT and continuing to run a max pro scheme with two tight ends.

Shanahan doesn't have any elite OL at the present time. He also doesn't have an elite WR or elite RB.

People keep pointing to Drew Brees who is also around 6'0, but the comparison doesn't hold because Brees has good escapability, has a good feel for backside pressure and throws a very accurate ball down the field.

He also has a lot more talent to support him.

I dont think the playcalling was that bad it just wasnt executed good. this team is still young and gelling Give it 5-6 games and hopefully this offense becomes a TD machine

did anyone else notice Williams falling down all over the place out there?

Brown also. The field was wet with condensation because the roof was open, is what I heard, which may have contributed. Either that or our starting Tackles were just getting whipped all over the place.

I don't agree with the premise regardless of whether Steve Young thinks the opposite.

Grossman is physically limited and has a ceiling as to what he can do on a football field. He also doesn't seem to have a very good sense of where the pressure is coming from and continues to turn over the ball on sack/fumbles.

Mark Rypien had the same problems. But Gibbs fixed that by acquiring Jim Lachey at LT and continuing to run a max pro scheme with two tight ends.

Shanahan doesn't have any elite OL at the present time. He also doesn't have an elite WR or elite RB.

People keep pointing to Drew Brees who is also around 6'0, but the comparison doesn't hold because Brees has good escapability, has a good feel for backside pressure and throws a very accurate ball down the field.

He also has a lot more talent to support him.

yes!!!!! there's nothing malevolent or "hater"-like about it. I may go overboard, but it's simply frustrating to have to watch.....because there is good talent elsewhere on this team. not enough...yet. but had we an upper tier QB...I think this team could be one of those "snuck in the backdoor" type teams. the defense is close enough to being good enough. but an offense that can score more than 2 TDs a game is needed.

oh well. boys were dropping left and right last night. if memory serves no major injuries for us. so the learning process continues.

Brown also. The field was wet with condensation because the roof was open, is what I heard, which may have contributed. Either that or our starting Tackles were just getting whipped all over the place.

it's not there yet...but soooooo much better than past yrs!

For all the talk this year of being committed to the run, we sure dropped it like a hot potato in the 4th quarter last night.

You run the ball so that come the 4th, with the opposing D worn out, the run game gets easier, you grind yards and clock out.

Instead, we turn into the Fun N Gun offense by only rushing 2 times in the 4th and helping Dallas conserve time outs with all our incompletions.

Wouldn't surprise me if come Sunday, Kyle's wearing a visor on the sidelines.

the Redskins now have failed to establish a running game in either game against an NFC East opponent. the Cardinals game seems a bit of an anomaly as they are switching to a 3-4 and like the Redskins in 2010 don't have all the personnel in place yet.

so, right now my grade for that portion of this offense is a D.

The offensive line has been very average in pass pro as well.

Other than Williams, I don't see a lot of upside in any of our other starters. Brown is 30, Chester is 28, Montgomery is 28, Lichtensteiger is 25.

While it's not an old line, it's not a group of young studs either.

Shame we can't seem to find any capable interior OL in the middle rounds of the draft.

yeah Mike I noticed, he has never been a lightfooted guy and he struggles against elite speed, but he looked pretty bad out there. we needed to move the pocket, use some more chips, SOMETHING to help him and brown. I honestly think Williams is more suited to RT, but he is the best we have right now.

That call works if Hall doesn't blow the coverage, so even with the predictability of it the call was OK. How ironic that he got burned playing up tight when he's the king of that ten yard layoff cushion even when the O needs 3-4 yards for a 1st down. I will never understand why we don't play more press coverage in those short yardage situations, it looks to be coached.

Yep. Can't lay it all on Rex. He played poorly, but had plenty of help. Kyle's gameplan was, ummm, interesting to put it kindly, particularly in the Red Zone.

I'm not so sure that Rex's limitations aren't causing play calling problems.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.