• Welcome to the New BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the new software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you find potential glitches, please report those in the Possible New Site Glitches and Issues thread. If you have questions, post them in the New Site Questions? thread.
  • The 2020 Season will be the last for our little community. Following the final WFT game of the 2020 season, the site will close it's doors. We wanted to give you a little advance notice so that you could retrieve any photos, content, or other material from the site before it became unavailable, so that you could exchange contact info with anyone you may desire, and ensure that folks would forgo any site donations going forward. We have had a blast being your favorite Redskins and WFT watering hole for the past decade. We had a great run and each of you were a part of it. Thanks to all of you for your amazing contributions and camaraderie. You made this a special place.

WAPO: Rex Grossman getting snaps with first team in practice

One of many experimental iterations ...

Dead Money

, Mike Wise HATE'r
Reaction score

This week, Redskins Coach Mike Shanahan and offensive coordinator Kyle Shanahan had Beck split first-team snaps with second-string quarterback Rex Grossman
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs...1/gIQA5yieDN_blog.html?wprss=football-insider

Surprised nobody was talking about this? I've watched most of the press videos from the coaches this week and didn't see this coming. I think this week is looking like an opportunity to get some of the players attention back so if Captain Checkdown doesn't get it done early they could insert Rex to try to salvage the game or at least try to help with the progression of some of the younger fellas on offense.

Or this could just be to get Beck motivated a little more. Who knows. :insane:

Goaldeje

The Legend
Reaction score

James Madison

First, they're both rubbish. Second, we're not getting Luck unless we pull a Ricky Williams deal. Rex is the better QB (by a not very wide margin), and if he can provide the young WRs with a better learning opportunity, then I think you have to go with him.

DieselPwr44

The Owner's Favorite
Reaction score

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

Need to keep Rebecca of Sunny Brook Farm starting!!

It's the path to a high pick and finally drafting some legitimate QB talent onto the roster!

Need more coffee. lol

Nobody

Super Bowl MVP
Reaction score

Army

Although Wrecks Grossman obviously isn't the answer, I'm surprised there are people that think him and Beck are at the same level.

burgold

The Team Captain
Reaction score

My feeling is this... it's okay if a fan or a GM roots for a win or doesn't mind losing, but coaches and players should never admit defeat. They need to always fight and do their best. If Shanahan thinks Grossman is practicing better and might be more effective that's the way to go.

His job is to win games today, not tomorrow. He needs to try every trick in his bag and use every weapon in his arsenal to try to reach his objective. Every player's job on the field is to do the same.

Elephant

The Commissioner
Joe Gibbs Club Member
Reaction score

Florida State

Who are you guys kidding? We are about to go on a 4 game win streak! That will leave us at 7-5 with 4 games left. We play a tough game against the Pats but lose. And then we win the next three. The Giants win puts us in a dead heat with them, we go on to annihilate the Vikes, putting Ponder out of the game to have McNabb come in so we can put him out of the game too. Joe Webb gives us fits, but by then it's too late. Leaving us one win away from going to the playoffs. We beat the Eagles, we win the division. First division title in 12 years!

Bulldog

The All-Time Great
Reaction score

With Beck we lose games 0-23.

With Grossman we lose games 18-16 and 20-13.

In either case we are going to lose most of the games, but at least with Grossman the games are interesting beyond the second quarter.
Posted via BGO Mobile Device

Henry

Coaching Staff
Staff member
Reaction score

What Goaldeje and Bulldog said.

Either way we lose, but with Grossman at least the WRs might get some work.

Miles Monroe

Coaching Staff
Staff member
Reaction score

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs...1/gIQA5yieDN_blog.html?wprss=football-insider

Surprised nobody was talking about this? I've watched most of the press videos from the coaches this week and didn't see this coming. I think this week is looking like an opportunity to get some of the players attention back so if Captain Checkdown doesn't get it done early they could insert Rex to try to salvage the game or at least try to help with the progression of some of the younger fellas on offense.

Or this could just be to get Beck motivated a little more. Who knows. :insane:
Wait a minute, so you're going to be watching tomorrow ? What happened to golf or sailing... Ft Myers boat show maybe. :)

fansince62

The All-Time Great
Reaction score

With Beck we lose games 0-23.

With Grossman we lose games 18-16 and 20-13.

In either case we are going to lose most of the games, but at least with Grossman the games are interesting beyond the second quarter.
Posted via BGO Mobile Device

no they aren't. he's such a turd as a QB that it pains anyone who pays attention to have to watch his fat arse out there pretending to be an athlete!

buuuuutttttt...since we're already the laughing stock of the NFL...it doesn't matter that RG is the punchline to every sarcastic barb in the NFL universe. RG is the one AND ONLY decision....that has led me to suspect KS's effectiveness.

in the event.......all I can do is get down on my knees and pray that RG is cut the day after the season ends. along with Beck.

Last edited:

McD5

The Hall of Famer
Reaction score

Florida State

I suspect we'll see Rex starting tomorrow.

GSF

The Starter
Reaction score

Rex time. He will play better than most expect too.

Dead Money

, Mike Wise HATE'r
Reaction score

Wait a minute, so you're going to be watching tomorrow ? What happened to golf or sailing... Ft Myers boat show maybe. :)
Nice catch! I actually have to be in Lauderdale for a class all next week so now I may actually go to the game. Tickets are damn there free? LOL

I know, I know. Whatever. :blush:

Sarge

The Owner's Favorite
Reaction score

Air Force

Nooooooooooooo!

We must complete the suckage! We've come this far! Rex may actually lead us to a win tomorrow. Maybe.

servumtuum

The Owner's Favorite
Reaction score

Indiana

Did my posting of that stuff from the Dolphins fan forums inspire some kind of competitive urge here? ;)

fansince62

The All-Time Great
Reaction score

Rex time. He will play better than most expect too.

and we'll be so proud! Against the Dolphins no less! All Pro no doubt!

It remains a total embarrassment that both these QBs are on the team.

DieselPwr44

The Owner's Favorite
Reaction score

The Butterball returns!! Just in time for Thanksgiving too!

That was for you Al. :)

Becky needs to start and lead us to the high pick. Oh well......

fansince62

The All-Time Great
Reaction score

The Butterball returns!! Just in time for Thanksgiving too!

That was for you Al. :)

Becky needs to start and lead us to the high pick. Oh well......

thanks DP! hey..I make no bones about it...I can't stand the guy! Contract/no contract...I saw who was leading the team during the strike. yea...RG can be more effective than Beck (he ought to be). but so what? he has no place in this team's future.

I also make no bones about this: I want a very high draft pick next year (and everything that implies). we have to get our franchise QB.

Miles Monroe

Coaching Staff
Staff member
Reaction score

Nice catch! I actually have to be in Lauderdale for a class all next week so now I may actually go to the game. Tickets are damn there free? LOL

I know, I know. Whatever. :blush:
Good for you ! The way I see it is, no matter how crappy we are playing, if you can make it to the game, LOUD and PROUD is the way to be.

Have a blast !

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Private conversations
Help Users
    You haven't joined any rooms.
    Chat 0