• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

What are your Hobbies??

If Lanky and Extreme opened up a restaurant together I'd go there every day. :)

It could be a seafood restaurant at Disneyland where good food and dreams come true!

I was thinking they would try to pass off crappy food as really good, with Extreme telling their customers they just don't appreciate his genius, and Lanky telling them it was OK if they don't like the food, but in a very superior way.

:D

Love you guys :)

I was thinking they would try to pass off crappy food as really good, with Extreme telling their customers they just don't appreciate his genius, and Lanky telling them it was OK if they don't like the food, but in a very superior way.

:D

Love you guys :)

That's it, fruity beer IS OFF THE MENU.

If Lanky and Extreme opened up a restaurant together I'd go there every day. :)

Don't even have blue prints or a menu, and we already have a customer for life! I smell success...

I'm gonna let you finish, but this thread is the greatest thread of all time. OF ALL TIME.

Seriously though, this would greet every customer....

And no, the typo wasn't intentional. I'm on Norco, and not too observant :laugh: It adds character.

Last edited:
Coin shows are tough. The vendors there have to pay for both booth and entry fees, so they generally mark their stuff up to cover the cost an you end up paying more. Sometimes you get lucky though, because guys are more apt to cut you a deal when you spend more. Coin shows are best used for buying large quantities or rare coins.

If you're looking to buy eagles and the year doesn't matter, the best price right now is here.......https://www.texmetals.com/american-silver-eagle.html?gclid=CKnn16fenbUCFQHNOgoduUYA-A

They have them for $35.03 each right now and free shipping for the 2013 ones. Even my guy doesn't have them that cheap, and he's almost always the lowest. Most places are selling them for $820-$880 a tube right now, so getting a tube for $700 is a steal.

also just saw a 3 day sale at apmex if you are interested in 2013 eagles.

(Love those prices at Texmetals though too, in fact i think they might still be better due to shipping)

http://www.apmex.com/product/72460/...n&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=021313Cthumb1

also just saw a 3 day sale at apmex if you are interested in 2013 eagles.

(Love those prices at Texmetals though too, in fact i think they might still be better due to shipping)

http://www.apmex.com/product/72460/...n&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=021313Cthumb1
Absolutely. I just got the last wheat cent I needed to fill the folder for a complete set. I plan on selling it on ebay, but since there are no true complete sets that I've been able to find, it's hard to tell what it will go for, since several of the coins can individually go for hundreds. I have every year and every mint from each year, so I should make a decent return. I've been trying to fill the book for about 20 years, and have easily spent $1,000 in that time filling it. Luckily for me, the market was dead low when I got most of the higher value ones, so my profit should be decent.

Absolutely. I just got the last wheat cent I needed to fill the folder for a complete set. I plan on selling it on ebay, but since there are no true complete sets that I've been able to find, it's hard to tell what it will go for, since several of the coins can individually go for hundreds. I have every year and every mint from each year, so I should make a decent return. I've been trying to fill the book for about 20 years, and have easily spent $1,000 in that time filling it. Luckily for me, the market was dead low when I got most of the higher value ones, so my profit should be decent.

awesome! Someday I hope to have worked up a collection of value!

Last night I FINALLY found a Kung Fu school to supplement my training! I cant explain what a huge relief this is. I;ve been seeking for a couple of months to find someplace that I can formally train again with. So now I am officially training in 2 arts simultaneously. Wing Chun twice a week and Lai Tong Pai for another 2. Weekends will be a mix of both, but I'm not sure yet which place I'll go to. The 2 arts compliment each other better than all the others I have looked at (including all the other Wing Chin styles I found, weird huh?)

My favorite part about the new stuff is all the fancy new weapons I will get to ultimately learn. They cover all 18 Shaolin main weapons.

I can now take a deep relaxing breath and be calm knowing my future in this hobby is secure once again.

Shaolin weapons? Damn that sounds fun, maybe I should look into this :D

I knew when I saw the lowest ranks grabbing staffs to train forms with that it was going to be a good fit! Wing Chun only has a couple of weapons and those dont come on until Sifu level for most. I am really excited (if you cant tell!) LOL

I'm so excited I'm spittin nickles!

My oldest daughter came to class with me last week (just to appease me) and she LOVED it!

Tonight, my wife is also going to give it a try.

If somehow, my entire little family shares my greatest hobby with me, I dont know how I could handle all the awesomeness!

The Chinese Martial arts Tournament that I went to yesterday had a totally unfamilair style make a big show. It was called Shuai Chiao and its kind of like judo and kung fu mixed from what I could see. There were dudes flying all over the place! LOL

This school came down and did very well, though they didnt win them all.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qtWIck4a67M[/media]

Its been a good week for my hobbies!

1) Added a great deal of weapons work to the Kung Fu studies, my oldest daughter did too

2) Received my first "fancy" bourbon (many thanks to HOF44!) and will taste test this evening or maybe tomorrow.

3) Found a few more pre-1964 silver coins and my Dad called last night to tell me he found a 1878 Silver Morgan from the Carson City Mint in what he claims as perfect condition and in its original sleeve from the mint. (found it in my deceased granddad's safe)

Its been a good week for my hobbies!

1) Added a great deal of weapons work to the Kung Fu studies, my oldest daughter did too

2) Received my first "fancy" bourbon (many thanks to HOF44!) and will taste test this evening or maybe tomorrow.

3) Found a few more pre-1964 silver coins and my Dad called last night to tell me he found a 1878 Silver Morgan from the Carson City Mint in what he claims as perfect condition and in its original sleeve from the mint. (found it in my deceased granddad's safe)
You know what a good way to get coins to go through is? Ask your bank for a box, or customer wrapped rolls. I know Wells Fargo, Bank Of America, BB&T and Navy Federal don't have a problem selling anyone (even non customers) a box of coins if they ask politely.

Boxes are priced as follows, and you only pay face value....

Pennies $25
Nickels $100
Dimes $250
Quarters $500

Don't waste your time with nickels, because the value on nickels in non existent unless you get a rare one or a war nickel (40% silver for 3 years). Buffalo nickels are cool, but you almost never find them in circulation, and the value is low, because you will never find a rare buffalo.

Pennies are great, because the cost is super low, and if you buy any of the various Lincoln cent resource books, you will quickly find out a lot of them are worth a lot of money. I've made hundreds from pennies I found in bank boxes.

Dimes and quarters are easy to search a box, because you won't be finding any non silver ones that are worth anything, so rather than individually sort, you just bust open a roll, and look at the edges. A silver one will jump out immediately, because the edge looks white and the non silver looks brown from the copper.

Going this route is optimal if you have a Navy Fed account, because you can just keep want you want, and dump the rest into the machine in their lobby free of charge, and it goes straight into your account. Never use Coinstar, you'll go broke. But ALWAYS look in the return change bin on every Coinstar you walk by, because the machines reject silver, and I have found more silver coins in Coinstar machines than anywhere.

Another good piece of advice, is to go to your bank and ask them if they have customer wrapped rolls of dimes or quarters, and buy however many you want. These can be silver rich, because typically only older people roll coins, and they don't filter out the silver. I once got a full roll of silver dimes, and a full roll of proof dimes from the same transaction. What cost me $20 I turned right around and sold for $200. Also, every single time you go to the bank, ask them if anyone has brought in rolls or single of dollar coins or half dollars. The answer is no 75% of the time, but when they have them, the odds of them being silver is about 100%. I got a 1908 Barber half from the bank last week doing this.

Fair warning though, if you start going this route to find silver, it will be far more rewarding, but you will come to despise weekends with a passion. If you try it, you'll see what I mean. No open banks will make your weekend depressing :laugh:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.