• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

why we still care

Actually, Clark was drafted. In the USFL Supplemental Draft.

But I know what you mean.

Yes, he was, by the Patriots. The Redskins traded a 3rd round draft pick to NE for him.

From TheHogs.net.

Prior to the 1984 NFL season, a USFL Supplemental Draft was held. Sanders was selected 16th overall in the first round by the New England Patriots. The Redskins were so intrigued by his performance in the USFL that they deemed him worthy of a 3rd round pick in the 1987 NFL Draft. The Redskins acquired the 23-year old's NFL rights from New England and signed him on August 11th, 1986.

http://www.thehogs.net/History/legends/ricky-sanders.html

According to that piece, he was drafted by NE in 1984 and traded to the Redskins in 1986.

dont argue with stats nerds about stats, those guys will mess you up lol. thats why I love this site and I don't argue about that stuff with guys who are like friggin encyclopoedias.

Stats nerd? That's funny. How about able to conduct a Google search? :)

According to that piece, he was drafted by NE in 1984 and traded to the Redskins in 1986.
Stats nerd? That's funny. How about able to conduct a Google search? :)

I did. And even Ricky's Wiki page conflicts that.
No mention of him ever being a Patriot, but they list all his other teams, which is interesting considering your stats say he was actually there for 2 years.
They even have him still in the USFL in 1985, the year after he was supposedly drafted by the NFL :

# Houston Gamblers (USFL) (1984-1985)
# Washington Redskins (1986-1993)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ricky_Sanders

You take wiki, I'll take pro football reference.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/S/SandRi00.htm

Drafted by the New England Patriots in the 1st round (16th overall) of the 1984 NFL Supplemental Draft.

I find no info that says he ever actually played for the Pats. But then again, I never made that argument either.

Chris was right, and the stats nerd comment was teasing Serv who takes great pride in his stat nerdery. nobody said he played for the Pats, he was drafted by them but then traded to the skins before playing a game as far as I can remember (not motivated enough to google at the moment) so no he wouldnt put anything on his bio about playing for the patsies.

I'm not arguing with you, I'm just saying it's amazing how wiki could have ****ed up his profile so badly. Not just by leaving out 2 years of playing with the Patsies, but saying he was a Houston Gambler in the USFL in 1985, when he was actually at NE the ENTIRE year.

Serv,

Obviously we've found other good WRs since drafting Art Monk. My point was that we haven't been able to find that centerpiece to a WR corps, that guy that you draft and then fill the spots around, since drafting Monk.

Moss isn't that guy. He would have been a GREAT second WR all these years. If we'd been able to draft that top guy, he'd have made our WR corps elite. But he's not The Guy. I think the closest we've been able to get to that kind of player since Monk left is Henry Ellard, but he was 33 when we got him.

I mean when you think about our inability to find a franchise QB and then add to that our inability to find a franchise WR ... it's just downright depressing.

*SIGH* :kick_can: That's all I've got left nowadays.

Did John Elway or Dan Marino ever have premium wide receivers? Did Brady before Moss came along after the 3 titles?

If you have the quarterback you can win with solid professional receivers who are not stars.
Posted via BGO Mobile Device

Marino had the Marks brothers, as they were called, Mark Clayton and Mark Duper.

Irving Friar wasn't bad either.

Last edited:
Did John Elway or Dan Marino ever have premium wide receivers? Did Brady before Moss came along after the 3 titles?

If you have the quarterback you can win with solid professional receivers who are not stars.
Posted via BGO Mobile Device
Marino had the Marks brothers, as they were called, Mark Clayton and Mark Duper.

Yea, how can you not be a "star" when you have a nickname like "Super Duper" ?

I am watching the games and still going the the Seattle Game on 11/27/2011 but I have become numb to the Redskins. I was not really up for the game last Sunday and was not too upset when the lost.

After all the heartbreak since 1991 I have come to expect it!

:cry:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.