• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Twitter: Grossman To Start Sunday

Agreed. Even so, it appears that the next draft is going to have several legit franchise QBs so as long as we don't do something crazy like make the paloffs we'll probably have a decent shot at being able to land one of those guys.

Matt Barkley and Landry Jones are two good ones. But my two personal favorite are Andrew Luck and Robert Griffin. A bunch of QBs in this next class :)

Sexy Rexy week 1... predict the Stormin' Mormon by week 3.

Nick

Stormin' Mormon :) Hadn't heard that one. That might stick.

I heard the same on AM980.....not to thrilled, but ya never know, with the running game we should have, new deep threats and an O-line and D that looks none to shabby we got a shot, but no.1 Rex doesn't have the strongest arm and with him being the most inconsistent QB in the NFL he'll really have to play the best football of his career.

I have to admit I had my usual preseason Super-bowl dreams going on with the way Sexy Rexy played in the opener, forgetting for a full week afterward that this was Rex under center and he is known for being pro bowl worthy one week and a pee wee league bench warmer the next, thing is as much as I want us to have a QB on the roster who can take us to the show, I'm not so sure we do. Beck is far more mobile and has an arm to get the ball down the field for those much needed deep threats, Rex knows the system much better, and can throw a lot of short stuff well and with the running game we should have, he may just be the best bet...I can't believe I'm saying that, in fact I kinda cringe when saying it LOL, but I don’t know why, I have always been a sucker for underdog QB’s, loved Gus, Hasselbeck, Green and the list goes on and on, one Thanksgiving dinner was ruined because my brother was a Shuler fan and I liked Gus LOL , one thing for sure, I'll cheer for whoever is under center, I'm the kind of fan who doesn't believe in booing your team at least while they are on the field, to me it’s like cheering for the other team when ya do that, just a thought not a sermon LOL HAIL!!!

Somewhere... Boone is smiling. And FS is throwing things.

nahh. Butterball will be out of the league within two years...if not sooner. I can endure him until we find a true QB who is an asset when the going gets tough.

I'm not shocked. Based on play, Grossman needed to be given the job or Shanahan would have been called out for never actually giving Rex the opportunity to win the job. Beck still probably has more upside, but I still don't believe either is the long term solution. And let's keep in mind, Grossman is only under contract this year.

yup. ground truth. in fact...let's imagine a so/so 8-8 season with highs and lows. we move up and draft one of those promising QBs. who is kept? Butterball or Beck?

I agree with Ryman for once and I am not quite sure how I feel about it. :puke: Just messing with you Ryman.

It is going to be really hard to trade up in the draft from here on out. With the low rookie wage, they are very affordable now and they are worth the risk. It is going to take massive compensation to move up.

Obviously the Jags, Panthers, Titans, and Vikings will not take a QB high. But I would not rule out teams like the 49ers and Bengals. Just because Kapernick and Dalton are on those teams does not mean that they will not try for Luck, Landry, or one of the other big names in the next draft.

We will not see Luck become a Skin. I would not be surprised to see him reunited with Harbaugh. I honestly think the Suck for Luck race is down to two teams, the 49ers and the Seahawks.

I agree with Ryman for once and I am not quite sure how I feel about it. :puke: Just messing with you Ryman.

It is going to be really hard to trade up in the draft from here on out. With the low rookie wage, they are very affordable now and they are worth the risk. It is going to take massive compensation to move up.

Obviously the Jags, Panthers, Titans, and Vikings will not take a QB high. But I would not rule out teams like the 49ers and Bengals. Just because Kapernick and Dalton are on those teams does not mean that they will not try for Luck, Landry, or one of the other big names in the next draft.

We will not see Luck become a Skin. I would not be surprised to see him reunited with Harbaugh. I honestly think the Suck for Luck race is down to two teams, the 49ers and the Seahawks.

Omni...what makes you think that? The strategy of trading down to secure extra picks will always have its advocates: it has merit independent of cost structure.

The success of Brees, Brady, Roethlisberger and Rodgers shows you don't have to have a top 5 pick to end up with a franchise performer.

A smart front office will find a future starter given mid-selections in the first and later rounds.
Posted via BGO Mobile Device

The success of Brees, Brady, Roethlisberger and Rodgers shows you don't have to have a top 5 pick to end up with a franchise performer.

A smart front office will find a future starter given mid-selections in the first and later rounds.

that's true. but suppose you decide that a QB like Bradford comes along once every decade (as Shanahan did). do you make a play (assuming you have resources to trade)?

not sure I'd use the phrase "will find".....there have been many more failures than successes...unless you are employing a circular definition!

I'm more inclinded to think that your scouts spot the "sure thing" for your system and you go get him whether it's at the top of the draft or available lower down.

I'm sure it's already been said & 'scuse me for not reading the entire thread (and for the accidental rhyming). But: BWWWAAAAAahahahahhhhhhhaaaahaaahaahaaaaa!

Teh Mayo & Weasly Schefter - the Fix is in, eh? I half wonder if MShan didn't do it just to spite them.

I do think this is the right decision for now. And I'm glad that they're focusing on winning, vs. building Beck's accumen.

I just hope Beck doesn't get all pouty. No one is going to hand you anything in this Leauge, for the most part anyway. And we'll need him off the bench. I woulda liked to have kept 3 QB's. But who would sit? eegh.

Agreed, except for Brady. He was a 6th round pick; that's just dumb luck.

Heh...if Belicheat knew Brady was going to be Brady, they'd have taken no chances and drafted him in the 2nd or 3rd round, not waited until the 6th.

Omni...what makes you think that? The strategy of trading down to secure extra picks will always have its advocates: it has merit independent of cost structure.

I agree with you to an extent. Some teams will want to trade down and collect extra picks. Others will not be so quick to pull the trigger and may ask an arm and a leg in a trade.

Recent history has shown that a lot of teams have wanted to trade down from the top of the draft because they did not want to shell out top dollar for a player that may not work out. Also, a lot of teams did not want to trade up for that exact reason. The salaries for the top five or even top ten picks were outrageous. Teams had to put a lot of money into one position and sometimes it was forced on them because no one wanted to trade.

I don't remember the last time a top five pick was traded (outside of Atlanta this past year trading for Julio Jones).

I think salaries will play a major role in a top picks value. Some teams will be more willing to stay where they are and draft the best prospect for their team because it will not cripple them financially. On the other end, teams will be more willing to trade up. I think the teams that are willing to stay are going to drive a tougher bargain than they have in the past.

I agree with you to an extent. Some teams will want to trade down and collect extra picks. Others will not be so quick to pull the trigger and may ask an arm and a leg in a trade.

Recent history has shown that a lot of teams have wanted to trade down from the top of the draft because they did not want to shell out top dollar for a player that may not work out. Also, a lot of teams did not want to trade up for that exact reason. The salaries for the top five or even top ten picks were outrageous. Teams had to put a lot of money into one position and sometimes it was forced on them because no one wanted to trade.

I don't remember the last time a top five pick was traded (outside of Atlanta this past year trading for Julio Jones).

I think salaries will play a major role in a top picks value. Some teams will be more willing to stay where they are and draft the best prospect for their team because it will not cripple them financially. On the other end, teams will be more willing to trade up. I think the teams that are willing to stay are going to drive a tougher bargain than they have in the past.

you make many good points. I just wanted to get across the idea that in any deal there are two parties who expect to benefit and I don't see any reason not think that will still hold with lower rookie salaries (the flip side of which is...if you trade down for more picks...those picks are also cheaper than in the past). in the event...let's tuck this one away until the next draft and see what happens.

I just want the Skins to draft their franchise QB next draft!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.