• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Who do you hire for Defensive Cooridinator?

I really think we're at a point where there are three types of coaches in the NFL. Those that hate Lord Farquaad due to past experience and wouldn't work for him to save the life of their firstborn child - quite a few of those. The second type is the guy who falls somewhere along the spectrum of awful to awsome and wouldn't work for us because he can still get a job with another team, whether as a coach, waterboy or cleaning the toilets. The third type is the guy who's so desperate for a job, any job that he has no reputation/career to kill and hence is willing to suffer the indignity of working for Lord Farquaad. None of the prospects mentioned in this thread so far fall into that last category so the sad reality is that the're out of reach for us. And by out of reach I don't mean there's just a remote chance, I mean they're here to us.

A head coaching gig in the NFL with an owner that's willing to spend is an awesome job, and you guys are fooling yourself if you think there aren't a bunch of guys that wouldn't jump at the chance. I'm certain there are some that wouldn't want the headache but there is a long line of people that will take the job. Personally I've given Gruden the benefit of doubt due to the dumpster fire he inherited. I thought Gruden wouldn't lose the team like Shanahan.
After last week I'm doubting him. Maybe we just got out played by a better team...that doesn't wash away my despair when I look at the wasted picks we have in Moses and Long. These losses go down better with getting some production out of those guys. If they aren't ready now?

Of course it is. Almost anyone would love to have that job. However anyone worth having, now that's a horse of a completely different color. Snyder got a reboot when he stepped out of the picture and let Shanny run things. After all the shenanigans with Robert, from the expenditure of a king's ransom in draft picks to the favoritism and now backing Robert over the desires of his first year coach, the chances are good we're done in the minds of any coach worth his salt.

Please hire me for 5 years guaranteed. Then fire me after the first season and pay me.

Greatest job in the league lol.

If it's true that Harbaugh is out, maybe we could get Vic Fangio,their current DC?

If it's true that Harbaugh is out, maybe we could get Vic Fangio,their current DC?

Shit, maybe we can get Harbaugh and Fangio.... Can Gruden, and move on to the next act of this Greek Tragedy we call an organization.

Please hire me for 5 years guaranteed. Then fire me after the first season and pay me.

Greatest job in the league lol.

There's no such thing as '5 years guaranteed'. I am willing to bet there are some *stipulations* in that contract that give Snyder some options if things aren't working out. He can also make Gruden so miserable (he looks halfway there already) that he willingly gives up the last 3 or 4 years of his contract.

I'm not sure that's the case. Tandler and Keim both say he's on the hook for five.

Now I imagine there is some clause in the event of drug addiction or something along those lines, but not for a crappy record. Heck, they didn't even go after Shanny for anything like conduct detrimental to the team.

I would guess that most, if not all of the contracts are at least four years in length to let the coach know that he'll have time to bring in his players.

As far as making the coach miserable, the owners walk a fine line. Do it too badly, and you run the risk of scaring off a good candidate.

Now you're making me laugh - scare off coaches? I think that ship has sailed! Trust me, I don't care how good the money is, no coach is going to stay in this kind of miserable environment for long, certainly not for 4 more years. Gruden can't even take the heat from the press - forget about the kind of heat Snyder can put on him (and soon will if he hasn't already).

Gruden looks all the world like a terrible hire. If he had any answers at all, I'd be willing to give him the benefit of the doubt. But he looks absolutely clueless. So much for our hero.

And actually, it's pretty rare for a first time head coach to get a long-term deal. Of course, the Redskins go that route. Because our franchise is run by idiots.

Any coach who doesn't demand, and exercise, final say on who starts/plays is an idiot. They also absolve Snyder of any fault.

You guys wanna kick the cripple? Go ahead. If Dan "The Boogerman" Snyder is pulling all the decision strings, then the fault lies 100% with the puppets.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.