• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Will Griffin succeed as a Pocket passer?

He didn't have Randy Moss in college.

Randy moss and cris carter made that 39 td season, not to mention one of the best receiving rbs in robert smith. Culpepper was good, but he had arguably one if the best receiving corps in nfl history.

Sent from my GT-P3113 using Tapatalk

It's called good coaching . Wilson has it Griffin doesn't.

Dont discount the defense... our offense scores points, but our defense couldnt hold. Reading a defense down 14 in the 2nd quarter is different then reading a defense up 14.

Sent from my GT-P3113 using Tapatalk

You can't properly evaluate Griffin because Shanahan like Spurrier runs a system that places only a modest value in protecting the qb.

Coaches like Gibbs, Parcells, Bellichick know you have to invest in your OL because protecting the qb is the real key to stability and consistent success.

Shanahan builds his team from the outside in, and that is the opposite of what you see most other teams do.

Whoa whoa whoa, let's be clear: Spurrier and Shanahan's systems are completely different.

While Shanny's system tends to work better with a mobile QB and moving him around a lot via bootlegs, that does not mean it's similar to Spurrier's chuck n' duck.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Regardless of the offensive system or alignment adequate protection adjustments are a must. The beatings our qb's took during the Spurrier years and Shanahan aren't that different...especially this season. I think it's safe to say Griffin isn't fragile.:lift:
Whoa whoa whoa, let's be clear: Spurrier and Shanahan's systems are completely different.

While Shanny's system tends to work better with a mobile QB and moving him around a lot via bootlegs, that does not mean it's similar to Spurrier's chuck n' duck.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Regardless of the offensive system or alignment adequate protection adjustments are a must. The beatings our qb's took during the Spurrier years and Shanahan aren't that different...especially this season. I think it's safe to say Griffin isn't fragile.:lift:

bingo….schemes may differ….but if the scheme is ultimately 5 and 6 man protection….well we have seen the results in both instances. either change the protection concept or get better players.

I have not seen nearly as much 50 and 60 pro as I saw this year. there have been so many times I was screaming 70 at the Tv screen this year that Im sure my roomate thinks I hate old people.

Spurriers scheme was weak on protection because it required a quick trigger guy, we didnt have that, with the right players it would have a chnace but all it takes is one huge hit in the NFL and your qb is done. this system is weak in protection because it needs the run threat to mitigate the pass rush, for some reason the dummies in charge decided that instead of using the offence the way it needs to be run they would keep Rg3 in the pocket and all that did was allow teams to tee off on him. if we actually rant more stretch, more inside zone with bootlegs, and more play action, Rg3 gets hit way less.

If you don't protect the qb, you don't win.

Gibbs and Walsh had that down as a Rule 1 on offense.

Coaches that stray from this philosophy don't stay employed for that long anymore.

Few teams have quality backups so the loss of a starter often means your season is over.

See many Steve Youngs or Aaron Rodgers on the bench these days waiting for their chance?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
We are all excited to experience the announcement of draft selections IN REAL TIME TOGETHER. If you feel the need to be the first to 'blurt out' the team's picks you are better off staying out of chat and sticking to Twitter. Please refrain from announcing/discussing our picks until the official announcement has been made at the podium. Thanks!

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.