• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Wildcard Weekend

The Tucan-Sams have the best chance of winning on the road, IMO. Bringing the NFC Championship game to FedEx.

The Packers lost a slew of players to injury last week against Arizona. Their OL was not that great to begin with, but it was an absolute revolving door in the second half against the Cardinals.

Their wide receivers don't scare anyone and their running game is just OK.

On defense, they bend A LOT.

They don't tackle well, and they don't defend the slot which means Jordan Reed could have a 200 yard game against these guys.

Count me in for the Packers :)

God yes, their O Line is a disaster at the moment.

I think Rodgers was sacked 8 times last week until he was eventually yanked from the game when it got out of hand.

I'd fancy our chances of a good game getting to Rodgers.

Their Defense isn't bad.... but it isn't great either.

Saying all that.... I would love to put it over on the Seahawks. That's a grudgematch I've been waiting for since 2012 when we had a 14 pt lead before the RGIII injury.
I still rue that game sometimes.

Saying all that.... I would love to put it over on the Seahawks. That's a grudgematch I've been waiting for since 2012 when we had a 14 pt lead before the RGIII injury.
I still rue that game sometimes.

Sometimes? That game will eat at my soul until the day I die. That game is one that we should have won, and had we won, I believe in my heart we would have had our latest SB trophy.

The Seahawks sure talked a lot of shit after that game, for getting their asses handed to them consistently before our QB got injured to the point he couldn't go, didn't they? Anyone watching that game who thinks even a semi-healthy Griffin wouldn't have meant a win for us is a liar.

Oh, and not to put too fine a point on it, **** Mike Shanahan.

All three of those QBs (Rodgers, Bridgewater & Wilson) are in the top 5 in the league for getting sacked.

Barry - please blitz whichever of these guys comes to FedEx. And don't stop when it is working.

I do not fear Seattle, they will dread having to come to play at FedEx...they already bitched about the field surface like a bunch of girls the last 2 times they played here. Their OL is weak, Marshawn Lynch will probably never play another down for Seattle, their RB's gained less yards than carries last week, their defense has trouble with big TE's, and if Russell Wilson cannot get a few broken plays to work early, it could mean we finally put that playoff demon to rest.

I think one thing we should consider in our playoff game, Kirk Cousins has playoff experience. It may not have been a good performance coming off the bench to face a defense that was able to tee off on him because we were playing from behind, but he's been there...he knows the pressure. It may not have been from the standpoint of a starting QB, but he has playoff reps.

I do not fear Seattle, they will dread having to come to play at FedEx...they already bitched about the field surface like a bunch of girls the last 2 times they played here. Their OL is weak, Marshawn Lynch will probably never play another down for Seattle, their RB's gained less yards than carries last week, their defense has trouble with big TE's, and if Russell Wilson cannot get a few broken plays to work early, it could mean we finally put that playoff demon to rest.

It's actually not their offense, the Skins need to worry about. It's their #2 ranked defense.
They rank right behind #1 Denver, in almost every category.

It's actually not their offense, the Skins need to worry about. It's their #2 ranked deefense.

It's an over rated defense who has a hard time covering teams with great TE's. Their offense scores points if Russell Wilson gets going early. Put the clamps down on him, we can exploit their defense. We have enough weapons.

It's an over rated defense who has a hard time covering teams with great TE's.

"Over-rated" is a term reserved for human judgment.
But it's not humans that rate the Seahawks so high, it's the numbers. And stats don't lie, especially, if it's across the board.
Every category of defense, whether it's pass yards, rush yards, points, etc, Seattle is right up around 2nd.
If they have trouble covering "great TE's", well, doesn't every team have a hard time against a great one like Reed, ? And that's only one aspect of defense anyway.

It's a defense to be respected. You can't afford to play catch up with them.

Seattle doesn't blitz as much as it might appear. They mostly get tight coverage and then their front line collapses the pocket. Probably the best way to get around that is to keep the passing game short, be patient and still run the ball even though that's tough going. Both times the Rams beat them this year they ran about 50/50 on run & pass plays. They didn't get any great numbers running it but the Squaks did have to account for it. The Rams didn't actually pile on a bunch of yards passing it last week either but went dink & dunk and moved the ball.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.