• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

What Position Do the Redskins Draft at #34?

What Position Do the Redskins Draft at #34?

• It's the Defense Dummy! DB

Votes: 1 2.9%
  • Save Robert! OL

Votes: 18 52.9%
  • Crush! Kill! Destroy! Passrush! DL

• London Calling...LB

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ball Catcher Bonanza. WR

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • It's the Talent Stoopid! BPA

Votes: 6 17.6%
  • Commitment to Excellence! BKA (best kicker available)

• More Picks Please! Skins Trade Down

Votes: 7 20.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Boone

The Commissioner
Staff member
BGO Ownership Group
Reaction score
Military Branch
Marine Corps
Alma Mater
Virginia
The Redskins, minus the headline-grabbing DeSean Jackson move, have been pretty conservative and deliberate in their off-season moves. They've added some talent, but still have a lot of holes. Without a first round pick again, the Redskins make their first selection just outside the first round with a 2nd round pick, the 34th overall.

Which direction do you see them going with that crucial first pick?

Definitely BPA, with the recognition that need is a significant factor in determining BPA. There are so many way the first 33 picks could go, there's no telling who will be available at 34, not to mention the trade talks between the time the first round ends Thursday night and the second round begins Friday evening.

My hope is that long term starters at right tackle, inside linebacker, and/or cornerback are found by the Redskins in this draft. If one turns out to be chosen with the 34th pick, I'll be happy.

I'd bet the farm on a big ugly; I voted OL, but it could easily be DL as well. Gruden understands the importance of building from the lines out, and will do so in DC.

I voted trade down - only because I believe it's likely, with all of the 'playmaker' talent at WR, teams desperate for a QB, etc..that great talent will go deeper in the draft than usual. I think, particularly since we are likely looking for an OT with our first pick, that we might be able to move down 10 or 15 spots and still 'get our guy', particularly if some of the hyped players fall to the early 2nd round. We might get lucky and stock up on additional picks while still getting the guy we were after all along.

On the other hand - if one of our 'top rated', 'must have' guys is there at 34, we have to grab him.

How's that for a definitive position? :)

I voted trade down - only because I believe it's likely, with all of the 'playmaker' talent at WR, teams desperate for a QB, etc..that great talent will go deeper in the draft than usual. I think, particularly since we are likely looking for an OT with our first pick, that we might be able to move down 10 or 15 spots and still 'get our guy', particularly if some of the hyped players fall to the early 2nd round. We might get lucky and stock up on additional picks while still getting the guy we were after all along.

On the other hand - if one of our 'top rated', 'must have' guys is there at 34, we have to grab him.

How's that for a definitive position? :)

...yes sir sounds good...i just hope we grt a guy that can contribute right away

Sent from my XOOM 2 using Tapatalk

me...IMO...I agree we have to get Robert protection on the right side or center...but I have allways believed that great defense wins championships, just saying..i said that to say this, we haven't had a defensive guy in a while that scared the hell out of Quarterbacks and wide recievers...that offensive coordinators had to try to plan around ..which would limit sometimes what offenses are able to do...I think we need to find a great DB...safety. .if there is a guy like that in this draft...I don't know...but even a hidden gem for the defense...I guess I'm just wishing .....but a great player at pick 34 that can come in and start right away ....BPA..

I find that option so unpalateable, I refuse to offer it up as a possibility. Owner's prerogative :)

Based on OP's question: "Which direction do you see them going with that crucial first pick?" I voted OL. They have interviewed a lot of them - where they might be looking at them in the draft order I don't know but they sure do seem to have an emphasis there and have put in much time and effort into evaluation. Anyway, that is the direction I see them going.

That being said; can't disagree with anyone's arguments above - there are just too many 'what ifs' and not enough control by the Redskins. They just have to wait and see what happens between #1 through #33 and go from there.

'What If' there is only one tackle left on your list @ #34 - probably better grab him (although see below)
'What If' Jimmie Ward is still there @ #34 - I'd grab him and worry about a tackle later.
'What If' there are multiple guys still around on your list - draft down (if you can find a dance partner) and take one of those guys (hopefully someone is still there)

So I guess I am saying BPA that fills a need. They are going to have a day to digest the first round before they make their move @#34.

was just watching Jimmie Ward highlights if he is there should we take him ......@34.....or is he better than Lamarcus Joyner from FL.State....some people projecting Joyner in the third round....

Trade down if at all possible and spread around the O-line and front 7. If nobody wants to dance go BRTA like Fear & BB said. Time to get our 'Jansen' again!

BPA, unless it's not a position of need. Then trade down if you can, and go BPA.

I line up w/CarolinaSkin.

- Defense is shortest on talent.

- They signed Hatcher.

Issues

- very weak secondary

- ILB replacements

In a pass happy league...with teams signing players like Sproles to put even greater numbers in the passing grid.....I'm thinking secondary. Safety or DB.

Note to self: they can find a RT in the 3rd rnd or wait for post draft Summer cuts/waivers.

Right Tackle

More offense makes the defense better.

agreed..the defense needs to be able to rest longer than they were allowed to last year.

It isn't just that. More points by our offense, especially early in games, will help to put pressure on the opposition offense and make them more predictable. That puts our defense in a better position.

the defense needs more talent than the offense does. whether rested or not...if you can't cover or pass rush you're still going to be crushed.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.