• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Vegas: Bills Favored By 5 Over Redskins

McD5

The Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Alma Mater
Florida State
The Bills, coming off the bye week, are early 5 point favorites next weekend.

Take the 5 points straight to the bank. The Bills should roll us by 14 or more, IMO.

EDIT: especially if the injuries to Fletcher and Atogwe keep them out.

That's it? Man, that's a gift.

That's it? Man, that's a gift.

My thoughts exactly. I can't bet on Bodog until tomorrow - I'm assuming the spread will be around -30* by then. Sigh.

*this is sarcasm, it will only be around -27.

Only 5 points?? That's going to be adjusted quickly
Posted via BGO Mobile Device

We weren't supposed to win the Carolina game and we didn't win. Where was that strategy Sunday?!?!?

Really ? By what analysis were we "not supposed to win" ? Just the Las Vegas line ? We're clearly a better team than Carolina.

Carolina was favored by 3. I'm not sure why you feel we are clearly a better team.

Ditto for the Eagles the week before.

Really ? By what analysis were we "not supposed to win" ? Just the Las Vegas line ? We're clearly a better team than Carolina.

Clearly! We only lost by 13 points! A team worse than Carolina would have lost by at least TWICE that!

I would take the Skins and the points this week, but I would probably wait a few days because that line may go up.

Carolina was favored by 3. I'm not sure why you feel we are clearly a better team.

Ditto for the Eagles the week before.

You're basing who should have won, based on Vegas. Great logic.
And the Eagles the week before further supports my point. A game we should have won, that we lose. The only exception to the rule this year was the Rams game. And we BARELY beat them, a team we should have clobbered.

Clearly! We only lost by 13 points! A team worse than Carolina would have lost by at least TWICE that!

This is about who was supposed to win - who was expected to win - not who won. Basing who was supposed to win before the game, by using the results after game, makes zero sense.

And I was supposed to win the lottery last week. I'll be damned if it didn't happen!

Are you serious right now? Vegas lines are what they are for a reason - we were underdogs and supposed to lose. Then, they played the actual game, and they did lose. By a lot more than the spread (for the second week in a row).

Hmmmm...I am waiting to see if I see this phrase show up anywhere;

"We should lose this game"

I may have overlooked it but I don't recall ever seeing it anywhere.

As far as that 5 point line goes, it'll change as money jumps all over the Bills-if that indeed happens. Bettors are much less likely to go to extremes of expectation in either direction than fans, I think. Lines in excess of 15 points are extremely rare because even if there is what appears to be a severe mis-match the bettors will worry about the favorite covering a 15+ point spread enough to cause enough money to be dumped on the "dog" to keep the line within two scores or just a bit more.

The line is now up to 6 points. News of Fletcher and Moss is likely driving it higher.

The words "betting" and "redskins" just aren't in my vocabulary together.
Posted via BGO Mobile Device

We're playing the Bills in Toronto. Five points U.S. translates to 12 Canadian. ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.