• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Washington Announces Temporary Franchise Name

I have hated everything surrounding the name change. That said, the helmets are outstanding and they did the next best thing to getting rid of the logo.

Honestly, I would keep this look moving forward. No gimmicks, clean, classy, traditional and simple.

On top of that I would rename the team Washington Burgundy and Gold. A perfect complement to the visual look.

1596713678667.png

Might as well...we have half of every Alabama defender to come out the past 4 years. Might as well just scream "Roll Football Team!" at the games, too!

Jersey's didnt change... Like the white pants, not yellow....

do they even match the helmets?

this team is an absolute mess

One of the sets of numbers needs to change. Gold on helmet, white on uni. Looks corny.

but, they do match helmet to jersey in burgundy lol

That is pretty sharp.

I can't help but wonder if they are going to ban people from wearing Redskins gear to games at Fed-Ex.

That is pretty sharp.

I can't help but wonder if they are going to ban people from wearing Redskins gear to games at Fed-Ex.

I don't see how they can... after losing fans this season, if they start turning people away sporting Redskins gear... you thought we had empty stadiums before? I imagine part of the reason they kept the jersey's so close to the last generation is so that people can still wear their gear.

Agreed.

The Redskins shirts from the last few years haven't had the logo on anyway if I recall. They just had the word 'Redskins' under the collar. This year they have 'Washington' instead. But the colours and the style is the same.
I guess the hope would be that they sell some merch this year, and over the long haul the old shirts will simply blend with the new and be less noticable.

It's going to be things like caps, flags, jackets and T's with the logo prominently displayed that'll be the issue.

Love it or hate it, I'm buying at least a cap this year or something this year. While we're perhaps not happy about it now, this year is somewhat historic in the evolution of the team. It's likely this is a one year deal before the new identity is released and I'd like something from this year for posterity. (I know that'll likely be a polarising opinion!)

I've always been a huge Formula 1 fan, and a Jenson Button fan in particular. He won the championship back in 2009 with the Brawn GP team. I never bought any gear that year, and the team was a one year deal, (It was the Honda Racing Team the previous year and then was bought out by Mercedes the year after) and I have always regretted not buying something from that historic season. The rest of my Redskins collection has items of significance from 'special' years. I have a cap from each of the Superbowl years for instance.

Love it or hate it, this year marks a historic turning point for the franchise.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.