• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

What Did We Find Out?

Goaldeje

The Legend
Reaction score
Alma Mater
James Madison
I need some help. Stuck in MS with the Rams/Niners game on instead of the geographically closer Jags. Whatever. Anyway, did not see the game, I see the stats on game center, but don't have any feel at all for things aside from the result. So help me out, what did I miss? What did we learn from this game? Positives? Negatives?
Posted via BGO Mobile Device

Grossman is not the future

We're so sorry, we can't even position ourselves in the draft correctly

Grossman played fine if you ask me. He had very little time today, had numerous passes dropped (mostly by Cooley) and a called interception that wasn't one. Overall, I'd say he did enough to keep us in the game. You have to wonder again why the Redskins didn't pound the ball more. Torain was averaging 5+ yards/carry for most of the game and when we did commit to the run, we had sustained drives. One think I'll say about Grossman is, he doesn't have the arm strength to be super effective on the roll-out passes (which we called a number of today). When he doesn't make an immediate read and throw, and has to run and throw, he struggles. In the pocket today, he played pretty well.

Grossman is not the future

We're so sorry, we can't even position ourselves in the draft correctly

I gotta say this is disappointing! Sarge, I am one of your biggest defenders! I respect your service to this nation, your dismay for our losing ways and your disdain for little Danny. But you are rooting for your team to lose?

What kind of fan wishes for their team to lose regardless of where it will land them in the draft order? I'm sorry but that's just not me! I don't care where we draft, I always want us to win!

As far as the draft goes, we stand no chance at Luck, if he decides to come out. Cam Newton should not be an option since we don't need another potential head case with character issues. We have too many holes to fill in just one draft so whether we draft at 8 or 12 in this year's draft doesn't really matter.

Root against your team so you might have a chance to draft a better player? Absurd!

Goaldeje, you asked about this game and I got off on a tangent. I think the one thing this game showed is the younger players seem to be much hungrier than the veterans they replaced today. Bryant had a good game, Rob Jackson had a good game. Stephon Heyer still sucks! Trent Williams showed some rookie mistakes but is going to be the LT Chris Samuels was for us for a long time. Rex did not play bad, but he looked nothing like last week. Barnes and Harris at the Safety positions filled in decently. Buchanon made some boneheaded plays but had a couple of key tackles. Cooley had some key drops and I think should have been benched in the 2nd half, but he ended up making osme nice plays in the 2nd half.

I like Boone's assessment in the 10 Surprises he wrote up. All around they showed the grit and determination I said the Jaguars have shown all year in my blognostication. I was happy with the overall performance of the team today.

its not about rooting to lose, but accepting that always being .500 isnt good for us. sometimes you gotta take the pain and honestly I would rather lose out the rest of this season when we know we arent gonna win anything real anyway than salve our pride and end up mediocre for another decade.

its not about rooting to lose, but accepting that always being .500 isnt good for us. sometimes you gotta take the pain and honestly I would rather lose out the rest of this season when we know we arent gonna win anything real anyway than salve our pride and end up mediocre for another decade.

If...and that is a big if...we were looking at the top pick in the draft and a loss would secure that spot, maybe. But we are looking at the difference bewteen 9 and 11. You are not going to see someone so dramatically better at 9 than you will 11 that would support rooting for a loss, or accepting a loss as you put it.

I wrote a Hail! Magazine article that comes out tomorrow about that very dilemma. Regardless of the dilemma, I won't ever hope to lose, it's only a consolation that if we do, our draft position improves.

I dont HOPE to lose, I just accept that right now its better for us to lose. and I would rather lose a few games that dont matter in order to win some later on.

Ry...you know this team doesn't ascribe to the "improving thru the draft" strategy...so I think your implied criticism is off the mark.

Well we learned that there a some guys on this team that will fight hard and play wit hheart even if they're out of the playoff race. You'd expect this from the young guys fighting for jobs, but the older guys like Fletcher, Carter, and Holiday showed a lot of heart and class in my opinion.

For me, I would much rather win and move down a little in the draft. I don't think we'll be high enough for Luck anyways, and I don't want to see the Skins make a reach pick around the 5th or 6th for another QB like Newton.

No, I'd rather seem them be around 10th in the draft and try to really bolster the lines.

Grossman played fine if you ask me. He had very little time today, had numerous passes dropped (mostly by Cooley) and a called interception that wasn't one. Overall, I'd say he did enough to keep us in the game. You have to wonder again why the Redskins didn't pound the ball more. Torain was averaging 5+ yards/carry for most of the game and when we did commit to the run, we had sustained drives. One think I'll say about Grossman is, he doesn't have the arm strength to be super effective on the roll-out passes (which we called a number of today). When he doesn't make an immediate read and throw, and has to run and throw, he struggles. In the pocket today, he played pretty well.

he doesn't have downfield arm strength either. we finally get to see him against a quality defense next week.

Ry...you know this team doesn't ascribe to the "improving thru the draft" strategy...so I think your implied criticism is off the mark.

you know Al sometimes I want to punch you so much, its always when you say something that is correct and that I have no argument for lmao.

I should use the caveat *as long as we dont stupidly trade away all of our draft picks, its better for us to pick higher than lower.

GSF- doesnt it burn that we will have to trade one of the best core redskins we have had here in a decade in Carter for way less than he is worth because he doesnt fit the same stupid scheme that doesnt fit Fletch either? so thats 2 guys who I believe are what SHOULD be core redskins, turned into high priced benchwarmers or forced to play in bad spots and next year probably traded for late round draft picks. so no until Shannahan admits he screwed up and fixes it, I still feel no hope, anthony robbins can motivate people and we didnt pay him 7 million to bring us a contender.

Everytime, one of those guys makes plays on heart and passion and doesnt give up, its a direct indictment on the stupidity of this switch, just like AH playing very well in a spot role showed how stupid we were being as a team.

It's unbelievable how many folks think draft position matters that much.

It's WHO you draft, not WHERE you draft, that matters. This has been, and always will be the case.

It's WHO you draft, not WHERE you draft, that matters. This has been, and always will be the case.

it's not the WHO...it's the strategy. the better teams like NE know how to play the game year in and year out. further, it's not a single variant decision process.

higher picks signal two things: your previous strategy didn't work (can we think of a specific team in this instance?)....you have more options/control. the strategic goal is maximum value over whatever time period the decision-makers select. stating WHO a teams selects matters most amounts to a tautology. yes...better is preferred to worse. but that is not the same thing as maximizing TOTAL return from a draft.

do the Skins have a strategy? and did it work? yes "too soon to tell"...but...based on the 2010 draft...only one bona fide starter (TW). and the picks traded for established players did not material into much (McNabb, Carricker). Jarmon wasn't bad, but didn't do much either.

Last edited by a moderator:
Because of too many variables to predict, draft position ensures nothing.

OK ax stay with me here.

if I have a draft pick and want to pick the guy who my staff has told me is the best fit for MY team and system, and someone picks him before I can, thats bad.

we can sit here in hindsight and say " oh that was a bad pick because a guy picked after him was a better player" but dont forget, almost 80% of NFL front offices thought Ryan Leaf would be a better pro than Peyton manning and several analysts said the Colts made a mistake, how did that turn out? it easy to look like a genius in hindsight.

bottom line earlier is bettter, it puts us in the driver seat to go after the players we want rather than the ones who are left. now will we pick the best players? remains to be seen.

if I have a draft pick and want to pick the guy who my staff has told me is the best fit for MY team and system, and someone picks him before I can, thats bad.

ya think?!!!

per another post...I advocate trading all our high picks for 7th round picks: we load up on picks, it costs less...and it doesn't matter!

ya think?!!!

per another post...I advocate trading all our high picks for 7th round picks: we load up on picks, it costs less...and it doesn't matter!

I saw that and lold. I just dont see how anyone could possibly be arguing that your draft spot doesnt matter, lmao. of course you need to make the right picks but unless you have the picks you cant make the right one and a chance is better than no chance

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.