• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

What are you drinking?

SC_RedskinsFan

The Starter
Reaction score
Military Branch
Marine Corps
This evening I am having some Christmas beers we saved.

Right now I am partaking in Thirsty Dog's 12 Dogs of Christmas

:cheers:

I had a 2011 stout from jester king

I had too many mason jars of ipa, too

Oil can! Pint of Fosters. Say what you will, I'm a fan...

For you home brewers, do you have to obtain some kind of license for that or just fire away?

Right on, always wondered that. Suppose if you packaged it up for sale it'd be different tho.

For you home brewers, do you have to obtain some kind of license for that or just fire away?

No - you'd only need a 'license' if you planned on selling it, or *technically* if you made more than considered for 'home use' (depends on the state). If you need help/guidance, say the word. I will get you up and going. #God'sWork

Not enough. I am at work. When get home will go with St. George's Black Forest or some Gentleman Jack.

No - you'd only need a 'license' if you planned on selling it, or *technically* if you made more than considered for 'home use' (depends on the state). If you need help/guidance, say the word. I will get you up and going. #God'sWork

Word. For some reason I just imagine a room full of equipment, including a still contraption with gas heaters and such, lol.

Only if you want to burn your house down. Plenty of contraptions, but brewing is outdoor work.

We brew in the kitchen and garage out here. There really isn't too much danger involved if you know what you're doing

It can be done in the kitchen, if you're doing extract brewing. And it's easier to use a wort chiller outside (you can use a tub with ice or cold water, but it's not ideal). If you're doing all-grain you're going to spend all day trying to heat the water necessary. It's just a whole lot easier using a turkey burner outside in my opinion. But the beauty of homebrewing is there 1000 ways to skin a cat.

It can be done in the kitchen, if you're doing extract brewing. And it's easier to use a wort chiller outside (you can use a tub with ice or cold water, but it's not ideal). If you're doing all-grain you're going to spend all day trying to heat the water necessary. It's just a whole lot easier using a turkey burner outside in my opinion. But the beauty of homebrewing is there 1000 ways to skin a cat.

Are we talking about beer, Heisenberg?

Hey, I don't add the chili p like Mike does, but I get by alright :)

So how long does the cooking portion usually take?

Once you've produced your wort (either by mixing extract with hot water or by steeping grains and draining) you typically bring the wort to a boil for an hour.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.