• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Wade Watch (Phillips FIRED!)

I don't see them cutting guys from the DL, since that is probably one of their strenghts. Any potential cuts will depend on who is hired as HC.

I'm curious to see if a Gruden or Cowher would work for Jerry knowing how he operates. If he wouldn't leave Parcells alone how do they think he won't meddle with them?

I'm am a bit surprised at how everyone here seems to think Garrett will be better than Wade. At this point, I don't see it. And no matter who the Head Coach is, the offensive line is the same.

For a team that was 11-5 last year and is now 1-7, this may be the most glaring lay-down by a roster of players I have ever seen in the NFL.

There are holes on that team but there are also some very good football players.

Yeah. This is a far bigger implosion than the the one that got Turner fired mid-season here. Makes our 8-8 season in 2000 seem like a day at the park. :)

I'm am a bit surprised at how everyone here seems to think Garrett will be better than Wade. At this point, I don't see it. And no matter who the Head Coach is, the offensive line is the same.

Whether they perform better probably depends on how the team felt about Wade. If he was truly seen as what was holding the team back, then you might see a big improvement on the field just from the positivity of having him gone. If on the other hand, the Cowboys problems go far beyond the head coach (and I think they do), a head coaching change, as you hinted, ain't going to fix this broken down train.

I'm just hoping they'll still suck for the remainder of the year. It's not often we beat Dallas twice in one season but I'm really hoping we can beat a dead horse this time.

I'm not sure Garrett will be any better than Phillips. However, the message to the team that they just got their coach fired may resonate and could light a spark. Or not. :)

The team has some holes, but they shouldn't be 1-7 right now. They shouldn't be losing to anyone 45-7. The Cowboys are done this year, but they could still win 3 or 4 more games if they actually try. And I think that's what Jones is looking for at this point. We'll see.

Whether they perform better probably depends on how the team felt about Wade. If he was truly seen as what was holding the team back, then you might see a big improvement on the field just from the positivity of having him gone. If on the other hand, the Cowboys problems go far beyond the head coach (and I think they do), a head coaching change, as you hinted, ain't going to fix this broken down train.

There a rumblings that many players don't like Garrett.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/11/08/report-cowboys-players-not-big-jason-garrett-fans/

I know it's PFT so we must take it with a grain of salt, I just can't imagine how the players didn't like Wade Phillips. He may be a poor HC, but he has always appeared to be a likable guy. Not to mention, the offense has been outright bad! That is on Garrett, so who knows?

I know the Cowgirls are pretty bad, but there is a scenario playing out here to give Garrett a good name going into his 1st game as coach, their defensive line against a beat up offensive line for the Gnats. The Gnats are likely to be without Diehl and O'Hara. Will this make much of a difference? It all depends.

Do the players really dislike Garrett? If so, they will likely not get pumped for the divisional rivalry.

Will the Gnats O-line be ready? If not, Ware, Ratliff and that D-line could rattle Eli, who I might add has been great lately because of the time he has in the pocket.

And can John Kitna get the ball out quick enough before the Gnats defensive line crushes him! Their best bet would to be to try to get their run game going.

The only reason I give this game to the Giants is because Jason Garrett does not seem to play to the opponents weaknesses. He will likely try to pass against the Gnats and he will get Kitna crushed!

There a rumblings that many players don't like Garrett.

No one really seems to know what the offensive players think but several of the local media guys have been told both on and off the record by players from the defensive side of the ball that they don't believe Garrett is getting it done for the offense. Too many 3 and outs. And they were saying this even before Romo was lost for the year so this isn't just about how things have worked with Kitna. The local media thinks this is the biggest reason they defense isn't getting it done now . . . they just don't care since they don't think the offense will carry it's weight.

Additionally, media here is pretty convinced that if the power structure at Valley Ranch stays the same, Garrett will have the same issues Wade had. The players don't fear the Head Coach because they know Jerry is the ultimate authority and won't let the coaches do anything to the players. In other words, unless Garrett is given the power to bench or cut guys for a lack of performance in practice and in games, don't look for better results.

Additionally, media here is pretty convinced that if the power structure at Valley Ranch stays the same, Garrett will have the same issues Wade had. The players don't fear the Head Coach because they know Jerry is the ultimate authority and won't let the coaches do anything to the players. In other words, unless Garrett is given the power to bench or cut guys for a lack of performance in practice and in games, don't look for better results.

Sound familiar? I think/hope that the difference between Dan Snyder and Jerruh Jones is that Snyder appears to have swallowed his pride and I am not so sure Jerruh can do that, at least not yet. Maybe he will when his Palace is empty and the only fans filling it are from the other team.

There is a virtual clone of this thread running on that Packer board I visit-and the conclusions being reached there are very close to what's being said here. Garrett hasn't been that effective as an OC in Dallas considering the talent at hand and the only thing that will seriously change the direction there will be if the Jerruh hires a new GM, or HC and backs off personal involvement with the team operations-something I think is very unlikely near-term myself.

I think they'll perform better under Garrett because he'll demand more then Philips. This team mirrored Phillips soft attitude. Garrett is far more grity and will get better results. However, he's still limited by the overrated level of talent and the power structure. And Jerruh ain't ever giving up control. He'll take it to the grave just like Al Davis will.

I think they'll perform better under Garrett because he'll demand more then Philips. This team mirrored Phillips soft attitude. Garrett is far more grity and will get better results. However, he's still limited by the overrated level of talent and the power structure. And Jerruh ain't ever giving up control. He'll take it to the grave just like Al Davis will.

Agreed. Also, their O-line sucks and can't protect anyone. Hopefully Jerruh continues to overlook the line.

Hmmm... about 8 minutes to go, but regardless of whether or not Dallas holds on against the G-men, they look like a different team. Actually looks like they might have a little heart, which was missing under Wade.

Somewhere in southern Texas, Haystack Bumsson asks a question...

"Daddy Bum, How'd they do that"?

I completely agree, dalass turned into club med with wade. Wades a great DC but not HC material

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.