• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Wildcard Weekend

philemon

It's been a while since I've posted on here. But a nice email inviting me to the page inspired me to initiate some participation again. I hope I'm not breaking any rules by posting this new thread. Looked around first and couldn't find a particular thread that had these specific discussions...

So, a couple of interesting questions to discuss:

1 - What team would you rather face on Wildcard Weekend?

My thoughts:
The Packers and Seahawks seem to be faltering recently. Packers got crushed by the Cardinals. Seahawks could very well end the season with a 2-game losing streak. Personally, I'd rather see the Skins face the Vikings. I think that opponent gives us the best chance for a win in the first round. It would be nice to see us put a whooping on the Seahawks.

2 - What area(s) needs the most improvement in order for us to win our Wildcard game?

My thoughts:
Firstly, our secondary needs to improve. I've seen Blackmon get beat the last few weekends. I hate seeing our secondary go into a zone because we play so soft. Teams seem to march down the field with ease.

Secondly, we've got to be able to run better than we have been. I don't think we can win a playoff game being one dimensional.

Thirdly, Crowder needs to get his head screwed on right on special teams. Jeez!

1) Seahawks. As I just posted in the random thread, we need to put that team to rest, once and for all.

2) Running game, absolutely.
and bone-headed actions.....just when it looked like we were keeping our head in the game, and reducing penalties and mistakes, Kirk does the kneel-down.

1) Anyone but the Seahawks, really. I don't think they are slumping. I think the Rams just know how to play them, being in their division and all.

Seattle has our number, and I'm sick of seeing them in the playoffs.

Of the other two, I think I'd rather play Green Bay. They are really hurting right now. Minnesota doesn't exactly scare me, but with the way they can run the ball ... I'd rather face Green Bay.

But I'll take either.

2) I don't know that we can fix our running game at this point. It is what it is. I think our defense is going to have to play lights-out for us to have a chance in the playoffs. Our D has played better lately. That needs to keep going. You don't win in the playoffs without it.

I would like our chances vs the likes of Jared Abbrederis and company despite who would be throwing the ball to them.

A large part of me wants to see us play the Seahawks because if we keep playing them in the playoffs, we have to beat them eventually.
If we have bad weather, that may restrict Russell Wilson's ability to make us look foolish.

Make bridgewater throw tge ball good chance you can win

Never was one to dream small.

What we should all want, is to face either Green Bay, or Minnesota, for wildcard weekend.

We get our revenge on the Tucan-Sams, in the Championship game.

Which, when it works out that way, will be at Fedex Field.

You're welcome.

Boy this got sidetracked!

I'm with Henry except I'll take Minn. Reminds me of the time when the Skins beat the Vikings after they had eliminated the 49ers, which was very sweet. Let someone else eliminate Seahawks and we're good.

Anyways I hate Seahawks second to Cowboys and Giants....excuse my math.

And AX, for your hemorrhoids just wipe your ass regularly, add a tail feather and eat less. Works for me. ;-)

1) As you are no doubt aware, my other half is a devout Packers fan. So I've watched all their games this year...

They are NOT scary.

Yes they still have Aaron Rodgers, but they are really struggling to move the ball lately. Can't run it (Starks and Lacy have been the equivalents of Morris and Jones - sometimes flash, but nothing consistent).
Their receivers are hopeless without Jordy Nelson, and are struggling to get any kind of separation. We can cover that group I think.

Their record flatters to deceive.

They started the season strong, and then went on a 3 game losing streak to the Bronco's, Panthers and Lions.
Followed that up with a win over the Vikings for the division. But we all know how Division games are. :)

Since then.... they are 3-2... But not an impressive 3-2.

They got killed last week by the Cardinals, and got beaten by the Bears... at home. A team we beat ON THE ROAD.

Sure they had victories.... against the 6-8 Raiders, the 4-9 Cowboys and then pulled one out of the bag with a last gasp Hail Mary against the Lions.

I watched all those games and they have the same issues. They're like the reverse Redskins. They started strong and are fading. Their passing game is awful and their run game inconsistent.

They don't frighten me as a team at all at the moment. Especially as we'd be at home.

Not saying we'd definitely beat them, but they are NOT the Packers team of old.

2) I concur.

Secondary needs to improve..... Run game needs consistency....

The Packers lost a slew of players to injury last week against Arizona. Their OL was not that great to begin with, but it was an absolute revolving door in the second half against the Cardinals.

Their wide receivers don't scare anyone and their running game is just OK.

On defense, they bend A LOT.

They don't tackle well, and they don't defend the slot which means Jordan Reed could have a 200 yard game against these guys.

Count me in for the Packers :)

The way things are looking now I'd say it looks like Green Bay but whoever it is they still have to come to FedEx. If both the Skins & Squaks are good enough they'll see each other in the playoffs. I can wait for a revenge game.

Help out the secondary and pressure the QB more. There's always a risk involved with blitzing the QB but the secondary is who they are and they get exposed when the other teams QB gets any amount of time to work with.

Help out the running game with Kory possibly able to come back. That would help out especially for Jones who is a down hill runner and can exploit the hole. And there hasn't been much of a hole since he went down.

Is it too late to add a poll as far as who thinks the 1st round opponent will be?

We can beat all three possibilities. None of them throw up any huge red flags to me. Seattle has been a bugaboo for us, but history doesn't mean shit when you step out on that field. Trent can reintroduce himself to Dick Sherman early to set the tone.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.