• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

WAPO: Rex Grossman getting snaps with first team in practice

I still think Beck starts but will probably be on a short leash.

I still think Beck starts but will probably be on a short leash.

And there in lies the problem. If you gonna give the guy a chance, give him a general plan of attack, and let him just go out and play his game, not one forcing a square peg into a round hole.

I also think Beck does far better... if there is such a thing... when moving at a faster pace. He doesn't have time to think as much, and instince comes in.

Just announced Rex to start! Championship!!

thanks DP! hey..I make no bones about it...I can't stand the guy! Contract/no contract...I saw who was leading the team during the strike. yea...RG can be more effective than Beck (he ought to be). but so what? he has no place in this team's future.
Hete to break it to you 62, but it is likely that Rex will be on the team next year.

Hete to break it to you 62, but it is likely that Rex will be on the team next year.

hope not...as we saw today....HE SUCKS!!!!!! I'd sign some other vet to groom the new guy.

hope not...as we saw today....HE SUCKS!!!!!! I'd sign some other vet to groom the new guy.

Matt Flynn should be signed, we should draft one of the kids coming out, and Rex should be brought back as a veteran backup.

But more importantly than any of that is what we do with our later picks! We must draft O-line across the board from the 2nd through the 5th rounds!

El...why would you bring back a

- pick machine?

- a QB who has too many blocked passes?

My belief is that everyone is so starved for decent QB play that when RG manages to make 4-5 good passes in a row he somehow assumes "ok" status. he's not ok. for a guy who has six years under his belt....the team doesn't score anymore with RG under center than Beck. it looks better...but the results are the same.

FS, having one QB who knows the offense would be helpful during the offseason, particularly if we bring in a FA QB and a rookie.

Having said that, I'm not sure I want Rex mentoring a rookie. Not sure I want Beck either. Can we just promote Crompton already?

FS, having one QB who knows the offense would be helpful during the offseason, particularly if we bring in a FA QB and a rookie.

Having said that, I'm not sure I want Rex mentoring a rookie. Not sure I want Beck either. Can we just promote Crompton already?

Goal...it's KS's job to teach the offense. I don't want RG taking up a roster spot:

1) so he can teach

2) if I'd have to watch him for the first 4-6 games until the rookie moved into the starting lineup.

eh....I'm tired of the whole subject. rex...beck.....blah. Shanhans better fix this during the off season!

why not play Crompton? What do they have to lose at this point?

Goal...it's KS's job to teach the offense. I don't want RG taking up a roster spot:

1) so he can teach

2) if I'd have to watch him for the first 4-6 games until the rookie moved into the starting lineup.

eh....I'm tired of the whole subject. rex...beck.....blah. Shanhans better fix this during the off season!

why not play Crompton? What do they have to lose at this point?

Why not keep Grossman, since he promised us an NFC East title, and likely Super Bowl ?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
We are all excited to experience the announcement of draft selections IN REAL TIME TOGETHER. If you feel the need to be the first to 'blurt out' the team's picks you are better off staying out of chat and sticking to Twitter. Please refrain from announcing/discussing our picks until the official announcement has been made at the podium. Thanks!

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.