• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

What are your Hobbies??

I love the idea on the boxed rolls!! Oh, my dad found a full coffee can of 1800's and early 1900's change that was sitting in a closet at my grandfathers old house. That should be a fun dig!

I love the idea on the boxed rolls!! Oh, my dad found a full coffee can of 1800's and early 1900's change that was sitting in a closet at my grandfathers old house. That should be a fun dig!
That's insane. I wish I could score something like that. Anything is possible though. Perfect example - I got a metal detector for Christmas that I still haven't been able to use because it's been extremely cold or raining since I got it. I have been spending the down time researching things and found out Virginia Beach and Chesapeake are two of only about a dozen cities in the country that allow you to do metal detecting wherever you please, as long as you don't go on private property without permission. The good thing about that, is there is a lot of old history in this area, and a lot of people way back when didn't trust the government, so they buried all their coins and jewelry. Out in the country areas here, there are a lot of old abandoned houses that you need no permission to detect on the land around the house. So I'm hoping to at least hit a mini jackpot at some point. Better yet, as nasty as it sounds, I wish I could find out some info on where these old places had their outhouses, because a lot of people buried stuff in there. I'd gladly dig through petrified turds to score a can full of gold and silver :laugh:

That's insane. I wish I could score something like that. Anything is possible though. Perfect example - I got a metal detector for Christmas that I still haven't been able to use because it's been extremely cold or raining since I got it. I have been spending the down time researching things and found out Virginia Beach and Chesapeake are two of only about a dozen cities in the country that allow you to do metal detecting wherever you please, as long as you don't go on private property without permission. The good thing about that, is there is a lot of old history in this area, and a lot of people way back when didn't trust the government, so they buried all their coins and jewelry. Out in the country areas here, there are a lot of old abandoned houses that you need no permission to detect on the land around the house. So I'm hoping to at least hit a mini jackpot at some point. Better yet, as nasty as it sounds, I wish I could find out some info on where these old places had their outhouses, because a lot of people buried stuff in there. I'd gladly dig through petrified turds to score a can full of gold and silver :laugh:

I've been seriously considering getting a good metal detector, I think I could find tins on my Dad's farm land. If you know of a good brand that is reasonable price I'd be grateful!

My Dad said (and my Grandfather verified) that every once in a while back in the 40's, folks would find a gold coin in the mud along side of the road. That road was once the only way to get to a mill. It was always very muddy and ended up very wide as wagons and horses would venture further to the side to avoid the deep mud (my road growing up was named MudMill Rd).

I would just freaking LOVE to find some of the gold!

I've been seriously considering getting a good metal detector, I think I could find tins on my Dad's farm land. If you know of a good brand that is reasonable price I'd be grateful!

My Dad said (and my Grandfather verified) that every once in a while back in the 40's, folks would find a gold coin in the mud along side of the road. That road was once the only way to get to a mill. It was always very muddy and ended up very wide as wagons and horses would venture further to the side to avoid the deep mud (my road growing up was named MudMill Rd).

I would just freaking LOVE to find some of the gold!
I'm not in the house right now, but I'll post the info and price when I am.

looks like my "hobby" of installing kitchen cabinets, doing hardwood floors, mason work, and custom carpentry is going to start back in overtime next week.
It sounds like you may have an unintentional hobby. Like me being a "mechanic" :laugh:

Mike, if you just want to practice some cabinet work, you know to get the rhythm back, you're more than welcome to come up here and redo mine.

My new hobby is about to be target shooting again. Just picked this little rock up and am itching to get back into shooting again. Lots of team competition shoots around here too!

157088_606726562671795_1469386121_n.jpg

SS, here's a link for the metal detector I was telling you about. At the time I got mine, Amazon had it on sale for $100 off list price. Even now, they still list it at around $75 off. I like it, because it has a digital readout that tells you whether what it's picking up are coins, junk, etc. You can even program it to ignore things like aluminum.

My new hobby is about to be target shooting again. Just picked this little rock up and am itching to get back into shooting again. Lots of team competition shoots around here too!

157088_606726562671795_1469386121_n.jpg
I recently bought a Taurus PT809, and I love it. My wife was worried that it would be a lot harder to fire than it is, because she had never touched anything more than a squirt gun before, but it's insanely easy to use after some practice.

Do you already have a stockpile of ammo to shoot with, or are you one of the poor folks that's about to discover how impossible it is to acquire rounds right now? Even when you can find ammo, you'll be in for a bit of sticker shock. They're even selling the Russian steel cased garbage for $35+ for a box of 50 9mm, and even that's constantly sold out online and in stores.

When I bought mine, the first thing I had to do was spend days online trying to track down sites with stock. It was almost impossible back then, since most places are on backorder until July-December, but I did get lucky a few times. When the gun show was in town, we went the first night and got some, and they were sold completely out less than 2 hours later of all calibers.

Just going to leave this here...

http://gunbot.net/

:movefast:
Not live updated. That was the first sire I was referenced to and immediately found two major flaws with it. When you search for a specific type, say 9mm, it will show you "in stock" for several. The problem is, when you click it, it will have that brand in stock, but not for the caliber you want. The other problem it will have is never updating the in stock status for sites that are perpetually out of stock.

Also, almost everything that ends up being in stock are tracers, hollow points, and blanks. All useless for target shooting/practice. Or they'll be +P+, which almost all gun manufacturers warn could explode your barrel.

I recently bought a Taurus PT809, and I love it. My wife was worried that it would be a lot harder to fire than it is, because she had never touched anything more than a squirt gun before, but it's insanely easy to use after some practice.

Do you already have a stockpile of ammo to shoot with, or are you one of the poor folks that's about to discover how impossible it is to acquire rounds right now? Even when you can find ammo, you'll be in for a bit of sticker shock. They're even selling the Russian steel cased garbage for $35+ for a box of 50 9mm, and even that's constantly sold out online and in stores.

When I bought mine, the first thing I had to do was spend days online trying to track down sites with stock. It was almost impossible back then, since most places are on backorder until July-December, but I did get lucky a few times. When the gun show was in town, we went the first night and got some, and they were sold completely out less than 2 hours later of all calibers.

Right on, i was looking at some Taurus pieces cause the wife is wanting a 9m pretty bad. For some reason she has her eye on the Springfield though, which i think look way too gawky imho.

http://the-m-factor.com/html/specs_9.html

As far as stocking up on ammo goes no i haven't yet. I was able to grab 2 boxes the other day. One box of 25 "Remington Golden Sabers" for $35 & my real rounds. Got another box of 50 "PMC" target rounds for $25.

Stupid ass store i was trying to reserve my .45 thru wouldn't even reserve it for me. Basically the DAY i got income tax they sold it. Had my mind made up on Glock so i was able to get the model 22 (.40 cal), think it was the last one in the valley. Can't wait to shoot it, they make such a balanced feeling pistol.

Ammo in general is a pain in the ass up here to find at the moment. I did find a local joint here that stays pretty decently stocked tho so i'll def return my business there.

Last edited:
Reloading is going to end up being a necessity.
Posted via BGO Mobile Device

The longer this gun mess goes on the more i think you're 100% right Mike. Ammo is ignant high any more and can only see it getting worse.

Heading out to run the DC Rock n Roll half marathon. Hoping to break 2:30. Wish me luck!

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

Good luck!

Super Henry flies again!

2:15:46 (unofficially).

Totally rocked it! Which is fitting because its the, you know, Rock n Roll Half Marathon. :)

2:15:46 (unofficially).

Totally rocked it! Which is fitting because its the, you know, Rock n Roll Half Marathon. :)

2:15:46 ???????

That's ridiculous and I agree with Ex.....F running. You can seriously haul ass tho holy cow, congrats!

Nah. It was an Ultra 64 :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.