• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Washington Post: DC Sports Bog: Santana Moss bothered by Pierre Garcon’s comments

One would think running plays which has Griffin in position to snap and throw would help the team develop some momentum and confidence for the qb.

The line is in trouble blocking for anything more than a 3 step drop, it's time to admit it and run more if a traditional WCO.

As I understand it simplifying means reducing the number of reads that have to be made for the play to be successful. They're running 1 read plays as in there is one guy on defense that is read and that determines where the ball goes.

It may speak to the perception that he's not reading the defense well or going through progressions.

I was listening to the same thing.

the below post is in response to the thread, not a direct statement to you.

Dont everyone start freaking out either. Lets take a step back and look at this.

Last year we ran a lot of read option, something that impacted a good portion of the NFL. It was an innovation that took defenses by surprise and won us a lot of football games because of it. Griffin benefited greatly from it, because it opened up the secondary. This year, teams have been able to study up and are finding ways to line up against it.

In addition to that, Griffin had ZERO preseason. He had limited interaction with the first team. I understand we are half way through the season, but he's also only started 22 games.. Dont let that be forgotten. He may be struggling to read defenses, but that's what defenses are coached to do... be confusing. It's a learning curve, always has been. This league has a funny way of humbling young QBs, and it always has. Very few young QBs come in fully NFL ready, and Griffin lit the world on fire last year. He's facing defenses that are preparing so he's got to continue to develop his ability to read those defenses.

I believe in him. He's got the tools, he's got the brain, and he's getting talent. Those three are going to continue to come together. If he's still struggling the same way in 12 months, I'll start to get concerned... but right now, he HAS to continue to learn, and he's also gotta have time to do it.

A season ago, we constantly talked about the character and unity of this football team, to climb back up the ladder after starting out 3-5 and win the division.

A year later, voicing frustrations publicly through the media points to the fact that this team lacks maturity in terms of handling expectations. It's the polar opposite of what we prided ourselves on a season ago.

It would be a shame to see what was built last season fall apart in the blink of an eye. Unfortunately, when guys like Garcon can't bite their tongues, it threatens that.

In sports, just when you think you are ready for a breakthrough as an organization, it becomes even more imperative to develop patience.

Fans need to realize that, players especially need to realize that.

Boy, I'm on the fence with this one.

I think Garcon's main "error" was choice of words. Fletcher can say "we can tackle better", etc. and be called a leader. Garcon says "we suck at passing" and gets called on a veiled comment towards RGIII (which I'm not sure whether it was or not).

What I do agree with with regards to one of Moss's comments is that if there is an issue with a specific player, take it to the coaching staff AND to the player so it doesn't look like you're going behind his back.

Moss is a class act. Yes, he's had some dropped passes, but I also know he respects RGIII and is one of the reasons he wanted to stay a Redskin.

With regards to RGIII, living in Steelers territory and having lived in Ravens country I am getting a lot of "sophomore year slump" and "well, Luck obviously WAS the better QB to be drafted".

A few things come to mind:
1) No one expected RGIII to come out of the gate the way he did, much less himself (in my opinion).
2) Not every athlete is Adrian Petersen... and this was his SECOND major knee reconstruction on the same knee.
3) Not only did he not have any preseason real practice or games, he did not have the film study time, early team meetings, etc. Instead, he was rehabbing in the hopes of being ready for the first game. The blame for this? Everyone involved. Not just RGIII for not watching film. But the coaching staff for not talking to the doctors regarding at least getting him involved in the team chemistry. Team chemistry is built on being together.. whether in the film room, team meetings, on the field. RGIII experienced LITTLE of that this off season. He will be going into NEXT season almost as his sophomore year rather than this year.

I think and hope that we will find THIS year is a fluke with regards to Robert. No, he's not reading defenses nearly as well as he did last year. I nkow who he is going to by watching him and while I know a little about football, sometimes I miss all the nuances. The chemistry has to "get back to what it was" and comments like Garcon's isn't going to help. I want to believe Garcon's comment was merely a poor choice of words rather than aimed at RGIII, especially since Garcon is one of Robert's favorite targets. I want to be right.

This team does need a leader and a leader is built through chemistry... it doesn't seem Robert really has that this year and I don't believe it's really all his fault (notice I say ALL his fault, he does have to shoulder some of the responsibility).

I guess with time we will find out.

That's my 2 cents and I'm sticking with it. :)

Great post sandy, I've been trying to say quite a few of those points myself... Couldn't agree with you more!!

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk

Thanks Silent Threat. It's appreciated as well as the likes on the post.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.