• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

What was your favorite cereal growing up?

Boone

The Commissioner
Staff member
BGO Ownership Group
Reaction score
Military Branch
Marine Corps
Alma Mater
Virginia
I suspect it will depend on your 'era' but curious... In my era, Moms were reluctant to give their kids the good stuff - i.e. anything loaded with sugar. So we got handed bowls of stuff called 'Kix' which was a criminal act because while it sounded like 'Trix', it had no taste and certainly no sugar. We also were forced to eat 'Rice Puffs' which literally was just puffed rice with no sugar. And the dreaded 'Shredded Wheat' (pre-frosted). Man - my house was the cereal desert of America.

When I was a very little guy, I guess I was so charming they gave me something called 'Rice Honeys' (they were kind of an early 'Sugar Smacks') and I even had a little bowl and spoon with the mascot 'Buffalo Bee' on it.

I used to beg to spend the night at friends houses, mostly because I knew their derelict moms bought all the good **** and we could gorge ourselves into insulin overload when we woke up on Saturday morning, necessary fuel for as we watched 5 straight hours of cartoons.

When I got a little older, and my Mom lost control of the cereal choices in our house, I often jones-ed for 'Life' cereal (why so serious?), 'Raisin Bran', and 'Apple Jacks'. Those might seem like pretty pedestrian cereal choices to most, but hey - it was exciting heady food after all that plain damn shredded wheat :)

So what kind of cereal dreams do you have? What sugary visage rises up from the depths of your unconsciousness as you sleep to haunt and torment you? Or do you still imbibe and indulge in cereal as an adult, rolling like Jerry Seinfeld.

I gots to know. And someone run out and get us some more milk.

with, or without crunchberries? :)

When I was a kid my mom was much like most. I was allowed Total, raisin bran, or if it was a treat honey nut cheerios.

I can remember going to my friends house to stay the night and just being so excited for whatever cereal they had for breakfast!

We allow our kids to have the "sugary cereals" but its funny to me that my older one loves my raisin bran. He calls it "daddy cereal" and has a bowl a day usually.

Oh boi, do I have to narrow it to one?

Saturday mornings we were at my grandmothers so Shredded Wheat or Corn Flakes were OK with us, because we were allowed a teaspoon of sugar. My grandmother was always about moderation, not elimination.

At mom's house? Early on it was Shredded Wheat like gramma, but eventually we got what we wanted...

Haha!

...alway, Frosted Flakes , Apple Jacks, and Crunch Berries in the house. She was a single mom so she just didn't have the time to fight us on it, and it was nothing for us to walk to the grocery store at 7 or 8. We lived a block away.

As I got a little older, I ate healthier so I ate granola filled cereals.

today? If I had to narrow it to one, it would be Crunch Berries w/ Apple Jacks a very close second.

Then: Fruity Pebbles
Now: Kellogg’s Special K w/red berries

Growing up I'd have to say Golden Grahams, now, I couldn't even tell you the last time I had cereal

I had Elf cereal this morning. Made with maple syrup!!

With spaghetti?

I am clearly the boring one here. As a kid I loved Shreddies. Plain as plain can be. I remember wanting to like things like Fruit Loops and my mom would buy a box for me just to prove that I wouldn't like them. Even to this day I will eat the plainest cereals like regular Cheerios and Corn Flakes. Sugar has never been my thing...I much prefer salt.

Yep, we had Kix and Cheerios and Rice Krispies. I would add sugar to all of them because... I like flavor?

I always loved plain old Cheerios with a banana sliced up with them. I mean - nectar of the Gods. I still love that shizz.

Unfortunately, we got Kix with no sugar. That should be grounds for calling child protective services if you ask me.

Kix, you talking bout Kix, actually loved it as a kid especially since it was grape nuts and milk most days

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.