• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

why we still care

The redskins continue to have a fragile team identity. One poor loss is enough to throw these guys into a funk that lasts weeks.

It's been that way a long time before Shanahan got here, but he has not been able to change it.
Posted via BGO Mobile Device

Did John Elway or Dan Marino ever have premium wide receivers? Did Brady before Moss came along after the 3 titles?

Is this really a question? Others have already mentioned Marino's Marks Brothers. John Elway had Ed McCaffrey and Rod Smith. Neither were all-world, but both were better than anything currently on the Redskins roster. Both ran really precise routes. Also don't forget about some guy named Shannon who caught a few passes when he won the superbowl.

Marino's problem wasn't his receivers - it was the guy behind him. The list of leading rushers in Marino's years with the team could be a random airplane roster - its full of nobodys.

Just because Elway and Marino had better receivers than the current edition of the Redskins is irrelevant to my point.

In fact it indirectly proves my point:

You don't need a HOF or all-pro set of receivers to win if you have an eilte quarterback.

Just because Elway and Marino had better receivers than the current edition of the Redskins is irrelevant to my point.

In fact it indirectly proves my point:

You don't need a HOF or all-pro set of receivers to win if you have an eilte quarterback.

How does Dan Marino never winning the superbowl even with elite WRs prove you don't need elite WRs to win the superbowl? If anything, it proves you need a running game (Elway only won once he got TD).

Why do we still care? Maybe because we fear letting go, the void would be too big.
To me, the Washington Redskins are the last link to my youth.

I think back to Sunday afternoons with my Dad watching John Riggins disappear into a pile and then emerge from the other side dragging a defender and looking back at my Dad and at the same time we said: How'd he do that??

Or watching Downtown Charlie Brown before the snap at the line of scrimmage and it looked like his arms were so long they touched the ground.

I remember thinking every Sunday we have a very good chance to win and the majority of the time, we did.

Then I watch now, as we wander the NFL wilderness and stumble around, trying to find our way........and after 20 years, feel soooo burned out emotionally from it all.

I've even toyed with the idea of canceling the Sunday Ticket and try to just get away from any and all Redskins boards....or packing my gear up and shoving it to the back of the closet and have some of the same thoughts:

What will I do on Sunday afternoons? My son is 4. He's already singing Hail to the Wedskins and tells me he wants to watch the Good Guys.

He even boos when he sees the Star. And it only confounds me more.

I need to get away but for some reason I can't. Sometimes I think, if I'm not miserable then I haven't watched them play recently. lol

It's in the DNA. :elvis:

Nice write up brother. Neil Olkewicz. Love the man, love the name. Old school, hard as nails LB's that Richie Petibon molded into TOUGH units. Guys like Kurt Gouivea (still my fave Skin of all-time BTW)...

<sigh>

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.