• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Trade Deadline Thread - Nov 3

No idea who this guy is, don't see anything from an official source...

I have seen NO momentum with this, so I dont know. He kind of walked it back

Last edited:
If Dunbar was worth a #5 as a starter then Anderson is worth less on the market given his limited visibility on this defense.

Something to watch. Ginn is older (35) but he has played with Rivera more than once. I don't know that Rivera drops a player to bring Ginn in, but if another WR goes down hey may make the calls.

Sims is eligible to come off IR this week, but am yet to see any updates on him and what they plan on doing with him.

It’s not like this team outside of some position groupings is brimming with all pro talent.

If we can sign a player like Ginn and he can give us a boost in an area of need we should do it.

No offense to anyone, but it's like we are supposed to sign every free agent that is on social security or in hospice care. That doesn't fit the rebuild.

I agree to an extent that, if you are serious about trying to win the division this season, you probably don't sit idly by and make no attempt to meet some glaring needs by the trade deadline. But I'm also in favor of not giving up any draft capital unless someone younger who could really be a part of things going forward can be had.

I think some of the criticism lobbed Rivera's way regarding him vacillating back and forth between 'this is a rebuild, we're using this year to assess' and 'I did x, y, and z because the division is wide open for the taking' is warranted. He's sort of been all over the map on that depending on which way the wind is blowing.

I'm not sure winning the division and going out in the first playoff game is all that motivating for me. I would rather they go full on rebuild. Then again, if we somehow get in and catch some breaks, you won't hear me bitching either :)

I agree to an extent that, if you are serious about trying to win the division this season, you probably don't sit idly by and make no attempt to meet some glaring needs by the trade deadline. But I'm also in favor of not giving up any draft capital unless someone younger who could really be a part of things going forward can be had.

I think some of the criticism lobbed Rivera's way regarding him vacillating back and forth between 'this is a rebuild, we're using this year to assess' and 'I did x, y, and z because the division is wide open for the taking' is warranted. He's sort of been all over the map on that depending on which way the wind is blowing.

I'm not sure winning the division and going out in the first playoff game is all that motivating for me. I would rather they go full on rebuild. Then again, if we somehow get in and catch some breaks, you won't hear me bitching either :)

Winning a crappy division with aging vets and being grossly undermanned is hollow.

Going into a season with the intent to develop young players, the division underachieving allows those players to still play but they win... thats a good thing. He never said all in on 2020, he said there is an opportunity... and he's been coaching that way

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.