• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

WFT announces Sean Taylor Memorial

Actually, yeah. I'll stop. This was a set up from the beginning.

I wasn't trying to start an argument or troll the board. I just feel pretty cynical about the whole topic at some level and most of that is because of what I've read and seen from fans on social media (not here). The team can't win on this one no matter what it does after badly botching the ST celebration and I get that. I think two things can be true at the same time. This is a nice thing to do, and the reason it's being done is to pacify fans and un-**** a big PR disaster. I'm sort of tired of the whole ST debate and that's more or less what I expressed. I don't think I'm the only one and I don't think expressing that is a big deal.

Love this idea from Rick Snider...

Follow the O's, that's one of the great things about Camden, the statues. Arguing about Gibbs/Riggo/Green/Taylor is irrelevant to me but f'ng do it right. Make a garden of it, not a single tribute.

For the record…a statue of Joe Gibbs should be erected before that of any player.

All i've seen referenced is memorial, so it very well will not be an actual statue.

I like Rick Snider's idea actually. A lot of players that, outside of their name on the 'ring of fame,' probably don't feel any different walking into Fedex as they do any road stadium.. it's not 'home. We all love to remember the past, yet when you go into the stadium... it's just not there. The best stadiums in the world, everyone says feel like you're walking back into history. Lambaeu, Fenway, Wrigley, all old stadiums, and all provide a history.

Last edited:
The very cynical side of me (and it does exist!) wonders if we'd be 'rehashing' all this Sean Taylor stuff every year if the team was actually a success.

I loved the player, have his jersey, and think he indeed deserves our love and respect and a memorial statue for everything he did for the team, but it really does feel sometimes like the team likes to trot his name out periodically as a salve to the fans to paper over what is another dreadful season of losing. He's perhaps the one bright spot of the Franchise since the superbowl years, so you can see the thinking.

And now Cynical Knighty will go back in the box and normal service will resume.

(P.S. I was also wondering about the new stadium. Will they move this memorial when the deal is done and a new stadium is constructed? Seems odd timing to me. I think I'd have waited till the new stadium deal was done and then announce that as part of the construction project there will be a Sean Taylor statue and a Joe Gibbs statue or something. Seems odd to be building this - whatever it is - at somewhere we probably won't be in a few years time.)

Did anyone order the towel and receive it yet?

I didn't get mine yet.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.