• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Trent Williams Granted Permission to Pursue Trade

Win4us

Ring of Fame
Joe Gibbs Club Member
Reaction score
Military Branch
Air Force
Finally letting Trent seek a trade, good f’n riddance. Cleveland’s 2nd rounder sounds about right

Trent Williams reportedly granted permission to seek trade

Last edited:
We will not find a team willing to give up a 1st for Williams. That ship has sailed if it ever was a possibility. I’d like to dream about a 2nd and a 3rd rounder package, but we might have to settle either for a high 2nd round pick or a later 2nd rounder with a 4th or 5th round pick tossed in.

Hopefully this doesn’t drag on and we resolve this quickly.

So, will he be asking for a new contract with the new team? If so, real question will be will he find any takers to pay him more given his history.

Last edited:
So, will be be asking for a new contract with the new team. If so, real question will be will he find any takers to pay him more given his history.

That's gonna' be part of the rub right there. He has been given permission to seek one out. Doesn't mean the team will be proactive about it. Truthfully, they don't need to be. If they lose him next year as a FA, they get a 3rd, so they know what they're looking at if they do nothing. Smokey has to not only find a trade partner, but one willing to give up a decent pick and pay his demands.

Good luck with that, Smokey.

Sims? Not Cam, for sure. Steven is par. He has some great plays, and then he drops easy passes all game.
Dunbar? Hes decent. Not really durable and now seems a head case.
McLaurin? Wasn't too hard to figure out to draft the QB you wanted #1 target who showed out while watching Haskins.

I agree we could develop someone to replace Trent, for sure. that is what the NFL is about. But, we aren't going to get someone who can just step in and do it immediately...unless there is a new Munoz, Ogden, or Joe Thomas that I haven't seen.

We will not find a team willing to give up a 1st for Williams. That ship has sailed if it ever was a possibility. I’d like to dream about a 2nd and a 3rd rounder package, but we might have to settle either for a high 2nd round pick or a later 2nd rounder with a 4th or 5th round pick tossed in.

Hopefully this doesn’t drag on and we resolve this quickly.

Pretty sure Miami is on the LT lookout in addition to Cleveland. My dream scenario is our #2 pick and Trent for their three 1’s and 2nd. To me that’s worth a helluva lot more than standing pat for Young.

Just read an article in The Athletic about this. They asked all the beat writers for each NFL team on the chance they would go after Williams. Sources told The Athletic last year that a 2nd round pick was realistic. So the assumption is a team has and would give up a 2nd in addition to potentially paying him more. These were the teams the writers said it's a Slim Chance or Real Chance it could happen.

Real Chance
  1. Chargers (but probably without extension)
  2. Jets (cap friendly with current starter a free agent)
Slim Chance
  1. Bengals
  2. Broncos
  3. Browns
  4. Bucs
  5. Cardinals
  6. Colts
  7. Patriots
  8. Rams
  9. Texans
  10. Vikings
  11. Jaguars (mainly because Gruden is there)

Doesn't he dislike Gruden?

What if his demands are just SO outrageous because he wants out of here? He could be just forcing our hand and accept something reasonable from any other team.

Doesn't he dislike Gruden?

What if his demands are just SO outrageous because he wants out of here? He could be just forcing our hand and accept something reasonable from any other team.
I thought it was more Allen and training staff that he disliked.

I really don't know any longer.

Titans, Browns, and Cardinals are all in the hunt for Trent according to BSPN and The Athletic.

When healthy, Scherff is a top three guard in the league.

How is that not elite?

You can't as a club keep telling the fan base "We want to draft Redskins and see them get that second contract" and then refuse to pay them when they earn it.

scherff is solid but not elite and wants elite money, I would rather package him with TW and try to get a 1-2 from someone. maximise their value and get some decent picks to replace them and go with youth

This is a dream scenario, it won't happen.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.