• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Which QB?

Who will the Redskins add to their roster at QB heading into the 2012 season?

• Andrew Luck

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Robert Griffin III

Votes: 21 60.0%
  • Peyton Manning

Votes: 3 8.6%
  • Kyle Orton

Votes: 3 8.6%
  • Matt Flynn

Votes: 1 2.9%
  • Ryan Tannehill

Votes: 2 5.7%
  • Nick Foles

Votes: 1 2.9%
  • Brandon Weeden

• Someone else

• Total voters

Boone

The Commissioner
Staff member
BGO Ownership Group
Reaction score
Military Branch
Marine Corps
Alma Mater
Virginia
Who will the Redskins add to their roster at QB heading into the 2012 season?

I have to believe we will go after RGIII hard.

And when Dan Snyder goes hard, he usually gets his man.

I have to believe we will go after RGIII hard.

And when Dan Snyder goes hard, he usually gets his man.

Ok. So, a) we need a taken out of context thread. And b) I have a sinking feeling it will be Peyton.

I voted the "non sexy" pick Kyle Orton but my reasoning is sound. I think their is a very good chance that the Skins add two quarterbacks this offseason. Peyton is a possibility although very slight in my opinion. If we miss on him I am confident we will sign Orton and then draft a QB. Could be RG3 if we trade up or could be Tannehill or another guy later on but I think Orton is almost a sure thing.

Ideally we get Orton in Free Agency to cover ourselves but then trade up and get RG3.

I hope it is 2 of those choices when the time comes.

Orton/Tannehill

I say that with the realization that we probably won't get Flynn, but I want him.

In my completely out of left field pick - Andrew Luck. Irsay goes with the ferrari instead of Maybach so he chooses RG3 crushing everyone in Redskins' land dream. He wants to sell tickets.

Edit: And wouldn't it be something if Luck and Manning ended up in Washington? :laugh:

Last edited:
Yes.

I think that would definitely meet the qualifications of *something* :)

not advocating this.....but I bet we end up drafting Weden.

Very possible. He looked good at the Senior Bowl and apparently got along well with the Redskins staff.
Posted via BGO Mobile Device

Like some others have said, I think we'll get 2 off this list.

My prediction is, Manning/Tannehill.

Now, this is not necessarily my "want", just my prediction.

My "want" is QB play that leads to a Championship. And I don't give a hoot in hell how/where he comes from. As long as it isn't some low-life scum bag piece of **** like Mike Vick, I'll be in his corner.

I'm also pretty sure they plan to add a free agent veteran as well as a high draft pick.

At this point it looks to me as if it'll be Orton as a free agent, and ether RGIII or Tannehill, depending on how much it will take to trade up. I think that if there's significant competition for the pick to get RGIII, and the price gets too high, they'll back out and go Tannehill later.

With RGIII, Orton hopefully would quickly become a backup. With Tannehill, Orton becomes an upgrade over Grossman as the bridge to Tannehill, while Tannehill learns.

I chose RGIII in the poll because I'd have to think that he's their number one plan. It may not work out that way, but he's got to be their preference.

Last edited:
Their are a lot of Redskin fans that don't like Tannehill. I for one like him quite a bit. I think he has a ton of upside. Strong arm, great intangibles, good size and I think he could be a really good QB. He is very raw so that is why I would bring in a QB like Orton.

Voted RG3. Don't be surprised if we sign Manning as well - even if we draft 3.

I just think if we pick up Manning we should use our first round pick on a weapon or a offensive lineman.

If we don't have Manning or Flynn by the draft (RG3) , I think Rex Grossman will return... and we use our 2nd on Tannehill or maybe we see a definite something in Russell Wilson and grab him with one of our 4th rounders. Personally I don't mind if we wait until 2013 for our franchise QB... the talent is just as good for the system we run.

Matt Barkley, Landry Jones, Tyler Wilson and possibly a winner with E. J. Manuel... the latter I think may be a freak of an athlete.

I voted RG3 - it will either be him or Luck, depending on which direction the Colts go.

fansince62 said:
not advocating this.....but I bet we end up drafting Weden.

Lance Zierlein, well-respected football reporter in Houston recently did a mock draft. He has the Redskins taking Blackmon at 6 overall, then taking Weeden in the 2nd round. There is definitely something to be said for chemistry! This would be the only scenario I'd like to see us take Weeden; he might be the type of QB who needs a big-play WR to succeed.

I know a lot of A&M guys here in Houston, and almost all of them say the same thing about Tannehill: the guy is great until the 4th quarter, when you can almost always count on him doing something stupid to cost them the game.

Sounds a lot like Sexy Rexy!

If RG3 and PM18 both end up on the Redskins roster, we just need to hire Al Pacino as head coach and we'll be the real-life "Any Given Sunday." Ha!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.