• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

WFT announces Sean Taylor Memorial

SilentThreat

Ring of Fame
Staff member
BGO Ownership Group
Reaction score
It appears the team will be building a physical memorial outside of the stadium (unless I'm reading this wrong), that will be unveiled on April 1, 2022... Sean's Birthday.

This announcement was made a few minutes ago with today being the 14 year anniversary of his death.

Reading over this it's hard to deduce when it's gonna go down. It says 'to be unveiled during the 2022 season', then in the next paragraph it says to mark your calendars for April 1 and references the dedication ceremony... so.... maybe the details will be released at some announcement on April 1? I dont know...

Jake Russell on Twitter pointed out that November 27, 2022 is a Sunday. Maybe there's a home game where they unveil the official memorial on that day?

I really don't want to take away from him but it's another interesting choice. I believe we are in the process of a new stadium project so I hope the memorial would then be a part of the plans at the new home. I am glad that, at least on the surface, this looks like an inclusive event with ample notification in order to allow fans to make arrangements to be there.

Last edited:
The crack staff in Jason Wright's office has been hard at work on this after the completely botched roll out of the Taylor jersey retirement.

Feel very fortunate that I was able to get a sneak peek at the finished product they are going to roll out....

Attachments

• gumby-9-inches-5.jpg
    gumby-9-inches-5.jpg
    28 KB · Views: 42
Two things. As long as Dan Snyder is owner the front office and executives will get no break or benefit of the doubt from fans and critics. Probably not entirely fair but that’s just the way it is.

My second point may upset some, but I think it’s time we stop treating Sean Taylor like he was or is a saint. He was an incredible talent and he died tragically. But he’s neither the greatest Redskin who ever lived nor was necessarily a great role model.

The good things about Taylor were good enough to make him an amazing guy. I was as big a fan of the player as anyone. He was also a pretty strange cat. We don’t have to try and make a God out of him to appreciate him.

It’s great that they want to recognize and celebrate him but some of the criticism and drama over how that happens is more than a little overblown. He’d be the last one to give a rats ass about any of it. That’s the biggest irony in all of it.

Outside of Darrell Green he's the best secondary player we've ever had. His short amount of work solidifies it. He is respected and loved by all fans of every team. The tragedy of his passing gives him more than that right...

The entire hogs line were drunks as was Riggins. Joey T was a womanizer. Manley was a cokehead. Champ Bailey cheated. Timmy Smith might still be in prison.

Sean Taylor had the will and the skill between the lines that drew the attention of all that played and all that watched.

Michael Jordan was as big of an asshole as one could be. Between the lines he was a killer.

The way Sean was stolen from his family, from his friends, from his team, and from his fans by true outlaws deserves special attention.

Last edited:
Sometimes I wonder: Can the fan base just let the man rest?

It's been 14 years and folks gotta rehash everything about him every other week in the football season.

Some people like showing remembrance and respect to people who passed away. It's why Elvis still makes millions a year. It's not a bad thing, sometimes it's how people cope with it.

Plus, I'm sure his family likes it. If they didn't they wouldn't have shown up 13 years later for his jersey retirement.

ST, are there legit rumors to a new stadium deal or you just have a hunch?

Suppose it could be why the team hasn’t made an official mascot public yet either. My $ is on ineptitude, but could see them unveiling the mascot & stadium deal at the same time too.

Outside of Darrell Green he's the best secondary player we've ever had. His short amount of work solidifies it. He is respected and loved by all fans of every team. The tragedy of his passing gives him more than that right...

The entire hogs line were drunks as was Riggins. Joey T was a womanizer. Manley was a cokehead. Champ Bailey cheated. Timmy Smith might still be in prison.
Don't really know what the purpose of the bolded rant is in a conversation about Sean Taylor?

Let’s not turn this into something it’s not. I simply said all the fan outrage (and the team scampering to do damage control any way they can think of) is all a little much. Neither I nor anyone else said Taylor is undeserving of recognition, wasn’t a great player, or that his death wasn’t tragic.

Don't really know what the purpose of the bolded rant is in a conversation about Sean Taylor?
It wasn't a rant. They are facts. Try not to be emotional about it.

Sean ran around the hood in Miami brandishing a gun over four wheelers. He had his faults too.
Easy, Wilbon. You're going to look as foolish as he did if you keep that line of thought up.

Sean's brother with a game sealing INT on the anniversary of his passing

For the record…a statue of Joe Gibbs should be erected before that of any player.

I think a lot of fans feel that way but ST has now become a lightning rod issue - just like he was in real life. It’s dumb because we all agree he was a transcendent talent.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.