• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

WE: Haynesworth Transcript

after moore got hurt the cover 2 (soft vanilla coverage stop deep pass, blitz from both OLB left flats open to CB coming up after jamming WR releasing to safety over top) was use more with reed (played okay not enough range) and chris (coming back from injury).

Didn't even take Moore's injury into consideration regarding the safety play and the deep zones, good observation.

I think everyone was a bit surprised by what we saw last night. Haynesworth is nothing more than an easy and convenient target. He clearly was not putting forth effort last night, which is enough to draw the ire of fans due to salary disparity anyway, to say nothing of the offseason bull**** we have had to put up with because of him.

Having said that, I agree completely with you. With or without Fat Al, our defense looked rough at best last night. Carter is a pretty significant problem that needs to be addressed soon. 'Rak's whiff was terrible too, just terrible. It scares me that Carter and Rak seem to have trouble in space. Not a good sign.

McNabb is McNabb. For every pass he under or over throws, he will deliver one like he did on the goal line under pressure. Anyone who thinks he isn't a massive upgrade from Campbell is kidding themselves. He will frustrate the hell out of us from time to time though.

No, my main concern is the defense. I have to ask if the Ravens are that good? Were the Bills that bad? Cause Holy Jesus, if the Bills are actually that bad? Yikes. I suspect the answer is somewhere in between. Felix Jones is going to give us fits, but we should be able to maintain against Marion Barber. Same with Brandon Jacobs and Ahmad Bradshaw respectively.

fair enough. to be honest...I know that AH is a freakin pain-in-the-arse man-child. that said....jettisonning a top flight player means one thing: another gap, another slice of resources that must be spent upgrading his position instead of other areas; the endless tail chase that has been this team - a tail chase that won't be solved (as this FO is laughably doing) with aging vets. somewhere along the line...both sides blew it IMO. Mostly Haynesworth......but not entirely. folks have the equation wrong: great leadership gets the most out of all its charges...it doesn't fritter away legitimacy in tangling with individuals. The key question, in my mind, was whether there was ever a chance of turning Haynesworth into a positive foce at acceptable cost to the team and leadership "ego". I don't know. I do know the apparent relationship has been mucked up from day 1. I also know, based on what I saw last night, that ATOs couldn't have been all that critical in ensuring players were "ahead". that is an irony when one examines the roots of this nonsense.

Last edited by a moderator:
I thought the defense looked pretty solid in the first half. Considering that they were playing against a good, established NFL championship contender, I'll take it at this point.

Does the defense stand improvement? Of course it does. And probably will throughout this season. This group ain't the '86 Bears. :) But it's not as bad as '62 will lead anyone to believe. (Post #16.)

we weren't watching the same game. there are minor lapses and there are worrisome patterns.

- Rice ran all over the number 1 defense for huge chunks of yardage. we were lucky the Ravens didn't use him all that much. catch the run by McGhee when he basically shucked Rogers like a rag doll with a stiff arm?

- It wasn't AB or Mason who were chewing up the defense when the Ravens went to the passing game...it was the unknowns!

- Our D still can't muster a formiddable pass rush. yes...there's time and hope that this will change.

- The o-line depth remains horrendous. and that is something to be worried about. we would all like to see DM standing at year's end

It was just a scrimmage. a chance to prove the Skins could go mano y mano against a quality team. they didn't. it is early however....a traditional preseason Skins chant....so all we can do is crank the recliner back some more and get through the "growing pains".

Apparently I was watching a completely different first half last night then everyone else.

I watched it twice more on NFL Network this morning to see how much I missed watching originally online.

Still don't see any reason to panic. Guess I'll go get my eyes checked.

who's panicing? more anger/frustration than anything else. haynesworth aint the only one making nice scratch...in case you haven't noticed. every one of these folks should be performing.

Last edited by a moderator:
SkinsO, excellent breakdowns-I appreciate the insights. I hope you do this sort of thing more often, it's very helpful-not to mention encouraging. :claps:

SkinsO, excellent breakdowns-I appreciate the insights. I hope you do this sort of thing more often, it's very helpful-not to mention encouraging. :claps:

Well then, click on that 'Blog it' button :)

Servum glad you enjoyed it. I'll keep em coming as the weeks go by(as long as time permits), great thing about a dvr is you can go back and watch without the emotional attachment that comes from watching it live. Plus it's alot nicer than last year when I watched film and needed prozac for depression.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.