• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Time to make your 2013 Redskins prediction public and final

I'm still thinking that 12-4 is doable. The division we are in can provide us with a 5-1 run. We have some favorable matchups. Griff ran a little more today and had no issues after each run.

Optimist much, BB? Sure, but how were we feeling at 3-6 last year? 0-2 is not fun, but it is not a reason to panic.

If we're hanging our hats on running off a 7 game win streak to pull us out of the flames again, I think we need a Plan B. We captured some magic in the bottle last year. I'd much prefer we win games we should and be competitive in games we aren't favored in. We've been unable to do either so far. Next week is another chance to get things going.

One thing is certain...we are not a shutdown defense by any means. During our 7 game win streak a year ago, the defense played well, but was given a great boost by an offense that was rolling and able to sustain drives and keep them off the field.

In the Seattle playoff game, we carried a one point lead into the fourth quarter with an offense that sputtered once Robert became hobbled. I for one had no faith in our D being able to hold onto a marginal lead for an offense that clearly wasn't going to score any more points with Griffin behind center. We just aren't THAT good defensively, and the playoff loss proved that.

When you look at the circumstances of the new season - playing an Eagles hurry-up offense that is new on the scene, and a well-oiled offensive passing attack like the Packers - it's not that surprising that they've hung this many points and yards on us in the first two weeks with our own offense sputtering early and often. Both Philly and GB were relentless offensively and put our D on it's heals. I'm of the opinion that under the same circumstances, there would have been a lot of defenses that struggled vs. those two teams. Bottom line is that we aren't as bad defensively as we've played lately, but not as good as we'd like to believe we are as well.

The fact is that right now, our offense has lost its mojo. Until it finds itself and begins firing on all cylinders, we will struggle to win football games, and in cases where we play high-octain teams like we have lately, we will look bad doing so. Ultimately, this is a case of what is a pretty good (not great) football team deciding to s**t the bed offensively against the wrong type of teams.

There is still hope for 9-7, possibly 10-6 as a ceiling, but it's all predicated on this offense returning to form - the D is what it is for now until we can find some significant upgrades in the offseason hopefully in certain spots.

I picked 13-3.

We'd better get going. :)

Our defense was amped to play today. We had 3 sacks in the first 2 drives of the game for Green Bay. It is the anemic offense that puts the opposing team's offense back on the field without giving our defense a break. Look, I am not excusing the poor play by the defense, but if our offense gives that defense a chance, they do not look so bad. Half the poor tackles we saw late in the game they were tired and reaching.

I do not think we are nearly as good as everyone who predicted 12-4, but we are not nearly as bad as the last 2 games showed.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
We are all excited to experience the announcement of draft selections IN REAL TIME TOGETHER. If you feel the need to be the first to 'blurt out' the team's picks you are better off staying out of chat and sticking to Twitter. Please refrain from announcing/discussing our picks until the official announcement has been made at the podium. Thanks!

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.