• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

What Did We Find Out?

anywho...Ax.....I await your off-season plan. As Skins' fans...we should all be pretty accomplished at this by now!!!!

Winning breeds winning, regardless of the circumstance. Losing is never a viable option. This team has a culture of losing bred over many, many years. Every win tips the scales a little, regardless of the meaning of the game. Keep the wins coming. Good things will follow.

that's debatable.

the run to 9-7 and a playoff berth in 2007 wasn't any rock to build a foundation for the future and by the next season the club was finishing up 2-6.

after finishing 10-6 in 2005, the club slumped all the way back to 5-11 in 2006 and had a defense that was almost as bad as the one Haslett and Shanahan have put out on the field in 2011.

it's not winning or losing but HOW you are operating as an organization that matters.

I would rather be a team like St. Louis that has taken its lumps but now has some significant pieces to the puzzle in place and is trending upward after 2-14, then an aging team that has to struggle to get to 8 or 9 wins with uncertainty about the talent returning the next year.

that's debatable.

the run to 9-7 and a playoff berth in 2007 wasn't any rock to build a foundation for the future and by the next season the club was finishing up 2-6.

after finishing 10-6 in 2005, the club slumped all the way back to 5-11 in 2006 and had a defense that was almost as bad as the one Haslett and Shanahan have put out on the field in 2011.

it's not winning or losing but HOW you are operating as an organization that matters.

I would rather be a team like St. Louis that has taken its lumps but now has some significant pieces to the puzzle in place and is trending upward after 2-14, then an aging team that has to struggle to get to 8 or 9 wins with uncertainty about the talent returning the next year.

There needs to be some consideration for the inordinate amount of injuries we suffered in 2006.

Not saying your wrong about the organizational issues this team has, but I believe Gibbs II would have had more success, especially in 2006 had we not experienced all those injuries that season. If I remember correctly our defense was decimated as well as our offensive line.

A lot of times injuries are in part due to age and the accumulation of prior hits/injuries.

Yes, you can have guys like Landry and Orakpo that are young get dinged as well but who is really surprised that Clinton Portis at 29 and with his history the past 3 years or Philip Daniels at 37 with his recent injury history went down?

You can add Kemoeatu (32), Josh Bidwell (34) and Jammal Brown (30) to that list.

yup ,and when you fill your roster with aging journeymen, they often will get dinged up.

its just funny that nobody really noticed how much better the oline is on paper this year when making their comparisons. Levi jones and Heyer are not as good as williams and brown.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.