• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

WE: Haynesworth Transcript

SNF

The Starter
Reaction score
http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/s...l/Haynesworth-irked-once-again-101240514.html

Haynesworth irked once again
By: John Keim
Examiner Staff Writer
08/21/10 11:18 PM EDT

We'll just let you see the entire Q&A that ended after one minute, 26 seconds when a Redskins employee ended the interview. And keep in mind, every time Haynesworth mentioned that he had a headache, he used exaggerated quote marks.

Q: What happened this week?

A: I don't know. I was told I had headaches or whatever and that's why I couldn't go out and practice. It was a little bit more than that, but they didn't want to expose that.

Q: What was it?

A: You'll have to ask them, but I guess they'll tell you headaches.

Q: You didn't have anything?

A: That was part of it, but it wasn't all of it. They left out a whole lot of stuff.

Q: Why would they do that?

A: I don't know, but I guess to make themselves look good, make me look bad for not going to their offseason conditioning program. Next year I'm not coming either. I'll be with my trainer again and I'll get back in the same shape I'm in and feel good about myself.

Q: Are they holding it against you?

A: Oh yeah I think so. It's all right. I'm a football player and I know I can still play the game as long as I get this defense down I'll be all right.

Q: How did you feel tonight?

A: It was all right; third quarter, ninth-year pro, I don't think I should have been out in the third quarter but for having headahces, that's what they wanted to do.

Poor Albert. Everyone's against him.

Boo frickin' hoo.

Maybe he had a yeast infection in his mangina and they were trying ot save him from embarassment

this is embarrassing, even I can't / won't defend this guy... and that's saying alot.

Maybe the Skins should add his Mother to the training staff. She could wub his belwy when he feels bad.

The man's a pantie waste. Shows little to no effort on the field and just wants to whine and complain. Put him on the "Physically unable to preform list" and move on.

If we could trade Haynesworth for a WR, I'd be ecstatic right now.
As for Albert coming back next year......not happening the dumbass voided the remaining guaranteed years when he skipped mandatory mini-camp.

No way he'll be back next year.

The man's a pantie waste. Shows little to no effort on the field and just wants to whine and complain. Put him on the "Physically unable to preform list" and move on.

Don't think he can go on the PUP List. It there a Too-Stupid-To-Give-A-Damn List?

he does create match up problems.... he hasn't even played with the 1st unit yet

edit - sorry i can't help but be optimistic

Is that true? That's the best SKins news I've heard all year.
Yes, it is.
article per Jason Reid:
http://voices.washingtonpost.com/re...ynesworth/redskins-fine-haynesworth-1000.html

and a very nice article by Mike Florio of PFT in breaking down Haynesworth's signing bonus and future guarantees. I know PFT is primarily considered "throw it at the wall and see what sticks" rumor/journalism but Florio is a lawyer and has an understanding of the contracts and the CBA.
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...y-hard-time-getting-haynesworths-bonus-money/

Here's the gist from Florio
The only tangible consequence at this point arises with respect to the guaranteed nature of Haynesworth's $3.6 million base salary in 2010 and his $5.4 million base salary in 2011. By ditching the mandatory minicamps, the guarantees have been voided. This means that, if they cut him, the Redskins most likely won't have to pay him $9 million in future guaranteed money.

If we could trade Haynesworth for a WR, I'd be ecstatic right now.
As for Albert coming back next year......not happening the dumbass voided the remaining guaranteed years when he skipped mandatory mini-camp.

No way he'll be back next year.

I wouldn't be surprised to see a trade before the week is out. I'd settle for a straight up Fatty for VJax trade but seeing as it's the Skins, Norv would likely insist on more. :(

If a trade doesn't happen, I think he sticks around long enough to be one of the last guys cut. You want to make it harder for him to catch on with anyone else and be effective.

Here's the part thagt REALLY gets me:
"A: You'll have to ask them, but I guess they'll tell you headaches."

Um, you're a grown man dumbass. Why not just answer the question for yourself? A whole bunch of other stuff? "I had diarrhea, a hangnail, diaper rash, a runny nose and itchy, watery eyes" Good Lord, let's get rid of this guy ASAP as long as we can get something for him. And NO Jason Campbell 2012 draft picks please.

Don't think he can go on the PUP List. It there a Too-Stupid-To-Give-A-Damn List?

Hell, I figured if he couldn't perform at practice and showed little to no effort on the field, it should qualify him for the PUP list.

Upon further review, I like your list idea much better.

Yes, it is.
article per Jason Reid:
http://voices.washingtonpost.com/re...ynesworth/redskins-fine-haynesworth-1000.html

and a very nice article by Mike Florio of PFT in breaking down Haynesworth's signing bonus and future guarantees. I know PFT is primarily considered "throw it at the wall and see what sticks" rumor/journalism but Florio is a lawyer and has an understanding of the contracts and the CBA.
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...y-hard-time-getting-haynesworths-bonus-money/

Here's the gist from Florio

This is beautiful! LIke Jimbo said, if we can't trade him, cut his fat ass on the last day of camp. Or we cold just keep him around,see how the season goes,THEN suspend him for conduct detrimental or something.

If it weren't such a detriment to the team, and at the cost of a valuable roster spot, I'd love to see him sit on the bench for the term of his contract. Watch his talent and career dwindle to the size of his humility.

Mosley, although I don't like him, made a good point. Shanahan should make him start the 4th quarter for the remaining preseason games.

meanwhile back on the home front...

- the passrush SUCKS like it used to

- the LBs still SUCK in space

- I know what I see with my eyes...and it tells me Kemo isn't worth a *hit in passrush. but then again,the same can be said for our vaunted DEs. as for run defense...there's always the hope that the pinheads paying DE won't get sucked into the inside every other play. what an achievement that would be!!! but hey...we have "REAL TALENT" and a top 5 defense!!!. Rice would have run for over 150+ in a real game. we have bigger problems than AH

the Skins continue to specialize in making the other team's QB look great!

but at least the fans get to wax philosophical. just as they will when this team overreaches to a sterling 8-8 record!!!!

I wouldn't be surprised to see a trade before the week is out. I'd settle for a straight up Fatty for VJax trade but seeing as it's the Skins, Norv would likely insist on more. :(

If a trade doesn't happen, I think he sticks around long enough to be one of the last guys cut. You want to make it harder for him to catch on with anyone else and be effective.

Here's the part thagt REALLY gets me:
"A: You'll have to ask them, but I guess they'll tell you headaches."

Um, you're a grown man dumbass. Why not just answer the question for yourself? A whole bunch of other stuff? "I had diarrhea, a hangnail, diaper rash, a runny nose and itchy, watery eyes" Good Lord, let's get rid of this guy ASAP as long as we can get something for him. And NO Jason Campbell 2012 draft picks please.

cut him! he'll be in Dallas before anyone can say boo! and then we can see how Fat Albert really sucks cuz we have the gee whizz best o-line in the world!

you all are all focused on the wrong things! that game last night was an embarrassment - why no call to get rid of all the other pinheads?

- is DM Jason reincarnate? how many f'ing open receivers is he gonna miss before he should hit the road?

- how many more times will we have to watch Carter overrun a play?

- how many times will the right side of the O-line collapse? why is Hyer still on this team?

- will we ever find receivers more intent on actually catching the ball than dropping it? is there some "who can drop the most balls" pool we aren't aware of?

- sorry....but rex is the answer when DM inevitably gets hurt behind this O-line?

- is it LJ? or an O-line that can't run block?

- that's it? that's the stellar standard you get when you participate in OTAs? you gotta be ****in me!!!! who acres at this point if AH participated in OTAs? the rest of the team played like they didn't either! that's the point.

With all due respect, fansince62, that's a lot of venom for the second preseason game AFTER installing new a offense and defense. Not the mention the personnel turnover. I'm just hoping they can turn it around.

I get what you're saying about the LB's though. I thought the pass rush was ok in 1st team. From what I saw, it was the run stopping that was hurting bad. The ravens are a good team... Flacco is the real deal too. I kind of expected them to expose a few things.

8-8 is what I predicted before camp. Optimism wants me to say 9-7 or 10-6 but rationality is making me stay at 8-8.

With all due respect, fansince62, that's a lot of venom for the second preseason game AFTER installing new a offense and defense. Not the mention the personnel turnover. I'm just hoping they can turn it around.

I get what you're saying about the LB's though. I thought the pass rush was ok in 1st team. From what I saw, it was the run stopping that was hurting bad. The ravens are a good team... Flacco is the real deal too. I kind of expected them to expose a few things.

8-8 is what I predicted before camp. Optimism wants me to say 9-7 or 10-6 but rationality is making me stay at 8-8.

no it's not. the fans are all up in arms about a sidebar issue - AH. when the real problems were out there for everyone to see last night. THE FANS are wanking about the wrong things. they should be upset/worried about the routinely subpar play that is masked by occasional good play.

no it's not. the fans are all up in arms about a sidebar issue - AH. when the real problems were out there for everyone to see last night. THE FANS are wanking about the wrong things. they should be upset/worried about the routinely subpar play that is masked by occasional good play.

I gottcha. You make some good points on things that needs to be addressed. I'm just more confident in this coaching staff to adjust than I am in last years. I'm trying to make the point that there has been a lot of change. Because of that fact there are going to be some hiccups. AH is indeed a sidebar and such a distraction is exactly what we DO NOT need in order to improve. That's why I don't like this particular sidebar.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.