• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Who Wins? Redskins at Saints

Who Wins The Season Opener?

• Redskins by 3 pts or less

Votes: 7 18.4%
  • Saints by 3 pts or less

Votes: 3 7.9%
  • Redskins by 7 or more

Votes: 8 21.1%
  • Saints by 7 or more

Votes: 18 47.4%
  • Redskins in a blowout

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Saints in a blowout

Votes: 2 5.3%

• Total voters
Exactly! That's the spirit, Boone!

I agree... I think we could steal one but I'm not going in "expecting" a win, just going in rooting for my boys and being glad football season is upon us.

Now Lanky.. about your sig.. it's almost like a eulogy.. there's a news report that Cooley and the Redskins are gonna sit down and talk next week... they have open lines of communication; he's not gone... I hope ::grin::

A new era of 3am starts is almost upon me, but come the first Sunday of October, daylight savings time commences down here, so that means 4am starts (for 1pm games).

I might even get the occasional luck and have the 'Skins play on TV. However, this week we get Chicago v Indi (at 3am), Packers v 49ers (at 6am) and finish up with Denver v Steelers at 10.15am. All games are live, so I can't ask for scores and place a wager! So, this week I'm resigned to logging in to GameCentre. Hope things have improved over last season!

I picked us to lose in NFL Pickem - which I have a hard time doing - but it's impossible to give the Skins a nod using any kind of logical approach.

That almost certainly means we take this one :)

I subscribe to your reverse logic too! The secret of winning pickem is to pick the upsets. And reverse logic dictates Skins win and is the #1 upset pick. (although I also picked them to lose).

There's more than just the game on the line. Maybe the whole season. If the Saints are the best in the NFC, then a Skins victory would make the whole media world say...."did I predict 5? I meant to say 12 wins". The bandwagon will be overloaded after one game.

Last edited:
It's cliche, but if we can win the turnover battle we have a shot. We need to force a couple of turnovers and likely will need a special teams or defense touchdown to be the difference between a win or a loss.

I say a Josh Wilson INT deep in Saints' territory is the difference as the Redskins pull off the 27-21 victory

Chris Russell (980's insider) hears that Cundiff had a bad week of practice.

:twitch: <- Me trying to predict a Skins win after the last 20 years.

Wish it were later in the year but it's not. Saints by 11.

Ok, so, I admit it. I was wrrroooong. I'm here to atone and repent.

10's are wild and we've got a full house. :)

It is always possible, of course, that I will be proven wrong and the Redskins will make it super-close or even pull out a win.

Let me rephrase that.

I would absolutely love the hell out of being proven wrong in this case. :)

Yup-love the absolute hell out of being wrong.

Yes, indeed.

HTTR. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.