• Welcome to the New BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the new software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you find potential glitches, please report those in the Possible New Site Glitches and Issues thread. If you have questions, post them in the New Site Questions? thread.
  • The 2020 Season will be the last for our little community. Following the final WFT game of the 2020 season, the site will close it's doors. We wanted to give you a little advance notice so that you could retrieve any photos, content, or other material from the site before it became unavailable, so that you could exchange contact info with anyone you may desire, and ensure that folks would forgo any site donations going forward. We have had a blast being your favorite Redskins and WFT watering hole for the past decade. We had a great run and each of you were a part of it. Thanks to all of you for your amazing contributions and camaraderie. You made this a special place.

Warpath Confidential: The Battle at Backup – Receivers

One of many experimental iterations ...

BGO

By John PappasWarpath Confidential EditorToday we look at receivers.* There are two positions in play for receivers; the number two and five slots.**Receivers have been a story line since the day before camp when Coach Zorn implied that Antwaan Randle El’s number two position is open for competition.* “He’s easily our third receiver,” said Zorn, [...]

More...

Boone

GM
Staff member
Reaction score

Marine Corps Virginia

I'm really rooting for Hagan's who I think is underrated and has the skills to be an eventual #2 WR if given the opportunity. Of course, I'm also pulling for him because he was a Cavalier...but he's got talent and a great work ethic. I think it's great they brought Hackett today, but barring injury the 5th receiver is almost surely going to be one of these two.

Bulldog

The All-Time Great
Reaction score

Hackett given his WC0 experience with Zorn has to work himself out of a job IMO. This I think puts Mitchell on course for the PS.
Posted via BGO Mobile Device

Neophyte

GM
Staff member
Reaction score

Traditionally the 5th spot has been for a guy who is a stud on special teams and that just doesn't sound like Hackett to me. The only way I see him making this team is if Zorn and Hixon are concerned about injuries in the first 4, something that has to be a consideration after the year both the 2nd year guys had last season and the nicks they are both already getting in camp.

I'm with you in your hope for Hagans, Boone. Be great to see a Hoo make it.

beamish

The 1st Round Pick
Reaction score

Army

have to agree with neophyte about hackett. i remember dj from my days in colorado - he was a solid receiver for CU, but he's quiet and just doesn't fit the profile as that 5th receiver/ special teams standout.
Posted via BGO Mobile Device

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Private conversations
Help Users
    You haven't joined any rooms.
    Chat 0