• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

We are upgrading some core software ...

Boone

The Commissioner
Staff member
BGO Ownership Group
Reaction score
Military Branch
Marine Corps
Alma Mater
Virginia
In preparation for launching the new BGO site (which we hope to do sometime later this week), we need to upgrade some core server software. There's no need for downtime, but it's possible that the older vBulletin software this site is running on may not play well with the current php version we are installing. If the site does go down, we will revert back to the previous version as quickly as we can and should have the forum back fairly quickly.

Just an fyi in case that occurs.

PHP upgraded and looks like we're still open for business. Carry on.

It appears that some of our server upgrades have broken the Tapatalk add on. We will no longer use Tapatalk on the new site so this was coming anyway. You can go to the main site on your phone and then change to the vB mobile skin to view the site on your phone for the next few days and then we have a beautiful mobile option ready for you on the new site. Thanks for bearing with any inconvenience for the next couple days :cheers:

Nothing to see here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tapatalk working but we may lose it again. Pain should be very short term folks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Site was down this morning on browser around 0900EST - back up
logging in had me stuck at the redirection page - had to close browser and open back up. even then i just clicked new posts for my cached login to work.

no complaints..just info :)

Site is up now and should remain so until we make the big change. Tapatalk is done for good and when we get to the new site you won't miss it. We will post a thread when we have a go live time.

Site is blocking me from entering the SoW forum. Not too worried about it - this place is gone soon.

Is it still not allowing you in? That's odd as hell if so. I'm going to look and see if I can find a Tapatalk patch tonight and get that working again for the remaining time before migration.

BGO mobile skin is working. That's your best option if I can't get Tapatalk going again.

Is it still not allowing you in? That's odd as hell if so. I'm going to look and see if I can find a Tapatalk patch tonight and get that working again for the remaining time before migration.

That was via my desktop. It's working now.

Not sure if it's the merger or not but the ‘what's for dinner' thread has lost the page count, until you open it up. Absolutely not even a small deal, just an FYI

Yeah, I wouldn't even bother reporting all the glitches guys. It's all going to be irrelevant very, very soon :)

Just a reminder that your best bet navigating the site for the next few days via phone is switching to the mobile style via the drop-down at the bottom of the full site, then clicking on the ‘...' and using the ‘What's New' option.

login is still weird for me.

i log in and it takes me to the next page. most of the time it just hangs there and never moves to the site again. but, if i put in the web address again it will allow me to go to forums

MikefromOH what do you mean by 'it takes me to the next page'? This may still be due to your not clearing your cache. I say that only because I don't know of anyone else who has any site loading issues (other than last night/this morning due to server work).

MikefromOH what do you mean by 'it takes me to the next page'? This may still be due to your not clearing your cache. I say that only because I don't know of anyone else who has any site loading issues (other than last night/this morning due to server work).
That was over a month ago, bro. It has been long since resolved.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.